TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Macworld 08

kraken613

Has anyone seen the things announced today? They are:

-iPod and iPhone updates!

-iTunes movie rentals!

-AppleTV Updates!

-One More Thing...

-Macbook AIR! Its tiny! Go check it out on Apples site! I so want one!

What are your thoughts on Macworld this year? Still not quite as big as last years iPhone announcemnet but still pretty good!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing, and the only thing I'd buy currently, is the Time Capsule, which is a Airport WiFi base station and an external hard drive in one. So you can do wireless backups to the drive. It can also work as a networked drive, so you store all your media on the drive and stream it.

The MB Air is cool, but not $1800 cool. It just seems a little to niche to be really useful, I can only see it catering to a very specific segment of the notebook market.

They're still getting all my money in a few weeks when I have enough to order the eight core Pro.

Time capsule would be the only thing I would consider buying since I'm in the market for buying a "N" router and I have several macs in the house. Well I have to finish building my "hackintosh" first before I move on to the next project.

My roommate got excited about the itunes rentals because he always renting moving and is too lazy to leave the house or mail back discs! The only problem is our slow internet... our neighborhood is STILL only getting 1.5mbit downloads when everyone else is rocking 3-6! This is supposed to be the good neighborhood too! Condos in the $400K+ and slow cheap internet... a mess!

Terry

While the Macbook Air would be awesome to have (bragging rights anyone?) I'll stick with my iMac, seeing as I don't have $1800 to spare. The new Time Capsule base station thingy might be worth it seeing as I was planning on buying an external hard drive soon anyway. Wireless would be a nice feature.

I'm still trying to figure out how movie rentals will work on iTunes, seems like hackers paradise to me. But I guess it cant be any worse then other DVD rental methods.

$1800? Looks like I'm gonna have to hit up a bank before I go to school tomorrow. Btw there wasn't a "... One More thing" this time. And $20 for iPod touch updates that the iPhone already has for free? Not cool.

I think the Macbook Air is cool, but would never buy one, they made too many compromises to make it thin, The whole point of Laptops is to a a convenient all in one computer, having to rely on other optical drives no longer makes the system an all in one. It would be nice just to use to take notes on in class, but I would be afraid of it snapping in two in my bag.

This apple announcement has me more excited than anything at Mac World. Even though it is probably a couple years down the line the idea of a keyboard able to change its keys depending on the program is really interesting, and might finally help me remember all the keyboard shortcuts in Final Cut Pro. Other companies are making boards like this already but they cost about $1500 and are getting mixed reviews. I'll be waiting for apple's version which will probably be cheaper and have most of the kinks worked out.

Other companies are making boards like this already but they cost about $1500 and are getting mixed reviews. I'll be waiting for apple's version which will probably be cheaper and have most of the kinks worked out.

Somehow I can't see Apple's version being much cheaper...Yes mass production will be able to drop the cost more than what Art Lebedev's been able to do, but it is Apple we're talking about.

'Course I do hope the price comes down, I'd kill for one of those keyboards.

At any rate the only thing I'm interested in is the Time Capsule. My current router (linksys) apparently can't handle N with my Macbook Pro, and having a terabyte of NAS isn't so bad.

I was rather surprised by a lack of "one more thing."