TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Mini Trips - 2008

I plan on meeting up at Wonderland, and am fully aware that since I'm not on the official trip, I won't get to enjoy any of the perks that may (or may not) occur. I want to go simply because I know that there will be a few people there that I hung out with last year, so this is a perfect opportunity to see them again.

And that's totally cool. It works when you know people who are on the trip and you want to get together with them. We've really noticed that it doesn't work so much when you come in cold turkey, don't know anyone, and try to find a group.

I know that probably sounds horrible like the TPR trips are nothing but a bunch of closed minded cliques, but it's not really the case. It's just that after you've spent a few days with people, you end up with a group that just "gels."

I've seen this on ALL of our trips so far.

And honestly, if you DO come cold turkey for a day, you WILL end up finding people to hang out with. I just don't want to give people the wrong impression, that's all.

I'm sure Jer kind of knows what I'm talking about. We really wanted to hang out with them more at Kennywood last year, but with the meetings we had with the park reps, the photo walk back, etc, it just wasn't possible. But they knew people who were already going to be there that day, so they had a group already to hang out with and it worked! (hopefully we'll get more time this year to hang out with you guys!)

--Robb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...not that i saw, there was this:

$995 will include five nights of accommodations Saturday night thru Wednesday night, all ground transportation, admission to NINE parks, perks, two meals per day, etc.

I was just wondering if the perks in the mini trip were the same as the big trips (t-shirts, dvds, etc.)

...not that i saw, there was this:
$995 will include five nights of accommodations Saturday night thru Wednesday night, all ground transportation, admission to NINE parks, perks, two meals per day, etc.

I was just wondering if the perks in the mini trip were the same as the big trips (t-shirts, dvds, etc.)

Oops... I'm sorry... I miss read your first post. I thought it said "what PARKS" not perks.

Have you ever done 3 parks in a day before, even if they are small. Sounds hectic, have you got an attack plan. Does it go along the line of turn up, credit whore and go?

Not that I mind or anything (i don't think I would ever get to these parks without such a scheme) but after few weeks the mind finally boggled!

3 parks in a day on the UK Trip 2006

Robb and Elissa managed the group at 3 parks in the UK. Although Yarmouth and Joyland were in close proximity most of the group walked the 20 minutes between the parks, which will be similar to a 30 minutes bus ride between Lakemont and DelGrosso's.

Having been to the 3 parks as part of the UK Trip and comparing them to these 3 US parks I would say you will spend the same amount of time on the bus in the US as we did in the UK. There are an equal number of must see and do attractions at the 3 US parks as the UK parks. You will probably want to hustle around Lakemont and Idlewild if you want to do everything, but you can rest on the bus between parks.

Have you ever done 3 parks in a day before, even if they are small. Sounds hectic, have you got an attack plan. Does it go along the line of turn up, credit whore and go?

Not that I mind or anything (i don't think I would ever get to these parks without such a scheme) but after few weeks the mind finally boggled!

It'll work out well. You'll have plenty of time in every park to do everything you want multiple times. At least that's how it was on the Midwest trip.

Hey everyone! For those of you looking for a "cheaper, shorter" TPR trip, this might be the one for you!

We have just posted the official flyer for this trip. Download it here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/events/behemoth_ravineflyer_trip.pdf

Here are the trip details:

Theme Park Review Invites you to our Behemoth/Ravine Flyer Trip!

August 2nd – August 7th, 2008

TPR’s 2008 “Behemoth/Ravine Flyer” trip includes:

• All Ground Transportation via “luxury” coach

• 5 Nights of Lodging from Saturday Night 8/2/08 through Thursday morning 8/7/08

• All Theme Park Admissions - At least 9 Parks! (See below for schedule)

• Two meals per day plus snacks & drinks.

• Group Photo

• Exclusive Ride Time, Walk Backs, Photo Ops, Q&A’s

• Access to Exclusive Message board on TPR to discuss trip specifics and questions that may arise.

You will ride OVER 40 ROLLER COASTERS on this trip!

Including the brand new Behemoth (B&M Hyper) and Ravine Flyer II (Gravity Group Woodie)

Total Cost - $995 Per Person*

The total cost of the trip includes everything listed above. If you were looking for a shorter, cheaper trip that still gives you the TPR tour experience, this is the trip for you!

Parks Included:

Canada’s Wonderland, Waldameer, Darien Lake, Martin’s Fantasy Island, Marineland, Idlewild, DelGrosso’s, Lakemont Park, Seabreeze.

To register for this trip, please complete the form on the flyer and mail it to Theme Park Review. You may also register online at TPR’s Store along with your initial deposit (link is below)

$100 Initial Deposit – To secure a spot on this tour, your initial deposit is due NOW!

$895 Final Deposit – Due on May 1st, 2008

You may make your initial deposit online via Theme Park Review’s store:

www.themeparkreview.com/store

Questions? Email: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

*Total cost amount is based on double occupancy. If you are attending the trip on your own, you will be paired with another trip participant. If you wish to room on your own, please inquire about the additional single supplement.

I know it said all payments due by May 2008, but is there any way that these payments (exlcuding the $100 pre deposit) could be made in installments? I know it would take longer for you to receive the cash, however, for those who are not well off it would be a great way to still pay for the trip - potentially more people could join on these trips.

We always offer people the ability to pay a little bit at a time, as long as they make the deadlines.

Most people just email me privately off the board to work out payment schedules.

Robb and I are very helpful and lenient.

Hi all,

Excuse me if I'm being a bit dumb here, but after viewing all the trip info I couldn't seem to see where this trip will originate and end at (ie which airport would I need to land at and fly back from?)

I'd love to try and do at least one coaster trip this year, and assuming there are some good ERT sessions this trip looks very appealing, although for an "out of towner" like me I guess August is peak season too sadly.

Martin (UK)

PS Airfares are normally higher during the main Summer months for us too unfortunately, unless with the current credit meltdown they'll be loads of offers!