TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great America Renames Top Gun

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK FLIGHT DECK

Wow this could end up like Mind Eraser at the Six Flags parks. It very well could become the most overused name by Cedar Fair although this is not likely. Quite disappointing.

Except Mind Eraser is a better name. Plus it describes the rides that have that name (SLC's and/or Boomerangs)

rolling d6....a3. They do not blow up, but skate very close to automatic implosion.

On the bright side, however, if you check some of the Cedar Fair parks "Media Room" sections on their websites, they haven't changed their promo photos as of last night, so things like Tomb Raider Firefall and Italian Job Turbo Coaster pics and logos are still there. It varies from park site to park site.

I went to KI, CW, KD, and a couple other northeast parks. Worth a look before the Back Lot Stunt Coaster signs start popping up.

I don't get how people are saying "OMG this is gonna be a cloned name". Uhhh...Wasn't there already 4 top gun coasters already sharing the same name so why is this any different...or even a shock that all are gonna be called flight deck??

:omg: I don't get how people are saying "OMG this is gonna be a cloned name". Uhhh...Wasn't there already 4 top gun coasters already sharing the same name so why is this any different...or even a shock that all are gonna be called flight deck??

I agree, but at the end of the day its still the same ride and I'm going to have just as much fun on it as I did before Especially with the new extended summer hours. Flight Deck till 10pm!!!! I cant wait to ride this in the dark!

Flight Deck totally sucks, but ta least they didn't add another Thunderhawk.

Good point above though, who cares what it called as long as it's a good coaster. If they changed Superman Ride Of Steel to the Eat S#@% and Die Coaster it's still be my fave coaster. But still, the Cedar Fair coaster namers are total tards.

I think it's safe to say nobody is ready to check into Bellvue over the name changes. It just that for some folks, a coaster with a crappy name is like a car with a crappy paint job. Sure, it rides great and you love the experience, but the lack of polish takes a little away. These coaster names just need a bit more polishing to live up to the fun ride they're attached to. That's all.

It's just a disappointment. Noone is sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches over this.

Flight Deck sounds a little too passive, obviously they a trying to have something that fits with the flight/Top Gun theme but please, the name is so blah.

Maybe we should all have a go at naming it with similiar constraints and see if we can do better.