TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney bans Children at WDW Restaraunt

On the one hand I can understand that they want to ban children from these kind of restaurant but on the other hand, it is Disney, the happiest place on earth. Even if only a few children per year are taken to that restaurant and thus the ban will not have a big impact, I have mixed feelings about it.

Okay, I thought of a situation where this rule would help avoid problems. Maybe it's a stretch, but...

What if someone were to plan and save for months for that one special visit; perhaps a marriage proposal dinner, only to have it ruined by some snotnosed kid who shouldn't be there in the first place? It may be one of those coincidental "few children per year," but that sure would suck, you know?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Maybe it would make that proposed couple decided against mating, thus helping control population.

Keep the kids

Honestly, I don't really like the policy. People of all ages can make a trip to the restaurant annoying and "ruin" the meal, whether its a 10 year old who wants to tell everyone about how he met Mickey that day, to someone over the age of 21 whom can legally enjoy alcohol a bit too much...

People complain about kids. Some complain about old people, or teenagers, or homosexuals, or minorities, or the disabled... whatever! If you want a really quiet meal, stay at home.

BUT.. at the same time, I also respect Disney's decision since I do believe in the rights of a proprietor. heh

^Yes, older patrons can be obnoxious, too. But someone who is going to a $120-a-plate restaurant, where he will be forced to wear his Sunday-go-to-meetin' suit, isn't too likely to get drunk and be obnoxious.

I wonder how many people bring dress clothes on vacation to Disney World anyway?

I did, for my meal at California Grille. These restaurants are destination restaurants, not just Disney restaurants. The table on my left was 3 business men that hadn't been to the parks at all, but were at the place just because of the food.

^Yes, older patrons can be obnoxious, too. But someone who is going to a $120-a-plate restaurant, where he will be forced to wear his Sunday-go-to-meetin' suit, isn't too likely to get drunk and be obnoxious.

Not to mention how much are the drinks if the food is so expensive...

I like this rule and think every themepark should have one "No Kids Allowed" dining experience. Maybe even a place that serves decent food, not fried this and that on a bun.

-James Dillaman

I think this is an extremely great idea. This restaurant will allow people to have a nice dinner without constant babies crying or anything that detracts from the experience. Plus, who the heck is going to spend $125 on a meal for a kid who...

1. Won't fully appreciate the food, and probably won't like it

2. Won't remember the dinner after a few days

^ Maybe it would make that proposed couple decided against mating, thus helping control population.

Keep the kids

Honestly, I don't really like the policy. People of all ages can make a trip to the restaurant annoying and "ruin" the meal, whether its a 10 year old who wants to tell everyone about how he met Mickey that day, to someone over the age of 21 whom can legally enjoy alcohol a bit too much...

People complain about kids. Some complain about old people, or teenagers, or homosexuals, or minorities, or the disabled... whatever! If you want a really quiet meal, stay at home.

BUT.. at the same time, I also respect Disney's decision since I do believe in the rights of a proprietor. heh

As someone who just spent 5 days on the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, I can assure you that unruly kids in the nicer restaurants are a serious problem there. We did 4 signature dinners and had problems at nearly every one of them. The attitude seems to be the following:

The table next to you spending $300-$400 on dinner? F' em. It's Disney World!#!@#!@# Babies are supposed to scream at the top of their lungs for the entire meal here. And kids are supposed to stand on their chairs and throw stuff around the room. As long as mom and dad are having fun chugging 5 bottles of wine, to hell with the rest of the room.

Now granted the root of the problem is the jerk parents who turn their kids loose at Jiko, Artist's Point, etc. But getting rid of the kids solves the problem in a roundabout way.

I can understand from Disney's point of view. I mean, I went to Florida when I was 5, 7 and 9 years old with a group of 16 people. 5 of which were children aged between 3 and 14 years old and when we were in restraunts someone would always spill a drink or start a fight or cry or run about or be extremely hyper etc etc. I look back now and realise how stressful this must of been for my Dad and the rest of my family who were trying to keep there kids quiet, but it's very hard since we were all excited about being on holiday at DISNEYWORLD! The last place for us to have went would have been an expensive restraunt.