TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst New Addition for 2007

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Deja Vu is a really fun ride. I'm sad that Georgia is losing theirs, it was one of the more thrilling rides in the park. Sure it wasn't as good as Goliath or as smooth as the park's other B&M's, but the vertical spikes sure were fun.

eja Vu goes from a good ride to an amazing one when the person you are riding next to has a distinct fear of heights

I don't understand why they added wiggles world at six flags to begin with. It's a show that'll be come and gone in a couple years, and they'll have to retheme AGAIN. I mean, one of the original wiggles left the group already, so I can't see it lasting. A lot of theme parks make this mistake of adding a ride themed around whatever is IN THE NOW.

1000+ Cedar Fair trashcans at the former Paramount Parks.

I second that vote.

Deja vu at Funtown USA hmm well might work well since it would run about 1/3 the times it runs with the lines it has now. Cost of the ride is the yea right.

I don't understand why they added wiggles world at six flags to begin with. It's a show that'll be come and gone in a couple years, and they'll have to retheme AGAIN. I mean, one of the original wiggles left the group already, so I can't see it lasting. A lot of theme parks make this mistake of adding a ride themed around whatever is IN THE NOW.

Well, looks like Six Flags is about to make the same mistake again in regards to the Dark Knight coaster, in which the theming will likely heavily rely on the movie. So in a couple years at the max the theme is just going to look odd since I don't see TDK remaining a popular movie for more than 2008.

But yes, I agree Wiggles World is dumb. They've got like five years tops and then they'll have to completely retheme it because little kids are going to have no idea who the heck the Wiggles are. I actually didn't even know of their existence before SF made an area themed around them.

Well, looks like Six Flags is about to make the same mistake again in regards to the Dark Knight coaster, in which the theming will likely heavily rely on the movie. So in a couple years at the max the theme is just going to look odd since I don't see TDK remaining a popular movie for more than 2008.

I don't see how basing a ride on a character that has been popular since 1939 can be a bad move. Maybe that's just me though.

I don't see the branding as being "Dark Knight" as much as I see it being Batman related. Regardless of how well or how bad "Dark Knight" does as a movie, the Batman franchase is tried and true and will be around for many, many years.

Quit your bitching. Would you rather the ride have been called "Flight Deck?"

--Robb

When is the last time Mickey Mouse starred in anything? Talk about dated!

The only problem I have regarding Batman is that SF does not do more with the DC Comics licensing. Of all the SF parks I've been to it is the former SF park, Parque Warner in Madrid that at least had the rides involing DC cahracters in the same area and had a little variety in the rides and characters used, even including Lex Luthor.

Worst new addition for 2007? I can't really say, from the parks I have visited, they all received solid and fitting additions.

Holiday World- Bakuli was a great toilet bowl slide adding to the success of the water park.

Little A-merrick-A- A nice, classic family wooden coaster that suits the small park well.

Mount O- Apollo's Swing (FUN S&S Screamin' Swing ride) was well worth the $10 upcharge and Poseidon's Rage may be the most insane wave pool I've ever been in.

SFGAm- Wiggles World looked like fun for the family and it looked like the kids enjoyed it. Although I don't get the fanboy comments about "It ruins American Eagle's atmosphere."

Cedar Point- Originally supposed to be "Kinzel's last bang," Maverick was a solid and fun ride experience, adding yet another hit to Cedar Point's array of rides.

Kings Island- Firehawk was a popular ride at the park and fits Kings Island's selection well.

I don't see the branding as being "Dark Knight" as much as I see it being Batman related. Regardless of how well or how bad "Dark Knight" does as a movie, the Batman franchise is tried and true and will be around for many, many years.

Quit your bitching. Would you rather the ride have been called "Flight Deck?"

--Robb

I agree. The Batman franchise will definitely be around for a LONG time.

I actually like the idea of the Dark Night coasters. They may end up being really cool if SF can theme them well.

But yes, I agree Wiggles World is dumb. They've got like five years tops and then they'll have to completely retheme it because little kids are going to have no idea who the heck the Wiggles are. I actually didn't even know of their existence before SF made an area themed around them.

BTR opened in 1992 themed to Batman Returns and still the second most ridden ride in the park every season behind Raging Bull, and people still really like the theming. Also this movie has a cult following in Chicago since it was filmed there. It will be fine.

I dont think SF has a problem with re-theming a kids area if they have to, Wiggles was a big draw and if it can be for a couple more years will be well worth the investment even if it has to be rethemed. Regardless of what you think of Wiggles, the area is much nicer than it was when it was a beer shack and queue under a tent.

In regards to "they could have re-themed Bugs Bunny National Park" when corporate told the park they were getting Wiggles World, it was supposed to be re-theme of Camp Cartoon Network but park management wanted to use the tent space for something and it seemed to be a good fit.