TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kid Tries to Get Cap Out of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say take the losers out of society that bring nothing to the table, and give them all free tickets for an exotic island with free airfare “one way”

Airfare to tropical islands is expensive. Let's give them all Kings Island season passes instead.

It probably instantly e-stopped long before that idiot got within 20 feet of the track. The Hollywood version has obvious intrusion beams all over the place right next to the other parts of the boat path. Sadly that kind of stuff is legitimately required nowadays.

I wouldn't be surprised or sad to hear the same fool got flattened by a truck crossing a street shortly after.

The stories that I could tell about excuses and lines that we have been fed and the sob stories about lost $400 Prada Sunglasses on the Mummy and why they were not found at all or found in many pieces would turn curly hair straight.
I remember some person claiming they lost critical perscription glasses into a crack inside a ride vehicle. We pull vehicle, disassemble it immediately and hey, look at those $4 Target sunglasses.

I would like to rephrase. We really need an Common Sense test and for those that fall below the threshold, executions will commence at noon.

Only problem with that idea would be, well…

Common sense. Ok everyone lacks it at times, but man a test on it would endanger the majority of the human species. Heck most would fail it before the first question…(Granted easy way to weed out)

Survival of the fittest minds, baby!

Some people are just soooo idiotic...

I blame the parents, so easily could've turned around and gone 'Don't worry, we'll buy you a new one', and have it at that...

Alternatively done the whole tell and ride op, who in turn tells them to go to guest services and then at the end, searches for it and if it turns up it turns up...

Last year we've had shoes and wallets lost on Vampire, and hats and rings lost on Bubbleworks... Because people don't wear trainers, no zip up pockets, and think they're easy to retrieve when the stuff has fallen into the water channel...

And of course it's ALWAYS the ops/attendants fault when sommat wrong happens...

People are idiots...

^You would hope his parents would say that, although it depends if he was with adults at the time.

All I can say is what an idiot. It would've been nice to see how long it was before the next boat came down, and whether or not he was spotted and the ride stopped.

Did this make any news reports anywhere at the time?

It is amazing the number of times something like this does happen. Any amusement park will have a number of insane stories like this - you can't predict what the GP will do. At the park I worked at, we've seen hats being collected from the middle of rollercoaster ride areas, people getting out of ghost train cars in the middle of the ride, somebody entering a pirate ship ride area while it was moving to retrieve something their kid had thrown.

Don't get me started with height restrictions and the amount of abuse we have to suffer because of it.

'Sir, it won't be safe for your child to ride as they are too small to ride'

'Oh go on, he's only just below' (Actually - try two inches) 'and I'll hold him anyway'

'Sorry sir, due to Health and Safety we can't let him ride'

'Your a f....in jobsworth you are, look my son's crying, do you enjoy making kids upset. Your a f.....in prick you are!'

It took me some restraint not to say 'Enjoy the rest of your day sir'

It is amazing the number of times something like this does happen. Any amusement park will have a number of insane stories like this - you can't predict what the GP will do. At the park I worked at, we've seen hats being collected from the middle of rollercoaster ride areas, people getting out of ghost train cars in the middle of the ride, somebody entering a pirate ship ride area while it was moving to retrieve something their kid had thrown.

Don't get me started with height restrictions and the amount of abuse we have to suffer because of it.

'Sir, it won't be safe for your child to ride as they are too small to ride'

'Oh go on, he's only just below' (Actually - try two inches) 'and I'll hold him anyway'

'Sorry sir, due to Health and Safety we can't let him ride'

'Your a f....in jobsworth you are, look my son's crying, do you enjoy making kids upset. Your a f.....in prick you are!'

It took me some restraint not to say 'Enjoy the rest of your day sir'

I remember I was in line to ride the Kraken and there were so many kids not meeting the height requirement were being turned away... children were just crying everywhere!

One lady decided to get into it with the staff (cursing) about height restriction and I jumped in (never a good thing since I'm usually rude to idiots). I told her there was one part of the ride where I felt I was coming out of the seat and I'm well over the minimum height... so imagine what would happen to a child that didn't meet it. If her child got ejected from the coaster because she managed to get the child on just because she complained, she would be quick to sue claiming they should have done better to protect her child.

Then I told her to stop being such a stupid a$$ b$tch and get her crying brat out of line; she's holding up the works! The staff did their best to hold in the laughter but it didn't really work.

Terry

What a fucking moron. I can only imagine the lawsuits if he had been hit by one of the boats.

"We really need an IQ test before people can mate"

I would like to rephrase. We really need an Common Sense test and for those that fall below the threshold, executions will commence at noon.

Agreed!!

And if the kid got hit by a boat, you know the media head line would be "How Safe Are You At A Theme Park?"

Lmfao!

^Yea! If he had gotten hit we would have seen it all over the news about how parks arent safe anymore, and that parents would probably sue the park for a lot of money. Unfortunately this is what happens when there are idiots in the world, they ruin it for the rest of us because if he had been hit the parents Im willing to bet would have tried to get Jurassic Park closed for killing their innocent little boy.

I have no sympathy for idiots like this, and if they are going to do something stupid like this, then they deserve to get hit by the boats.

^ Well obviously he had to get his incredibly special hat! he paid an extra 5 dollars for that brand you know! you dissapoint me, you should have known that.

But in all honesty, my dad had a similar experience, except for being an idiot about it. We were getting off the boat ride in Mexico at Epcot and his glasses slipped off his head, if he were as smart as this kid he would have reached into the water, and through the convery belt system, which could have easily injured his arm, nut he used something called common sense, which this kid obviously lacks, and got it when the park closed for the night.