TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top ten movies of 2007

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw most of the 2007 movies I wanted to see.

On my to watch list (not prioritized, just random):

Wild Hogs

300 (saw a part of it)

ATHF: Movie Film for Theaters

Knocked Up

I Now Pronounce You, Chuck and Larry

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

National Treasure 2

Juno (Hey, its written by a TPR member and stars Superbad's Michael Cera)

From worst to best:

12. Balls of Fury - the worst "stupid comedy" ever made. I'm surprised Carlos Mencia and Dane Cook wasn't in this vortex of suck that included George Lopez and a few Reno 911! cast members.

11. Beowulf - It felt a little laggy, the 3D wasn't amazing, and it felt like the studio tried to make it a little bit like 300 with some of the action sequences. I dozed off near the end.

10. Evan Almighty - While I looked forward to this film, it fell a little short of expectation and not as enjoyable or charming as the previous chapter, Bruce Almighty.

9. I Am Legend - This movie was just WTF all over the place. I'm not going to explain...

8. Harry Potter 5 - A decent Harry Potter flick, but not much else to say.

7. Spiderman 3 - What could have been a good film had to fall down just because of a stupid black suit and Peter Parker acting like an arrogant prick for 20 minutes.

6. Ratatouille - Pixar hits another good movie out of the park. Patton Oswalt did a great job playing Remy and Brad Bird makes another animated movie that will eventually be a classic.

5. The Simpsons Movie - The Simpsons did a great small screen to big screen transition that felt like a good episode from the early 90's. Here's to you Spider Pig.

4. Transformers - A great summer/popcorn flick. Michael Bay did a decent job with the Transformers license. I don't know why I like his films, other than that they are mindless special effect action movies. The only other thing wrong with the movie? Too much on the humans, not enough giant robots fighting.

3. Live Free or Die Hard - Bruce Willis still has the oomph to deliver a stellar performance and made another great summer/popcorn flick. Some of the best action sequences I have seen.

2. Pirates 3 - Another stellar film that will keep you entertained for hours with a great, epic final battle. The trilogy ends with a bang.

1. Superbad - A good stupid comedy film I think a lot of teenagers can relate to through 3 nerdy high school seniors who want to go out with a bang. Just a great, slap happy, comedy that will keep a smile on your face.

Dreamgirls (i saw it in theaters in 07 so i'm counting it)

Juno

Hairspray

Across the Universe

Well, apparently my memory doesn't go back past Hairspray, but there you have it.

Its a bit musical, haha, and i bet Sweeny Todd would end up on that list if any of my friends actually wanted to see it. Grrr.

< Not sitting in a theater alone.

What didn't I see...

I worked at Cineplex Entertainment most of 07 (a.k.a. The Year of 3)

So... Top 5 Worst:

1: Spider-Man 3: Seriously, what a horrid movie. This is one movie I would be completely honest and say "It sucks". The whole scene where he is basically emo was hilarious, which isn't the message you want to convey in Spiderman. Then when he walked down the street checking out women, oh god.

2: Fred Claus: Sat in the back and basically texted the entire time. Nothing really funny about it.

3: Good Luck Chuck: Raunchy comedy with good jokes, but NO plot.

4: The Darjeeling Limited: I'm probably going to get raked for this, but it was confusing. It looked funny, but I didn't get it.

5: Vacancy: WTF?!?!?! That ending... seriously the lamest thing ever. SPOILER: If I remember it correctly Luke Wilson's character got shot and then the NEXT DAY, is magically alive. Also the hotel manager basically hands her the gun, he throws her onto it.

Best Movies of 07:

1: Hairspray: I saw this so many times, and know all the songs. It's my new obsession.

2: Superbad: This was a very good comedy. Laughs all around.

3: Knocked Up: Same reason as above.

4: The Simpsons Movie: Well worth the wait, and you could come back a 2nd time and still find new things.

5: Pirates 3: While a good end to the series, it was confusing and too long.

6: Sicko: I have to add a 6 because this was so amazing. I saw it with a bunch of co-workers after our shift waiting for our screening that night and... we laughed, we cried, were shocked at what we learned. I'm surprised half of America isn't in the hospital.

I can't even remember all the movies I saw this year. I think it was around 30, but here are some of my favorites off the top of my head.

Live Free or Die Hard

Transformers

Pirates 3

National Treasure 2

I am Legend

30 Days of Night

The Mist

...of course there are many others I would like to see, but I'll wait till they come to pay per view or HBO.

I go to the movies at least once a week, so I have seen TONS of movies this year. Here are some of my favs...

Across the Universe

Sweeney Todd

Transformers

Waitress

The Kite Runner

Lars and the Real Girl

Joshua

There were some others that I liked, but I wouldnt consider them favorites...

Sunshine

Fracture

3:10 to Yuma

No Country for Old Men

Rendition

Disturbia

The Darjeeling Limited

Oh and I actually prefer going to the movies alone. Less distraction! And I cant stand when people text in the theatres...they should reserve the back row for all those people so the light doesnt shine directly in my eyeball.

Some of my Favourites for this year (Didn't go to the cinema much at all):

Into the wild

Oceans 13

The Simpsons Movie

The Homesong Stories (Australian Film, stars a guy that goes to my school)

Others:

Transformers (It was ok i guess, but i didn't like it that much)

Harry Potter (Again, it was ok, but nothing really special)

Happy feet (Really Over-Hyped, a little bit cute though)

Happy feet (Really Over-Hyped, a little bit cute though)

Happy feet was in 2006.

Best:

1. Harry Potter 5. I'm a HP freak, so it's my favorite of 2007.

2. Pirates 3. I thought it was a great way to end the series. A bit wierd, but still good.

3. Ratatouille. This is one of the best Pixar films yet! I thought it was brilliant, and had a great story.

Worst:

1. Shrek 3. This movie was such a disappointment. It could have been funny, but the jokes were just lame. I liked the other two Shreks, but this one sucked, in my opinion.

Meh:

1. Simpsons. It did have its funny moments, but otherwise it wasn't as spectacular as I expected it to be.

2. Spiderman 3. It was okay, but when Evil Spidey came in it got really strange.

3. Enchanted. I thought it was pretty good, but otherwise it's a Disney predictable fairy tale. It did have good musical numbers though.

That's pretty much it. I don't think I saw anything else.

• 2 weeks later...