• USA - "The South"
    • United Kingdom
    • Europe - Germany
    • Europe - Netherlands
    • Europe - France
    • Europe - Other Mainland Country
    • Canada
    • Australia
    • Somewhere efluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and gooe in the world (post where)

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local park used to be Six Flags Astroworld before it met it's demise, at least I had a chance to attend the park on it's last day.

Since I now live in San Antonio, my local park is Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I'm about 3 miles from the front gate!

In Australia theres not many theme parks apart from queensland:(..but i'm in Melbourne so we do have Luna Park which is about a Half an hour drive from me,its a small park but a lot of fun.At least we do have the oldest coaster still operating in the world!

I have 2 local parks near to me which are on the coast.

1. Pleasurewood Hills (Lowestoft, UK). For some time it has only had 2 coasters. A Zierer junior steel called "The Rattlesnake", and a rare Schwarzkopf Jumbo Jet called "Enigma". It's finally getting a new coaster this year........a Vekoma Boomerang called "Wipeout". I can't wait to ride that smooth Vekoma goodness!!!!

2. Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach. It's home to a rare wooden scenic railway coaster called "The Rollercoaster".

Have fun!

Carl

(distinct riders)

• 11 months later...

Just noticed this thread! Can't believe it.

Anyways, I have a few home parks. I'm a season pass holder for Walibi Belgium, but I go to Europa Park very often, and Holiday Park is the closes.

But yeah, Walibi and Europa. Those are my home parks. Both around two and a half hours away.

--James

I live just outside of Boston in Lexington, and my two home parks are Canobie Lake Park and Six Flags New England. Canobie is closer by about an hour, but it isn't in my state, which is why I also included SFNE.

I live in Burlingame,CA & my home park is booring ol CGA in Santa Clara. Its the worst. Too bad SFMM, & Disneyland are 7-8 hours away by car or less than an hour by plane. It sucks so bad CGA is my home park. I am soooo jealous of Robb & Elisa. Wish I could look at SFMM every day!!! They are soooo lucky. I so wish SFMM were my home park!

My home park is Playland at the PNE, home of the classic "Coaster". If traffic isn't too bad, I live about 15-25 minutes away. Remlinger Farms is the second closest, then Wild Waves, then Puyallup Fair, and finally Fun Forest Amusement Park.

I would guess that "The South" is quoted for two reasons:

1. People commonly refer to the included states as "The South," more so than other regions in the country, and they take particular pride in being from "The South." You never hear somebody say they are from "The East," "The West," or "The North."

2. "The South" is a historical, yet ambiguous term. "The South" is more of a historical reference than it is an accurate regional representation. It's a term that originated in the late 1700's and early 1800's, back when states like Alabama and Mississippi were still territories. So where do where do we cut off "The South" to the west? Arguably, it's either Mississippi or Arkansas and Louisiana... or maybe Texas? But why isn't southern California or Arizona considered "South"? They are just as geographically Southern as Tennessee or Virginia. And if they are "Western", why isn't Georgia "Eastern"? This historic value and ambiguity that probably gives it quotes.

I live in philadelphia, pa so I'm centrally located to 3 big parks and quite a few small ones.

My 'home' park this year is Six flags great adventure since it is the closets and easiest to get to. This is actually my first year as a season passholder.

I'm also about equal distance away from dorney park but I haven't been there in almost 8 years I think.

About a 3 hour drive from hershey park that I try to visit every year, thanks to big oil though I may not make it this year.