• USA - "The South"
    • United Kingdom
    • Europe - Germany
    • Europe - Netherlands
    • Europe - France
    • Europe - Other Mainland Country
    • Canada
    • Australia
    • Somewhere efluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and gooe in the world (post where)

I guess my homepark is Dorney Park, at around 30 minutes. I've also got Dutch Wonderland about 30 minutes away too though (in the other direction). No sense in going there though.

Also nearby:

Knoebels, Great Adventure, Hersheypark- 1:30

Its not the 5 minute drive to IOA that it used to be, but its good to be home.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My homepark is the most beautiful "the what you call RCT garden" park of the world, De Efteling 8). About 1 hour by car and 2 hours by train and bus. Although the themepark Toverland is a lot closer to me (about 30 km), I don't want to call it a homepark

BTW, I also can get to Moviepark Germany (WB Movieworld before), Phantasialand and Bobbejaanland within 1 hour traveling by car

I may be going to the UK on business, so I'll have to try to hit a park or two while I'm there! Any ideas on parks between London and Chippenham (where my company's UK office is)?

There are three parks to visit that is in between Chippenham & London you might wish to look at.

Thorpe Park is only about 1hour 40mins by car from Chippenham.

And can go via the railways as well, Train to Reading change for a London Waterloo train to Staines were there is a bus link to the park from the station entrance.

&

Chessington isonly about 1hour 40mins as well by car from Chippenham.

And can go via the railways as well, Train to London Paddington underground to London Waterloo for a train to Chessington South were it is about 10min walk to the park from the station.

&

Oakwoodis only about 1hour 40mins as well by car from Chippenham.

You can not go via the railways very easily. Nearest station is Whitland and then a taxi ride to the park. But the service is not that good down that part of the world.

This might be worth a look Brean Leisure Park. .

Nick "Hope this helps" Collins

I'm from Bloomington, IN. My home park is Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, which is a solid 2 hours away. Holiday World is a little closer (about 1.5 hours away), but I actually don't go there too often. Paramount's Kings Island is also about 2.5 hours away.

Edited by Scaparri

There are three parks to visit that is in between Chippenham & London you might wish to look at.

Thorpe Park

&

Chessington

&

Oakwood

This might be worth a look Brean Leisure Park. .

Nick "Hope this helps" Collins

Thanks, that helps a lot! Our office used to be in Slough, whcih I thought was fairly close to Thorpe Park (and Legoland). I'm gogin top get some maps and do some more research. If I can fanagle a couple of extra days, I'd like to head to AT (not sure how far away that would be, but I would most likely have a rental car anyway).

I do have to admit that I'm in a very good location for parks. Cedar Point can be done in a day, although that drive home at 3 in the morning does kind of suck. Although, I wish I was a little closer to SFNE. PKI isn't that far either. SFDL can be done in a day, along with SFKK and Holiday World isn't that far either.

Middle of a lot, close to nothing

Bonfante - 1 hour 45 min

SCBB or PGA 2 hours 15 min

SFMM or SFMW 3 hours 15 min

KBF or DLR 4 hours 15 min

I have been to DLR more then any other park so I would claim it as my home park

Plattsburgh, NY. A little tiny town that's about as far as you can get from NYC and still be in the state. I suppose Great Escape is my home park :? La Ronde in Montreal is closer, but it's such a hassle to get to.

When I used to live in Santa Cruz my home park was the Boardwalk. I was so close I could see the Giant Dipper from my balcony.