• USA - "The South"
    • United Kingdom
    • Europe - Germany
    • Europe - Netherlands
    • Europe - France
    • Europe - Other Mainland Country
    • Canada
    • Australia
    • Somewhere efluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and gooe in the world (post where)

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hersheypark. Always was, always will be. Even when I lived in South Carolina, I considered it my home park. It's only a little over 30 minutes from where I'm at now. When we move to Baltimore, I guess geographically, SFA will be. I'll be at Hersheypark more though.

I'm from the Netherlands, and I should probably call Drievliet my home-park since it's a twenty-minute drive away from where I live. On a broader scale, the former Six Flags Holland (renamed this season to Walibi World) is about an hour and a half away and Efteling is about 45 minutes away.

I live in Versailles kentucky and go to school in Bowling Green Kentucky, so at school Beech Bend is about 5 minutes away and the new GCI is gonna be cool. At home in versailles PKI is about an hour and a half with SFKK bout an hour and Holiday World about 2 hours, put PKI is my home park the one i visited the most and enjoy the most.

I live in Ventura County (California), so...

SFMM is 45 minutes away.

Knott's is 1-1/2 hours away.

Disneyland is 1-1/2 hours away.

Legoland is 2-1/2 hours away.

SeaWorld is 3 hours away.

Bonfante Gardens is 5 hours away.

PGA is 6 hours away.

SFMW is 7 hours away.

Eric

Well technically its "DREAMLAND" in Margate, which is just down the road from me, and i notice that the crew here have visited it to go on the Scenic Railway. Apparently , after a few years in limbo and resembling a waste ground, it looks liek it sgoing to beleased out for a few years and redeveloped with about 16 new rides put in, which is all good

Apart from that, Thorpe Park and Chessington are an hour and a half away.

Now that I'm back in Manchester, my nearest parks are:

Gulliver's Warrington, 20 miles (distance) - 20 mins (drive)

Camelot (near Chorley), 30 miles, 30 mins

Pleasureland Southport, 40 miles, 60 mins

Blackpool Pleasure Beach, 50 miles, 50 mins

Alton Towers, 50 miles, 90 mins

Even though Gullivers is closer, I consider Alton Towers more of a home park than the others because I went there so many times when I was at University in Stoke-on-Trent.

• 1 month later...

Well, I live about 15 minutes from Paramount Canada's Wonderland, which is good as my 16 year old son starts working there this year and he is not a full driver yet.

In the Toronto area, we have PCW and then just over an hour away the Marineland park in Niagara Falls (if you need to kill a couple of hours) and Six Flags Darien Lake is over the border another hour.

Growing up, I lived about 2 hours west of Toronto and before there was Canada's Wonderland. We had a place called Boblo Island in the Detroit River south of Detroit (2 hours away) and of course Cedar Point which was another 2 hours past the Motor City.

Home Park:

Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios Florida - about an hour

Other closeby parks:

Sea World Orlando - about 50 mins

Old Town - about 50 mins

Walt Disney World, etc, etc - about an hour

Cypress Gardens - about 1.5+ hours

Busch Gardens Tampa - about 2 hours (depending on traffic)

Dania Beach Hurricane - about 2.5 hours (depending on traffic)

Wild Adventures - about 3.5 hours

Six Flags over Georgia - about 7-8 hours

Well, I live in Northwich, Cheshire, UK which puts me smack in the middle of a lot of parks. Southport Pleasureland is probably my closest at about 50 minutes away. I also have Blackpool Pleasure Beach at just over an hour's drive away, and Alton Towers about the same distance/time in the other direction. Quite a prime location i'd say. I love being here, for that one reason.

When i'm at uni, in Liverpool, I can get a train from the station 5 minutes walk away, straight to Southport in 35 minutes, which is one bonus of coming to uni!