TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Should I Buy RCT3 Platinum  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Buy RCT3 Platinum

• Yes
    • No

As you all know christmas is over and i am stuck with a 40$ gift card to best buy. I am really thinking about getting Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum but im not sure. I have no limits but i dont like the no park limit. I was wondering if you guys could just give me the pro's and con's of RCT 3 Platinum I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, bye.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to nutshell it:

Pluses: Lotsa scenery, and plenty of add-ons for even more scenery. Fun to play, you can ride what you build (coasters, flats, water rides, water slides, animals), and you can render movies and stills. Can also import graphics and make custom signs and stalls.

Some drawbacks: Uses a rigid grid system that can make reproducing rides difficult. The terrain editor has a bit of a learning curve and can be tricky at times. It's a bit on the cartoony side.

If you've played any of the other RCT games, you'll recognize some things, but the 3D engine will takes some getting used to.

Over all, I say go for it. It's a good deal since it comes with Soaked and Wild all on the same disk. Too, there are several creative souls here that make some great projects. Definately check out their work to get a good idea of what can be done. Either that or, search on YouTube.

PRO:

-its cheap

-its fun

-it wont get boring

-there are plenty missions to do

CON:

-need a good graphics card

So I would get it....if you have $40 you are better off buying this then say 2 DVDs or CDs where you will eventually get bored of them. But A game you can play for years and years on and still not get bored of it.

So buy it!

My reason for buying it was to reproduce (well as close as you can given the circumstances) old and gone coasters and rides. So boarderline simulator for me. Here are some immediate examples if you haven't found any others.

My YouTube Page http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Platformz

My TPR-Land thread in this forum http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39763

Bottom line, RCT3 Plat really is worth it. It's more than payed for itself the in close to a year I've had it.

Pros: You can ride your creation (Although, you do have No Limits)

Scenery

Missions are plentiful

A more strategy kind of game then just a sandbox

Sandbox mode available.

Cons:

It can be really annoying if you aren't very good at making scenery, or building roller coasters.

It can get boring.

If you want to finish your mission well, you have to use cheats.

3 stages to each mission.

Not nearly as good as RTC2.

I say get it. I find myself playing it a lot and I've had it since its initial release. Everything about it is fun to me. From interacting to the peeps to managing the park to reach your goals. The only cons I see is there are limits to the angles you can construct everything and also if you don't have a very high end graphics card, it can get very laggy at times.