TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Park "To Do List"

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags Over Georgia

] Add at least one new high capacity flat ride since the removal of deja vu

] Superman and Georgia Cyclone are the only ones that need new paint if i recall correct

] Ease up on the brakes on the GASM

] Add the KumbaK Coasters trains to the Ninja.. they look sick!

] Keep Acrophobia open a lot more thought the year

] Bring back the Looping Starship and relocate it to free falls old area

] Higher capacity trams for parking lot

] And FTW add a Gravity Group, LLC hybrid that uses the terrain and features around the carrousel and the Wheelie down and around the go karts and Deja Vu's area and back.... my crazy thoughts

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

- Install A Mist system (was there in april and it was HOT!)

- Redo Flashpass system ($60 for a $250 device that goes in and out of service depending on where you are in the park!)

- Keep food stands more clean (there where flys everywhere get a fly killer)

- Clean eating areas better.

Other comments.

This was an awesome park even though it was small for a Six Flags

Knott's:

- Reopen big Foot Rapids (the lines on log ride and Parilous plunge are rediculous on hot days!)

-Dont charge for water (I was charged 25 cents for a cup of water. They said they needed to pay for the styraphome cup)

- Figgure out some way to make GhostRider and boomerange smooth (if its at all possable!)

- Run all 3 towers on Surpreme scream when busy. (Mothers day was running 2)

- finsh refurbising the brown car on ghost rider and fix the silver one! (its been really rough for the last year or so.)

- Have the peanuts gang walk around Camp Snoopy more, evey time I walk through I dont remember seeing anyone but snoopy and thats maybe once or twice a month.

Other Comments.

Overall Its running great. If The Pony Express opens smoothly it shouldfit right in. Hope that Big Footrapides reopens by the end of the month.

• 3 weeks later...

Kings Dominion

Bring back HyperSonic

Change Drop Zones name back to Drop Zone

Add a Hyper Coaster

Bring back the old water ride that was in Congo

Six Flags America

Connect Coyote Creek to Gotham in a huge circle

Add new rides

Re-theme everything

Bring back Hurricane Mountain

Bring Back Brutal Planet for Fright Fest

Get new parts to actually build Ultra Twister instead of leaving it on a field behing Batwing

Flamingo Land, UK

Build the wooden coaster they have been thinking about for the past 3 years (make it like Balder)

Get rid of atleast one vekoma and replace in=t with a nice smooth B&B or Intamin.

Put a film on at the 4-D cinema that doesn't suck!

Get a fast pass system that doesn't involve wasting your phone credit/ text's

Build a spinning coaster, they are awsome!

Alton Towers, UK

Stop doing completely stupid marketing stunts like banning PDA's!

Build a woody like they were also going to do!

For all of you who have visited Alabama Adventure recently, tell me what the new owners can do to improve this park that has tons of potential.

Well, I just visited the park for the first time yesterday, and don't really have intentions of going back until they add something significant, so needless to say, I have lots of suggestions.

Policies

-Switch to a receipt-style parking set up that has a date listed, allowing for same day re-entry. I can sort of understand why they use their current policy, but nevertheless, I was fairly annoyed with it while sitting in my car in the parking lot, waiting for storms to pass.

Operations

-My friend stood outside in line for 30 minutes while a severe storm was rolling in, just waiting to turn in a locker key and get his $5 deposit back. The reason he waited this long, is because the park decided to mix the locker returns with guest relations. This was absolutely ridiculous, especially considering that many times, while I was waiting with him, there would be multiple persons standing inside the building, but nobody would be helping the people in line. It was very unprofessional.

-The lack of tubes over at Neptune's Plunge was extremely annoying. There is no reason to have that few of tubes. There were people waiting at the splashdown pool, just hoping somebody would be finished with their tube and give it up. I can't imagine what it must be like on a busy day. There should be a stack of tubes by the entrance.

-Sweep the freaking rocks off the steps and paths of the slide towers!

Rides

-Remove Acapulco Drop! The was the most painful slide I have ever been on. I will never ride it again. I saw one person who had a gash in their back from it.

-Run a real program on Mind Spinder. I kept waiting for it to get going, only to realize that's how slow the park actually runs the ride. It was seriously like an extremely long warm up cycle. There were no forces, and just about everybody in my party was just waiting for it to stop so they could go do something worthwhile.

General

-Just continue to make aesthetic improvements. The baby blue pavement near the Sky Wheel is a bit janky, and there are plenty of areas that could just use a little love, like some landscaping.

-The area/station of Zoomerang could really use some attention. First of all, the ride could really use some grass under it, rather than the dirt/rock/weed combo. The station could really stand to be remodeled as well. I'm not talking about anything extravagant, but even something like what Rampage has would be better. It feels very carny-ish in its current state.

-Do something about that layout. The park has one of the worst layouts I've ever seen. There are far too many dead ends, and windy paths (which often lead to dead ends).

-Rename/theme Hurricane. I know this is small and picky, but it just looks tacky to have a ride themed to a city night and live music, while simultaneously having the name "Hurricane" with a sign that has a picture of a shipwreck. That makes the place feel like a permanent carnival. Just rename it to "Music Express" or something. That's not anymore generic than the current name.

Six Flags America

- All rides open during the full season - This is a rough one, but I think it's Six Flags America ultimate goal in 20 years. lol

Six Flags Great America

- Remove the old tv poles as they aren't in use.

- I love what they did from 2007 to 2008. It's so pretty where Deja Vu, and Splash Water Falls was before. No, improvements there for awhile.

Six Flags Over Georgia

- Put on 2 trains for any ride at the beginning of the day, and don't take trains off and on.

- Get clocks, and put them at the front of the entrances to roller coasters, because Six Flags Over Georgia employees like to make up there own time, and don't realize that ride lines are supposed to close at park closing. The patrons also want to know what time it is. Also at SFGAm, sometimes the same thing happens.

SFMM:

A Bathroom closer to the Viper/X plaza.

Open the Cyclone Bay Grill (Near Deja Vu) as it the onle place in the park that serves hot dogs

Put something under Scream. Grass, paint over the parking stalls, be creative.

Expand Hurricane Harbor. Create some type of 2-fer or joint admission a la Kings Island/Boomerang Bay etc.

Bring back Metro.

A major rollercoaster that IS NOT a Diving Machine

KBF:

Get rid of the hotel. Knott's is not big enough to be a "resort" as they claim they are.

Relocate warehouse/backstage areas to far end of Cresent Ave.

Repaint Either Jaguar or Sierra Sidewinder so that there is not a "cluster of orange steel" in Fiesta Village/Camp Snoopy

Redesign Xcelerators queue so that the front car line splits closer to the station. This way guest know why that line takes longer than cars 2-5. Car 1=4 seats Rest of train=16 seats, no brainer)

B&M Hyper

Disneyland:

Nothing

California Adventure:

B&M Flyer aptly themed "Darkwing Duck" (A stretch, but admit it would be cool)

More tweener rides

Another rollercoaster NOT Intamin or Vekoma.

For all of you who have visited Alabama Adventure recently, tell me what the new owners can do to improve this park that has tons of potential.

Well, I just visited the park for the first time yesterday, and don't really have intentions of going back until they add something significant, so needless to say, I have lots of suggestions.

Policies

-Switch to a receipt-style parking set up that has a date listed, allowing for same day re-entry. I can sort of understand why they use their current policy, but nevertheless, I was fairly annoyed with it while sitting in my car in the parking lot, waiting for storms to pass.

Operations

-My friend stood outside in line for 30 minutes while a severe storm was rolling in, just waiting to turn in a locker key and get his $5 deposit back. The reason he waited this long, is because the park decided to mix the locker returns with guest relations. This was absolutely ridiculous, especially considering that many times, while I was waiting with him, there would be multiple persons standing inside the building, but nobody would be helping the people in line. It was very unprofessional.

-The lack of tubes over at Neptune's Plunge was extremely annoying. There is no reason to have that few of tubes. There were people waiting at the splashdown pool, just hoping somebody would be finished with their tube and give it up. I can't imagine what it must be like on a busy day. There should be a stack of tubes by the entrance.

-Sweep the freaking rocks off the steps and paths of the slide towers!

Rides

-Remove Acapulco Drop! The was the most painful slide I have ever been on. I will never ride it again. I saw one person who had a gash in their back from it.

-Run a real program on Mind Spinder. I kept waiting for it to get going, only to realize that's how slow the park actually runs the ride. It was seriously like an extremely long warm up cycle. There were no forces, and just about everybody in my party was just waiting for it to stop so they could go do something worthwhile.

General

-Just continue to make aesthetic improvements. The baby blue pavement near the Sky Wheel is a bit janky, and there are plenty of areas that could just use a little love, like some landscaping.

-The area/station of Zoomerang could really use some attention. First of all, the ride could really use some grass under it, rather than the dirt/rock/weed combo. The station could really stand to be remodeled as well. I'm not talking about anything extravagant, but even something like what Rampage has would be better. It feels very carny-ish in its current state.

-Do something about that layout. The park has one of the worst layouts I've ever seen. There are far too many dead ends, and windy paths (which often lead to dead ends).

-Rename/theme Hurricane. I know this is small and picky, but it just looks tacky to have a ride themed to a city night and live music, while simultaneously having the name "Hurricane" with a sign that has a picture of a shipwreck. That makes the place feel like a permanent carnival. Just rename it to "Music Express" or something. That's not anymore generic than the current name.

Wow, you said a mouth full, I will send this to the proper persons, ASAP!!! Thanks for this TR!!!

A concept for SFMM.

1.) Move Rock Wall into spin-outs old spot. Retheme entire Psyclone Bay area into "CA sports park." They do have a skycoaster, go-karts, Thrillshot (and if that isn't going to work, dump it for sky venture install), Jetstream (easy to tie that into water sports), shooting range, day spa. Add a Flo Rider install - San Diego's Wavehouse (upcharge with sponsored surf shop attached), and they have pretty much covered a CA outdoor adventure lifestyle in a self contained spot! Keeps all the upcharge attractions in one area as well.

• 3 years later...

Lakemont Park:

- Add some Concrete over Pathways

- Add a Major Steel Coaster (A Gerstlaurer Euro Fighter or Small Spinner would work as long as it's not a Wild Mouse)

- Add an Interactive Dark Ride

- Expand the Waterpark or add a Water Ride

- Relocate the Flat Rides in the Park to Near Skyliner and Relocate the Go Karts Where the Flats Were (Skyliner looks WAY out of Place there)

- Add More Trees

Conneaut:

- Retrack the Bottom's of the 1st Few Drops of Blue Streak

- Remove the Area with Closed Games

- Add Zyclone from Fun Spot where Toboggan Is

- Add a Log Flume

- Add a Drop Tower

- Turn the Gift Shop into a Laser Tag/ Upcharge Attraction for Revenue

Edited by Rollercoaster Rider

Darien Lake

. repaint the mural on the Galaxy Theathre

. Pour concrete over the end pool of Floodgate Falls and make it a paito with lounge chairs

. Rocky Mountain The Predator and add a photo spot

. Repiant the Ride of Steel and Mind Eraser

. Turn the boat in Adventure Isle into a playground

. Add LED lighting to the Giant Wheel

. Sell the Batman tracks for scrap

. Expand Adventure Isle to include the Tiny Trio and a Zamperla Rockin' Tug ride

. Make Viper's look like a snake

. Remove Grand Prix Speedway and move the Motocoaster there

Martin's Fantasy Island

. Add a Vekoma Boomerang coaster

. Expand the water park with a new 4 slide complex and a half pipe slide

. Remove the mini golf course and put in a kiddie coaster

. Put a Zamperla Hawk ride in where Starship 2000 stood

. Remove Crazy Mouse and replace it with a Gerstlauer spinning coaster

Edited by DarienLaker

Walt Disney Word:

Add a looping coaster OF ANY SORT to magic kingdom, they need to add WAY more rollercoasters to all of their parks!!!

All Six Flags Parks:

MAKE THEM CLEANER (Add more trash cans, hire more janitors, etc.)

Add more theming

Time for a mini rant. Disney is not really about coasters at all, and it seems like only 50% of people get that concept... I have no problem with people not liking Disney, but they will never ever ever ever ever get a B&M coaster or a mega looper or something like that. Walt's vision was to create a park where everyone could ride together... and most 3 year olds are not 54 inches tall! Also keep in mind that they have Rock N Rollercoaster, which does go upside down, arguably the best "drop" ride in the entire world... the only comparison is maybe TDS's. They also have Everest and lost of awesome rides that anyone can enjoy. Lastly adding a major coaster to a park is not necessarily an improvement... it's a huge investment which Disney can not do right now because they are busy improving Fantasyland, which does include a (likely) small roller coaster for everyone to enjoy. I understand and respect why you do not like the Disney parks... but the theme park experience is not all about coasters, and if it is for you that's okay I guess... but you're missing out on tons of other awesome char,s and rides at the disney parks that are not coasters! End rant

^ Word

I hate Disney updating stuff and becoming more "modern" simply because I would love for the Disney parks to be as they were in Walt's time.

And for my parks "To Do List!"...M&D's - "Scotland's Theme Park" should...

-Employ at least some polite staff with brain cells!

- Clean the place up and make it look less overall "cheap"

- Get some new rides...like better ones.

- Have better opening hours...i.e. not 11:30 - 4.00 in the middle of the Summer!

- Think of a better park name

- More coasters!

- Get some nice places to eat!

KBF

-rocky mountain ghostrider

-bring back old perilous plunge boats

-new paint for montezuma, especially on the track in the station, it looks horribly dirty

-completely new ghostrider crew who can efficiently dispatch trains and stop worrying about if some idiot pulls out his phone, seriously I know it's the rides rules but constantly stopping trains on the lift and just badgering people about it is old

-Did I mention rocky mountaining ghostrider?

- the railroad/stagecoach crossing from fiesta village to boardwalk reduce the time at which they close the gates, they seriously close those gates and the train is still back by perilous plunge, no need for it to be closed that long

-finish windseeker faster

-build the 300+ foot giga and knock out pony express and make it the station for it, and if worse comes to worse build it's lifthill out over the warehouses and the bulk of it over the parking lot by the hotel and build a parking garage across beach to accomidate the loss of parking

-Reprogam Xcelerator so it's more likely to roll back again

SFMM

-seriously in all honesty, limit daily ticket sales to keep lines somewhat manageable on the busy summerdays. Sure profit margins would be affected but then you don't need a bunch of security watching over each line watching for people cutting which happens regardless

-single rider line for ALL rides

-WCB Ert treatment to Batman everynight

That's all I can think of right now

Time for a mini rant. Disney is not really about coasters at all, and it seems like only 50% of people get that concept... I have no problem with people not liking Disney, but they will never ever ever ever ever get a B&M coaster or a mega looper or something like that. Walt's vision was to create a park where everyone could ride together... and most 3 year olds are not 54 inches tall! Also keep in mind that they have Rock N Rollercoaster, which does go upside down, arguably the best "drop" ride in the entire world... the only comparison is maybe TDS's. They also have Everest and lost of awesome rides that anyone can enjoy. Lastly adding a major coaster to a park is not necessarily an improvement... it's a huge investment which Disney can not do right now because they are busy improving Fantasyland, which does include a (likely) small roller coaster for everyone to enjoy. I understand and respect why you do not like the Disney parks... but the theme park experience is not all about coasters, and if it is for you that's okay I guess... but you're missing out on tons of other awesome char,s and rides at the disney parks that are not coasters! End rant

Dont get me wrong disney is one of my favorite parks, its totally awesome, and has an experience all of its own. I was just saying that magic kingdom doesnt have any rollercoasters that go upside down. It is their main park so I was saying they should add something like california screamin, rock n' rollercoaster, or space mountian (the one in Paris), not a B&M. Same for alot of their other parks. It would just make Disney better, its great as it is, but with one of those coasters it would be BETTER.

SFMM

-seriously in all honesty, limit daily ticket sales to keep lines somewhat manageable on the busy summerdays. Sure profit margins would be affected but then you don't need a bunch of security watching over each line watching for people cutting which happens regardless

-single rider line for ALL rides

-WCB ERT treatment to Batman every night

That's all I can think of right now

I'd rather have those poor people suffer on those weekends and get the extra profit that Six Flags Inc and SFMM really need then limit that. The more $$ the more improvements like the ones mentioned in this thread will come true. I think single rider should AT LEAST be implemented in the rides with four seats across. Its not like Tatsu's dispatch times will get any slower then they already are.

Also:

-Paint Riddler's, Scream, and Tatsu.

-Rocky Mountain Colossus.

-Work on ride efficiency.

KINGS DOMINION

-Flight of Fear (add effects, air-conditioning, new theming and name, track replaced, new trains)

-Backlot Stunt Coaster (new trains with really nice car theming, new effects)

-REMOVE Shockwave

-NEW water ride

-Hurler (GCI Treatment and add a lot of track)

-Rebel Yell (Repaint and retrack)

-NEW S&S Giant Swing in Old Virginia Area

-NEW Entrance to park

-Add trees and landscaping

-Expand and repaint water park slides

Darien Lake Kinda big, almost unrealistic wish list

-Repaint, re-theme, and rename Ride of Steel, it would help re-brand the park and distance itself from the Six Flags Days

-While I think the galaxy theater is good for kids, a new dark-coaster in there would be epic!

-A beach on Darien Lake could be so cool, bring it back to the old days. Make it a place for families to take a break.

-Put a ride near mind eraser, possibly expand the midway to the left of mind eraser. That way ME is not a dead end.

-Move Scrambler and put a new ride near there, that area of the park could use a lot of love.

-Expand the park out near Darien Square, it's actually a really nice area of the park and it shouldn't be on the edge.

-The old, scum filled lazy river thing, get that up and running again. It was actually a decent water ride.

-Put in that wave rider that was rumored, possibly to the left of cuda falls... there is just enough room for it and would bring people over the bridge.

-Replace the wood on the bridge, especially because it connects cuda falls to splashtown. Splinters hurt!

-General park improvements, concrete midways, new paint, replace old wooden benches.

Darien Lake has soooooo much potential!

Darien Lake Kinda big, almost unrealistic wish list

-The old, scum filled lazy river thing, get that up and running again. It was actually a decent water ride.

-Put in that wave rider that was rumored, possibly to the left of cuda falls... there is just enough room for it and would bring people over the bridge.

-Replace the wood on the bridge, especially because it connects cuda falls to splashtown. Splinters hurt!

Darien Lake has soooooo much potential!

Why Not just buldoze everything on the Cuda Falls Side of the Waterpark and Expand on the Splashtown Site.

Add Some Spinning Flat Ride on the Cuda Falls Site.

Why Not just buldoze everything on the Cuda Falls Side of the Waterpark and Expand on the Splashtown Site.

Add Some Spinning Flat Ride on the Cuda Falls Site.

If they really did that they would just move 'Cuda Falls over to the SplashTown side of water park instead of getting rid of it!

Darien Lake needs to:

1. Sell the old Batman coaster across the street. I laugh every time I read on their FB page when someone mentions "You need to put that Batman coaster in the park".

2. After my visit on Saturday there is no doubt in my mind that Splashtown needs another expansion. It looked like it was near capacity as I was leaving the parking lot.

3. People complain that the Giant Wheel needs lights. I do agree but the big offender is the amount of graffiti on the ride itself. The seats are all marked up or carved upon. I find that quite attrocious.

4. While the park has a great flat ride lineup I'd like to see more new, updated flats added before another coaster is put in. Put a few at the end of the Ride of Steel midway so that there's more to do down there. They also need to finish repainting their current ride linuep, starting with Mind Eraser.