TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

No more Futurama

Voyage_luvr

Apparently they are taking it off next year, so they are having a huge marathon for now of the show. I can't believe that it won't be shown anymore, it is one of my favorites.

Is anyone else kind of mad about this?

Bender and Zoidberg are my favorite characters. "Whoowhoowhoowhoowhoo"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adult Swim has pulled this before. They take it off, people get annoyed, they put it back, they shuffle the time slot, wash, rinse, repeat.

It's been on a long time too, but, like G4 did with Robot Wars (man I miss that show), it's probably past it's due.

Futurama is a great show. If it helps, in addition to the DVD sets, there's a full length movie that's out at Barnes & Noble. It's not the Bender collection, but something else. You might check that out. For that matter, the DVDs of the series are worth owning (if you don't have them already).

Yeah, it's a bummer.

Ok Girls, dont get all weepy. Futurama is only moving to Comedy Central starting Jan 1st. Plus, you'll be getting new episodes as well.

BTW, anyone have Benders Big Score???

Thank God. New Episodes? That makes me very excited. I haven't seen new ones come out in a long time.

I plan on renting or buying Bender's Big Score soon. I've heard it's good.

Ok Girls, dont get all weepy. Futurama is only moving to Comedy Central starting Jan 1st. Plus, you'll be getting new episodes as well.

Disappointment does not = weepy. Just empathizing/consoling.

Good to know it's on Comedy Central. Hadn't heard this part and don't watch much tv (so little time) so didn't know. Glad it's not completely gone, which make this girl happy.

Thank God. New Episodes? That makes me very excited. I haven't seen new ones come out in a long time.

I plan on renting or buying Bender's Big Score soon. I've heard it's good.

Just remember, the new episodes are essentially the DVD movies being released right now. Each movie consists of 4 episodes to make up a 16 episode season.

And it looks like Comedy Central is going to be airing a lot of Futurama. Every weeknight from 8 to 9:30 (I guess its going to be that way until the writers strike is over and the Daily Show & Colbert Report are back).

And it looks like Comedy Central is going to be airing a lot of Futurama. Every weeknight from 8 to 9:30 (I guess its going to be that way until the writers strike is over and the Daily Show & Colbert Report are back).

Daily Show and Colbert are coming back on the 7th. No writers, but the shows will be new.

Can't wait for the new episodes, 3 different episodes of Futurama are sometimes showed on Australian TV (if you have cable as well as the normal TV channels) so we should get it.

One of my friends has seen Benders Big Score, he says it is really good. I'm hoping to get it off him soon.

As quite possibly the biggest, geekiest "Futurama" fan on this board/in the world, I can attest that "Bender's Big Score" is one huge slice of awesomeness!

If you haven't yet seen it, run, don't walk, to your nearest Wal-Mart/Target/Barnes & Noble/(insert store where DVDs are sold here) and buy it. Or borrow it from a friend. As if anyone would ever give up their copy!

Billy West is my hero! I mean, he's right up there with Mel Blanc, Paul Frees, Daws Butler and June Foray as far as I'm concerned. Among the very best in the voiceover business.

So yeah, I'm kind of excited about the move to Comedy Central and the three other upcoming DVD movies....