TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo-TR: Hopi Hari + Wet´t Wild in Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hattuchili

Hey guys!

So cool to see a review about Hopi-Hari here at TPR.

Here in Brazil, among many small amusement parks, we have 3 major theme-parks: Hopi-Hari (near Sao Paulo), Terra-Encantada (Rio) and Beto Carrero World (in the south).

By far, Hopi-Hari is the best one: nice attractions, great theming and cozy environment for you to spend a joyful day at.

Montezum, its signature attraction, is a RCCA wooden coaster which I myself wrote an article to Timber Tales Magazine (from Wood Coasters Fun Club - WCFC / USA). The coaster was once the 5th tallest woodie in the world and was once a great ride, ruined due its poor maintenance. The ride is packed with head-chop effects, many hills and a 360 degree inclined helix.

Nowadays, the two 5:3:2 PTC trains seem to run with square wheels and the coaster became a brutal experience after all. I would not say it was once smooth - no RCCA coasters are (not the ones I rode already!), but it was once a great ride for sure.

Hopi-Hari defines itself as another country, with its own language and passport (the entrance ticket). It has 5 themed areas and its main attractions are an Intamin Drop Tower, a Sky-Coaster, an Intamin river-rapids ride and 4 coasters:

- Montezum: RCCA Woodie

- Vurang: Intamin Spinning/Dark

- Katapult: Schwarzkopf Shuttle (aka king kobra / thunderlooper)

- Billi-Billi: Zamperla Buffalo Coaster

Beto Carrero is huge, but poorly themed: almost a poorly executed copy of famous US parks (Disney, Busch, etc) with LAME, LAME rides.

Terra-Encantada (enchanted land), with its wide expertise in filling up chapter 2, became a ghost-town and is not enchanted anymore (was it ever?). The only good things at the park are the Intamin Drop Tower and the Intamin 8-looper Monte Makaya.

Hope you all have a joyful and happy 2008!

Cheers from Rio,

Gus.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Soren!

Let me know if you plan a trip to Rio. It would be great to meet one of my TPR mates and have some fun around.

Terra-Encantada as I said has a nice Intamin 8-looper. But Rio hosts one of the best water-parks ever: RIO WATER PLANET.

So, just let me know if you're around.

Enjoy your stay in Brazil and take good care of the jewl you got from this land.

Gus.

Let me know if you plan a trip to Rio. It would be great to meet one of my TPR mates and have some fun around.

Hey Gus,

I have been in Rio a couple weeks ago and I really liked the city. I visited the "Pão de Açúcar" and the "Monumento Cristo Redentor", it was a lot of fun. But we had no time to visit a theme park there. Maybe next time.

--Soren

Photo-TR: Hopi Hari + Wet´t Wild in Sao Paulo, Brazil

Wet´n Wild pictures are posted - Part 2

Hey everyone,

I think it is time for an update.

Part 2 - Wet´n Wild:

Another day another park, but this time filled with water. I have been to Wet´n Wild in Orlando a few times and always enjoyed it. So I was really looking forward to that water park. The day was really warm, like the day before and I burned my neck again.

Anyway, in total I have to say that we have chosen a good day, because the park was nearly empty. For the rides I need to say it was just okay. They had a few good slides, but not as much as Wet´n Wild in Orlando. But since the park was so empty, we had the chance to go on every slide a couple times.

Okay, onto the pictures.

--Soren

DSC01714.jpg.7cd4e729069774749d62afe327f8c3ca.jpg

Last shot from Wet´n Wild. Thanks again for reading.

DSC01712.jpg.157dea844b2aa3888f5af3ab9b6efa0a.jpg

The Space Bowl, which was also fun.

DSC01711.jpg.3a9aab5856666607b1dced73c2a98fe1.jpg

This was a nice slide, which we enjoyed a few times.

DSC01710.jpg.2d54c8a91df547637c8a3b97dd236b6e.jpg

... and Hopi Hari in the back. (The park was closed on this day.)

DSC01709.jpg.53ce64e210c511a72bd94f847bef2725.jpg

Another shot from the park...

DSC01708.jpg.d775b535134b34faf0ab13f67fda249a.jpg

The hotel we were staying, in the background.

DSC01707.jpg.6d68abe848c50ebdc35a148373c50f37.jpg

Also the relaxing area was kinda empty.

DSC01706.jpg.2ac3fdbb69eb41409a39dd2253f7886e.jpg

Nearly empty wave pool.

DSC01705.jpg.b1c30723c265d8bf5c5f69c603793307.jpg

As you can see, the park was not crowded at all.

DSC01704.jpg.233a5b4cd012cee158906e904bf43aec.jpg

Where are we? Yes, Wet´n Wild and they had a japanese music group there, to entertain everyone.

DSC01703.jpg.b6960108d2fccf76bda487f56d75022f.jpg

In the back you can see Hopi Hari´s wooden coaster "Montezum".

DSC01702.jpg.285512a4dafd123de3ef101be962d4eb.jpg

Yes, we had fun there.

DSC01700.jpg.8aa28386a1fffa7b9c58c30928ebda5a.jpg

The wave pool.

DSC01699.jpg.8b4de67ae377e4b9e6e6196c54cc0f8c.jpg

The lazy river.

DSC01698.jpg.c54d48e084879bbf550f7848e3be09aa.jpg

The park map.

DSC01697.jpg.92c1a4ea355ab9c04e522d5cddb2fe11.jpg

and the other side.

DSC01696.jpg.c9b50c80b6a5eb67bdbbce10039c76f4.jpg

First overview of the park.

DSC01716.jpg.61f8674720ba5015fda4c82c43cff04d.jpg

First slide seen from the parking lot.

DSC01715.jpg.95852ac6328aeeb7bb6c9ed0b53ff2e6.jpg

Welcome to Wet´n Wild Sao Paulo

Nice pics/report, especially love all the park shots of Hopi Hari, does indeed look like a really nicely themed park.

I remember looking up Montezum before after seeing some pics, thought the layout looked amazing with some impressively steep drops. Until I saw this POV, ouch! Get a headache just imagining the brutal jackhammering and shuffling!

Even worse, some sadist came up with the evil idea to turn the cars backwards, yikes!

Nice pics/report, especially love all the park shots of Hopi Hari, does indeed look like a really nicely themed park.

I remember looking up Montezum before after seeing some pics, thought the layout looked amazing with some impressively steep drops. Until I saw this POV, ouch! Get a headache just imagining the brutal jackhammering and shuffling!

Even worse, some sadist came up with the evil idea to turn the cars backwards, yikes!

Yeah, its looks good before you ride it (in pictures I have seen). Before the twisty section, its not to bad though (impression from the videos). It just goes badly wrong in the corners

-- Matty

Thanks for posting the video. There you can see how rough the coaster is. I mean the park theming is really nice, but for the coaster I need to say that I am glad, I got the credit. I don´t need to ride it ever again.

Wet'n'wild looks kind of dodge though, the tiles in the lazy river look... average and dirty

I think it is just the picture. The park wasn´t dirty at all. I really like how clean everything was.

But something surpriesed me, they were using seawater there. Are they using seawater at Wet´n Wild Orlando, too? I don´t remember that.

--Soren

Great TR of some unknown parks Soren.

Hopi Hari looks like a nice little park(well big park for Brazil), and it's sad to see that it is struggling so much. Wet n Wild looks to have a nice selection of attractions, but it reminds me of Soak City.(maybe I'm spoiled with Hurricane Harbor) Montezum looks like it could have been a pretty good coaster, but too bad it's rough. However, it is an RCCA, so I didn't expect it to be smooth, but I didn't expect it to be that rough.

Hey Soren, did you went to Playcenter in São Paulo?

Well, you must visit Beto Carrero World... Its the best-themed park of Brazil in my opinion, and they have amazing shows.

Is that where coaster trains separate for some unknown reason?

Nice update from some parks I have heard little to nothing about keep it coming!!!

Awesome TR Soren. Where were all the Brazillian Supermodels sunbathing topless at Wet N' Wild?

Brazilian Supermodels? sunbathing topless? haha... My fiance would kick my ass so hard. But I need to tell you that the bikinis and even the speedos are much shorter than in the USA or in Germany. I would not wear some of that stuff.

Is that where coaster trains separate for some unknown reason?

You made my day. I needed to laugh so hard after reading your comment. - I also saw the report at screamscape. It is even funnier that they fixed everything over night. I am not sure anymore, if I need to see that park.

--Soren