TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Interesting article about Intamin's rocket coasters

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestign article.

Confirms what I've been hearing about Intamin not have that hot of a safety record.

I still think changing the restraints on the hypers was rediculous when the death was caused by the rider and operater, not the design of the coaster or train.

I still think changing the restraints on the hypers was rediculous when the death was caused by the rider and operater, not the design of the coaster or train.

Yes, but...

If you compare the similar designs of Intamin and B&M clamshells, it's clear that the B&Ms overlap with the seat further around the body, making for more security with no loss of movement. (As riders get fatter and fatter, this becomes more of an issue.) It seems quite possible that the S:ROS accident would never have happened if everything had been the same except that the design of the T-bar and seat had met B&M specs.

Park management as well as the coaster manufacturers apparently don't have safety/reliability as their number one priority. The park management wants the biggest and fastest coaster to give an increase in attendance, and the coaster manufacturers want the millions in profit. Either way, apparently money has been coming before safety/reliability.

With that said, I don't think Intamin will be getting much business over the next 10 years if they don't improve their reliability issues.

EDIT:

Hell at this rate, they might as well put a big engine and tranny in thr front of these cars, and put a full time driver/operator on every launch coaster. It surely would fit the theming for TTD

Problem Solved

I'm surprised Intamin sold as many rides as they did after the bad record, but I'm thankful because they're my favorite rides.

I hope a park goes for a ride more like Millennium Force or Expedition Ge Force rather than another Dragster. Doesn't have to break records, just try something different for &^%@'s sake.

i think that this is bad for coaster enthusiasts because stupid fat people dont relize they are in danger even though the lap bar doesnt fit right. Then they fall out and sue, creating a bad record for Intamin. Parks dont buy there rides, you see less Intamins which sucks for the coaster enthusiasts.

If only they made more of those signs with the string to see if you fit......then maybe problems will go away. But of course there will be a dumb fat person that will still want to ride and they will get killed.

I think they should investigate more into what the ride will perform like before they construct it. Like all the calculations, are they correct?

Intamin are getting a bad reputation for themselves with their rocket coasters screwing up. They should spend more time thinking about them. Just not build them as quick as possible and opening them.