TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Goodies!

It's Christmas Eve, and my cupboards are far from bare thanks to friends, family, neighbors and co-workers who have supplied me with enough sugary treats to feed every elf at the North Pole! Since all the parks where I live are closed for the season, I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we could all share our Christmas cookies and other assorted holiday goodness.

7.JPG.3bdab46fa8ba73bd090ab4b70eb39740.JPG

And finally, a nice six-pack of holiday Coke to wash everything down with. OK, so it's just regular Coke, but the 19th century reproduction bottles are really fun. My dad, the bottle collector, has some of the originals from the late 1800s (though I wouldn't want to drink out of them).

6.JPG.4d188457d11e7ac00686935870d11346.JPG

OK, it may look like Puppy Chow, but this stuff is absolutely amazing! It's a container of spiced (cinnamon-sugar glazed) pecans left over from my Jaycees board of directors Christmas party, made using my aunt's recipe. Thanks, Aunt Barbara!

5.JPG.003b4ef4826256dad29d014694c60300.JPG

A tray of chocolate chip cookies from my friend Kristin.

4.JPG.3aa9afff95934fde76962c57d1688ae2.JPG

Holiday cheer from a co-worker. There are four kinds of cookies in here--sugar cookies with sprinkles, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip and peanut butter. Because we are both big dorky fans of "The Office" and Dwight Schrute in particular, I expressed mock regret at the lack of beet cookies in the assortment.

3.JPG.f6cbee6c225892386364ea3d0ec30570.JPG

Cookies left over from our division party at work. Sprinkles on the front, chocolate on the back. We also got to take home leftover hot wings and pork barbecue... but they didn't exactly last long enough for photos!

2.JPG.630fc51532b9773c31274564e036d4c9.JPG

My office manager made everyone at work a tin of this candy. It's basically crackers covered with a toffee-like cinnamon-sugar mixture covered with chocolate covered with nuts covered with deliciousness!

1.JPG.467af42af2cccf2484b23fdca794c2b1.JPG

My girlfriend made these sprinkled cupcakes for my roommate and me as part of our Christmas together on Saturday.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grrrrr...

All those christmasy sweets I don't know if I'lle ver get to eat...

Well, I got to enjoy myself a couple of weeks ago, because not many people outside Israel know this but Hannukah's traditional food is... DONUTS! Yup! Jelly filled donuts with sugar sprinkled on top to be specific, but really they just make any sort.

I coudl go for some chocolate chip though.

We just had the traditional roast pork dinner with candied yams, crackling, baked apple and all that. Yummy stuff. Dessert is a toss-up between rhubarb & apple crumble, fruit pince pies or something else equally wicked, forget what.

Can't wait to hit gymnastics again in New Year, might need to shed a few kg's

Man, I just got back from Waffle House with friends, had some awesome triple chocolate pie, and you have to show off yer damn holiday eats and make me all hungry again!

I'll trade a tin of spiced pecans for a visit to the Waffle House any day! Closest one is about an hour and a half away from me. Last time I had the pleasure was during a convention in Myrtle Beach a couple years ago. I shed a little tear when I saw it crop up in the Midwest Trip report last summer.

But I got freshly ground sausage for breakfast this morning and am T-minus five hours away from ham, sweet potatoes and made-from-scratch cherry cheese pie, so I guess that'll have to do in the meantime

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

Man, I just got back from Waffle House with friends, had some awesome triple chocolate pie, and you have to show off yer damn holiday eats and make me all hungry again!

I'll trade a tin of spiced pecans for a visit to the Waffle House any day! Closest one is about an hour and a half away from me. Last time I had the pleasure was during a convention in Myrtle Beach a couple years ago. I shed a little tear when I saw it crop up in the Midwest Trip report last summer.

But I got freshly ground sausage for breakfast this morning and am T-minus five hours away from ham, sweet potatoes and made-from-scratch cherry cheese pie, so I guess that'll have to do in the meantime

You're really gonna hate me. I've got two Waffle Houses within 10 minutes of my pad, along with 3 McDonald's, 2 Starbuck's, a Carrabba's, a Target with Vault Icee, and an FEC called Southern Adventures. Next time I go to Waffle House, I'll have a slice of pie in your honor.

EDIT: It's New Years Day and I'm still hoping to get a slice of that Waffle House pie. Will post a pic here if I do.