TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nicolas Cage begs Disney to build 'National Treasure' ride.

story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/f825b92e19df636a/id/310158/cs/1/

Cage begs Disney for 'National Treasure' theme park ride

Malaysia Sun

Tuesday 18th December, 2007

(ANI)

Washington, Dec 18 : 'City Of Angels' star Nicolas Cage wants Disneyland to build a new ride based on the actor's movie franchise National Treasure.

The 43-year-old star is a huge fan of theme parks and has a desire for his own rollercoaster.

Disney produced 'National Treasure' and new sequel 'Book of Secrets' and Cage is hopeful that they will grant him his wish.

"My biggest thrill would be if Disney was so happy with the movie that they gave it a ride," Contactmusic quoted Cage, as saying.

"Because I love amusement parks and I love Disneyland and I would love to see a National Treasure ride. That would be a dream come true for me."

Disney movie Pirates of the Caribbean was based on a ride at the Disney World resort.

(Points off for claiming the POTC film trilogy was based on WDW's inferior version.)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Disney is going to theme a ride after such a minor movie franchise.

Disney has A-list products to choose from. Why would they make a ride based off of their many Disney branded movies that they had little to do with?

And a B-list and falling celebrity isn't going to convince them.

I doubt Disney is going to theme a ride after such a minor movie franchise.

Disney has A-list products to choose from. Why would they make a ride based off of their many Disney branded movies that they had little to do with?

And a B-list and falling celebrity isn't going to convince them.

The first one made close to $200 million domestic, this isn't a minor franchise assuming the second one does close to that level. Honestly, beyond Pixar and Pirates, this is their biggest franchise at this point.

The first one made close to $200 million domestic, this isn't a minor franchise assuming the second one does close to that level. Honestly, beyond Pixar and Pirates, this is their biggest franchise at this point.

Really?

Disney must be really struggling if this is one of their best franchises.

This may be the most useless thread on TPR, and that is saying something. Who doesn't want a ride themed around something they do or something they are familiar with.

I'd love to see a ride themed around Robb trying to get money out of Jewy. How about a ride themed to Joe cooking a meal or backing out of a TPR trip.

Really?

Disney must be really struggling if this is one of their best franchises.

When ya got POTC, you don't need much more.

This is just bad journalism, honestly. Nowhere is he begging, read the actual quote that's attributed to him.

"My biggest thrill would be if Disney was so happy with the movie that they gave it a ride," Contactmusic quoted Cage, as saying.

"Because I love amusement parks and I love Disneyland and I would love to see a National Treasure ride. That would be a dream come true for me."

Sounds like someone asked him a mundane question like "What would make you happiest for this movie to achieve" or something.

It should also be pointed out that Cage is a huge geek, probably very similar to many people on the board here, except he gets to star in big budget movies. He used to have a gigantic comic collection. Cage isn't even his real last name, he changed it because his favorite comic book character Luke Cage. He named his son Kal-El, after fucking Superman! He's just a big ass geek.