TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Day Eight: Bon Bon Land and Hansa Park.

Today’s update will be a little briefer since I have to cover two parks, it’s kind of late, and the internet wi-fi is REALLY expensive in this hotel! :o

Bon Bon Land – This is one of the weirdest, screwed up parks ever! But I mean that in a good way. This park might as well be called the “bodily function park” in that just about every bodily function is covered. Let me explain. The park is themed with these bizarre cartoon animal characters, each one of them that seems to represent different things that your body does. From the peeing grasshopper to the farting dog, the vomiting bird and the crapping seagull. It’s all there! The photos will explain more. Needless to say, it made for some entertaining photos! We met up with some members of http://www.themeparkdenmark.dk/ again and they helped make the day even better.

As for the coasters, the premiere attraction is a Gerstlauer 95 degree drop coaster. I have to be honest, after riding both of these I really hope those rumors for Dollywood getting one does not come true. While they are ‘fun’ they aren’t very comfortable and they ‘feel’ more like a portable ride than a permanent fixture.

The other coaster is the “Dog Fart Coaster.” Now we had been hearing about this coaster for a long time, and we originally just thought it was some funny translation. No, were wrong, it REALLY is the “Dog Fart Coaster!” You ride in a train themed like a dog, and when the train travels through the ‘dog house’ you can hear the fart noise, and when you come out of the dog house you see the figuring of the dog crapping on the ground.

No, I am NOT making this up!!!! There seriously is a speaker in the dog house where the fart comes from, and there even is poop on the ground! This should give you a clear idea of the sense of humor in this park.

And if that isn’t weird enough, now comes the ‘self operated rides’ including a roller coaster and a pirate ship ride! These were everywhere in the park! And what do we mean by ‘self operated?’ Simple, there are no ride ops, these rides are on the honor system and you operate them yourself!

The coaster was interesting, and it’s not really a ‘coaster’, certainly not a ‘credit’ for us, but it was a lot of fun! They also had a self-operated zip-line ride, I mean, a full sized zipline that probably was 100 feet long and about 30 feet off the ground! This wasn’t like your coin operated supermarket rides, these were REAL rides without any ride op at all! Seriously, it was REALLY cool!

We left around 12:30 so we could catch a ferry into Germany and make it to Hansa Park.

This was to be a ‘bonus park’ on the trip and it turns out we had plenty of time to do both parks in one day, especially since there were no crowds at either one.

We had no idea what to expect from Hansa and we came out really liking it a lot! It was also a weird, screwed up park, again in a good way, and this time because of all it’s bizarre rides.

As for coasters, they had a pretty good custom layout Schwarzkopf with a single loop and a CRAZY moment of airtime! They also had a custom layout Roller Skater and a Wild Mouse. But that’s where the ‘normal’ stuff stops.

The new ride of the this year was the “Starflyer”, or at least that’s it’s common name. Basically, it’s a chairswing ride that is 150 feet tall and goes 40 MPH!!! Yes, once again, I am NOT making this up! This ride was seriously cool! It craps all over the Screamin’ Swings! I mean, you feel REALLY high up, and it goes REALLY fast. And all you are sitting in is what looks like your common chairswing, nothing much different about it. It scared the crap out of all of us, but we LOVED it!

Hansa also had some of those ‘bouncy things’ that we encountered at Farup a few days ago. We probably spent more time here, again, than on the rest of the rides! You could really get bouncing good on these too. We bounced Joey and got ‘girls on trampoline’ footage. What more do you need?

The other bizarre ride was the “Metro Liner.” The only way to describe this is a double-bayern curve. I have no idea who makes it or where this ride comes from, but it’s really cool!

We took a spin, literally, on the spinning rapids ride. The same type that was installed at Astroworld and SFA a few years ago but this one was much longer and spun MUCH more!!! Elissa rode, and I’m not sure she was pleased with that decision!

Anyway, we’re off to Heide Park tomorrow and more Intamin steel, I mean, WOOD coasters!

Onto some photos from today!

hansa13.jpg.f4d23bd35c5e9093440ef2945f5375ec.jpg

And here are the two trucks that collided and caused a 2 hour delay during our drive! Grrr.... Thanks to "German Tom" for helping us with the traffic information!

hansa14.jpg.dc8aa5b9d95526c84f1d7ed70d9b64d5.jpg

This is that weird 'double bayern curve' thing. Anyone know what this ride is or who makes it or if there are any others like it???

hansa12.jpg.1e17d9de334b1a80a7fce7991cc48d5c.jpg

Elissa got molested by the charaters! She really did!!! I'll post the video of it when we get better internet access!

hansa11.jpg.e4a6416793970cf595f4f808c0e9c6dd.jpg

They also had one of those horse rides like Legoland, but adults could ride, then they hand you a gun, and you shoot targets for points!!!!

hansa10.jpg.31cf61eb2832a6e3ae98892097377eea.jpg

This could totally be the poster for the park's gay day!

hansa9.jpg.c2ff0dcebddf10c95a8c97758a1b6c77.jpg

Spinning rapids rides rule!

hansa8.jpg.b9d6d203850680f96a3c68b5285b6945.jpg

A 150 foot tall chair swings that goes 40 MPH!!! Yes! And all that is holding you in is a seatbelt and those little chairswing chains just like the normal versions!

hansa7.jpg.73d697cafb0453f1b3ba5f987b6809d0.jpg

But the coolest, most insane ride here was the "Starflyer."

hansa6.jpg.c38c724a99f6dd86ce9363cb2eabe4dd.jpg

They also had a Vekoma Roller Skater with a totally unique layout.

hansa5.jpg.32264ba2322b823f99201d036b906c66.jpg

Elissa jumping on trampolines!

hansa4.jpg.8166fc0da9708960411320e1ea9b4e84.jpg

They also had a bouncy thing. Kind of hard to describe, but that huge "pillow" is filled with air, and allows you to jump, do flips, and all kinds of stuff that no American park would ever allow!

hansa3.jpg.0fab544e01f6f8ce8692cf294c83f857.jpg

The park's Schwarzkopf looper was kind of like half of SFOT's Shock Wave. One loop instead of two, one crazy airtime moment instead of two. This was a REALLY good ride!

hansa2.jpg.3cdde033962cba1c190d6ce4ffaaee37.jpg

We arrive at Hansa Park around 3pm with plenty of time to see everything the park has to offer.

hansa1.jpg.ad6638ee1a95daa86f97be88825f615e.jpg

Here we are boarding another ferry on our way to Germany.

bonbon15.jpg.328c6bbd06fd311e7dd5d853df7e4e6a.jpg

The drop is fun, the rest of it is kind of brutal. Overall, not a bad ride, but I really wish these were smoother.

bonbon14.thumb.jpg.abc88b4ed47e6361550467f686d87b81.jpg

Oh, yes...let's not forget the park's star attaction!

bonbon13.jpg.8a9bf00163a72081076355e213c469a3.jpg

The vomiting rat is yet another of the 'bodily function' characters at the park.

bonbon12.jpg.ab115e2de35a310ee62f834832571679.jpg

There were plenty of boobs to be had all over the park. We didn't mind this at all! =)

bonbon10.jpg.7901b17d2bc04e2a5b78148b6c9b7a3f.jpg

Dan plays 'ride op' for the zipline ride!

bonbon9.jpg.dee57ff4ebc1bad3d1ee4afbee4f86ce.jpg

"Wheee! Self-Powered Zipline is fun!"

bonbon8.jpg.f51793811652facc32dc9391aa19351d.jpg

Apparently, he laid more than just a fart!!!

bonbon7.jpg.eced39e21372ae28514fd762bd1b8359.jpg

Note the speaker on the left inside the dog house. That's where the 'fart' comes from!

bonbon6.jpg.95b767f777ec0173d4285be77921472a.jpg

The dog fart coaster - see the train in the background?

bonbon5.jpg.fcac8773616b83bd86b0ee659da129ec.jpg

The dog mascot who poops and farts all around the park!

bonbon4.jpg.44c3200b8f3027553ecc91b84e60c884.jpg

The self-operated coaster was about 15 feet tall and loads of fun, but not a 'credit.' It felt more like a flat ride than a coaster!

bonbon3.jpg.3a7ef35fd40552f86a9c2579a22ab9a4.jpg

Instructions for the "Self-Operated" roller coaster. Could you imagine what would happen if this was allowed in America???

bonbon2.jpg.10fbc7f49ffccd29025e80fd60d1f2e9.jpg

Bon Bon Land's "Peeing Ant."

bonbon1.jpg.07ef5286fc6e7dd2b9603fa961837f65.jpg

Our group photo with us and the guys from www.themepark.dk

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 150 foot tall chair swings that goes 40 MPH!!! Yes! And all that is holding you in is a seatbelt and those little chairswing chains just like the normal versions!

Um... HELL NO!

I've never had to draw the line at a ride, but I think this is where my line would be. Those normal chair swings freak me out. This is absurd. I saw a rendering of this ride years ago, but I never imagined someone would buy one.

-kip-

There's another at Prater in Vienna, they got the first from FunTime Industries (Makers of the Spring Shot Slingshot Ride).

Old Town in Kissimmee was supposed to get one or is still getting one, haven't heard much lately about it, since they already bought the large SpringShot model from them right before IAAPA 2001.

Um... HELL NO!

I've never had to draw the line at a ride, but I think this is where my line would be. Those normal chair swings freak me out. This is absurd. I saw a rendering of this ride years ago, but I never imagined someone would buy one.

-kip-

Wait till you see the video!!!

http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index2.htm is the manufacturer's website. It really does look insane, almost to the point of feeling neg-G's when it goes up-n-down, like the feeling in a strong elevator. (Did you guys ride it Robb? Wondering if it actually does.)

Quick question for those who were at Walibi World on Saturday.

What is that techno song that plays on the space shot? I've been trying to track down a name on that forever, but I've never gotten an answer.

Steve-

Did you get a POV of Dæmonen? I've been looking for a good one for ages!

YES! YES! Little Bimma POV!!!! Please....

Those chair swings, wow. Holy Shit. Regular ones scare me too, pretty bad when they get the tilty thing going. Man 100 foot + on those would just fry my nerves. :shock: I would need to do it. These parks look crazy but so awasome. Tivoli looks like my thing, except for the dancing, *yawn*. But how can they go wrong? They've got a cute bimma!

ride6

What is that techno song that plays on the space shot? I've been trying to track down a name on that forever, but I've never gotten an answer.

Steve-

don't know the name but plse don't tell me you liked it :shock:

Such an irritating eurotrash song. And they are playing it all day long. I really don't understand how those spaceshot ops can bear with that all day (season) long

That wave swinger is actually 280ft. high (tower)...with the seats reaching 230ft. Speed nearly 45 mph.

And a fun fact: Hansa-Park originally opened as the first "outside-of-Denmark" Legoland in 1973. Quite a failure however and the park closed only a few seasons later. It was rethemed, renamed to Hansaland in 1977...then Hansa-Park in 1987.

Lego had more luck in 1996, 1999 and 2002 with the opening of parks in London, California and a second attempt in Germany.

don't know the name but plse don't tell me you liked it :shock:

Such an irritating eurotrash song. And they are playing it all day long. I really don't understand how those spaceshot ops can bear with that all day (season) long

No, I don' t like that song. I was asking so that I could avoid that song and never, never listen to it...

(Here's your sign...)

Can I get a real answer?

Steve-

Steve-

That would be "The Launch", I think it's by DJ Jean.

Now that I've finally got some free time, I can get back upto speed since meeting up at Walibi World last weekend. That was a great day and I'm really glad I went - it worth every penny!

RCDB counts everything as a credit.

If it's totally, or mostly a ride on rails and goes up at least once without the aid of a lifthill or an engine...then it's a coaster.