TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick! I finally got to see your pics! Some amazingly un-flattering pics of all of us!!!

Great stuff! I think I like this one the best:

This one is pretty damn funny too:

Thanks for hanging out with us!

--Robb

I'm glad you enjoyed the Belgian parks.

The TR is so funny. I'ts weird to read that even an American Coasterfan gets so exited about bumpercars (WB) and a totaly wrong dark ride.(Bobbe-yawn-land)

Anyway, hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Hi guys, great TR!

Good that you enjoyed your day at Bobbejaanland or whatever you wanna call it It's the first time I realize how funny or political incorrect (:wink:) "El Paso" is, for us it was something normal to shoot those mexicans and indians I look forward to read your TR of Walibi World!

Grtz

We did another lap around the park taking in some of the flat rides like the Giant Frisbee (why is it that these rides at Cedar Point and PKI seem to have hour long lines, but all the international ones we’ve seen you walk right on them???)

My theory:

You can ride the flat rides at any fair and they're usually better (bigger or better operated) than their park equivalents. I remember riding the Topspin and the Frisbee in Movie Park Germany and they were both a lot less exciting than the fair ones.

I wished more parks had better flat rides like Cyberspace! :love:

http://www.stargate64.de/Cyberspace%20Kaiser/Cyberspace.htm

Thanks for the great trip report, Bobbejaanland brought back cheerful childhood memories *sigh*. Have a good trip to Denmark and see you soon!

Man, you must be having a blast! I wish I could be there, but I'm stuck in Southern California. Hope you're trip gets even better.

Kevin"The mexican readers are probably pissed off at El Paso"Bujold

Sounds like you guys are having a great trip. I enjoyed reading all the TR's so far. I just received my DVD's in the mail today and I really enjoy watching them. Hope you guys have some great weather in the upcoming days.

Shoot the Mexicans is being built in my basement.

I wish it was.

it was the first time for me to meet you all and i hope to see you some day back in bobbejaanland or walibi world or in the usa.

thx to all and special thx to Robb and Elisa

( i'm the one with the dueling dragons t'shirt )

I wished more parks had better flat rides like Cyberspace! :love:

http://www.stargate64.de/Cyberspace%20Kaiser/Cyberspace.htm

Boring, isn't it.

Sorry, I'm just used to the two Eclipses, Cyberspace's Belgian brothers. They do a few killer moves that Cyberspace doesn't do.

EDIT: My mistake, it is as sick as the ones in Belgium. ( http://www.stargate64.de/Cyberspace%20Kaiser/cs15.html ) To bad it didn't do that when I rode it.

I had a great day in WW today. Thanks to everyone who was there.

it was the first time for me to meet you all and i hope to see you some day back in bobbejaanland or walibi world or in the usa.

thx to all and special thx to Robb and Elisa

( i'm the one with the dueling dragons t'shirt )

i have a dueling dragon T-shirt too

you'r in the left on the picture and i'm in the right (with sun glasses for me )

@Wishmaster

I think the rides are completly the same, wether you get a thrill ride or something boring always depends on the operator.

Next time you ride either one of them you should ask the operator to go for a full looping starting at the top; it's really sick to race through the station head first and then back up.

Could do that all day long. I hope they offer day passes next year ^__^

Day Four: Walibi World

Hey everyone! I'm going to have to make this Trip Report a little shorter than normal as I'm sitting in the Hirshtals Ferry Port and I'm not sure how long I can get a wi-fi connection for!

Here are the highlights from our day at Walibi World:

- Meeting up with at least 20 different people! Wow! We had no idea there were this many Europeans that were bored enough to read our site so much!!! It was really awesome meeting up with all of you and thanks for putting up with us and our American behavior! You guys showing us around and helping us out made a great day even better!

- Goliath still kicks ass! In fact, I think it's actually better than I remembered it. When we were here in 2002, we remembered it being not so good in the back, but GREAT in the front. This trip is was GREAT in either the front or the back (allthough I think I still prefered the ejector air in the front)

- Robin Hood ALSO still good! We really feared the Vekoma woodies wouldn't hold up. But both this and Loup Garou are holding up better than most CCI woodies.

- Splash Battle - What a wacky looking ride! Imagine something like Roller Soaker, but not a coaster. Looked like a lot of fun.

- First Ever SLC - Dan and Joey got to ride the first ever SLC and we still ask "They made MORE of them after this one?!?!"

- Crowds, or lack thereof. We really feared that Saturday at this park would be PACKED. We were expecting hour long lines and Tom even quoted us from the day before "If we can get two rides on Goliath, we'll be happy." I'd like to report that we got something like 7 or 8, and we could have even gotten more! Lines were non-existant for the first two hours of the day, and no more than 15 minutes for the remainder.

Overall, we really had a fantastic day at this park. Ok, now onto some photos!!!

ww10.jpg.897f6a378eede30a095b574a4d676cf6.jpg

Joey was happy to see that "Wok", the non-politically correct, stereotypical, highly offensive chinese dragon character had his own coaster here at Walibi World!

ww9.jpg.7c44a6ea11618b2045e1be5c59ee4fb9.jpg

Dan & Joey pay homage to our first European Coaster Odyssey.

ww8.jpg.555e1643e944131d319abc64ca2f2d21.jpg

Tom, one of the guys from www.onride.de who met up with us was smart! Why? Because he DIDN'T ride the first ever SLC! =)

ww7.jpg.c11b34455edc796442aea89c3180d9ff.jpg

The park is nice enough to let you know how many trains they are running...today was TWO! =)

ww6.jpg.ace2ad9e8958811acf562f793dd1ab6b.jpg

Robin Hood, the Vekoma woodie, still holding up better than most CCI woodies.

ww5.jpg.7135177f98457a7c1c70d7c9bbe3a721.jpg

At least 20 people showed up to meet us today! Here's our first group photo.

ww4.jpg.91ec3496a504c837f66db779e98a4108.jpg

Robb & Joachim have fun in the front seat. (woo-hoo!)

ww3.jpg.304a9682ff547b99b23928553f0d9852.jpg

Yeah, this ride still kicks a lot of ass!

ww12.jpg.330c6813a1cb8acd3e77e94037085cd0.jpg

Elissa takes a ride with Tom, Eric, and Rainer!

ww17.jpg.04c53904c57c5106036dc12e671b375b.jpg

Ahh, the real reason we were here, Goliath! A mid-sized Intamin hyper coaster.

ww1.jpg.9ef1a92c557f87ec852fa1f5a639e0c8.jpg

The new entrance to Walibi World. Goodbye Six Flags and hello Kangaroos!

ww11.jpg.77eccc2c2cd98ab4b2bd3ab62b400e75.jpg

As you can see...I was impressed with Wok's coaster also!

Crappy ferry port service died before I could finish the TR! Here's the rest of the photos:

ww13.jpg.7fb9db7aa73cc83491da47625bcc4a39.jpg

Splash Battle! This cool little ride, much like Roller Soaker where EVERYONE around the ride gets wet!

ww14.jpg.2990a497dccc004ce585c8e176e3ea40.jpg

In the petting zoo they had strange animals only found in Holland, like this "Poodle Llama!"

ww16.jpg.cca474ce22d91439224122dad1abcc48.jpg

Here is the human powered "Pull the non-attended raft across the lake using only a rope" ride! This was awesome! Never in American would you see this!

ww15.jpg.ef88d2a6d64e151bb4ade34a1d1f78b0.jpg

Another group phgto! "Non-German Tom" wins the award for longest traveled as he flew from the UK for the meet! Thanks again to everyone who showed up.

ww18.jpg.55708207606291d74e73cc108e33dd75.jpg

We finally found McDonalds! Just outside of Hamburg Germany and what does Elissa order? A Hamburger of course! =)

ww19.jpg.cbeba56162f82a63d846799901775c0b.jpg

Paying homage to Pulp Fiction, Dan orders a "Royale with Cheese!"