TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Vekoma Flyer in China 2008

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^It's at Suzhou Giant Wheel Park in China.

Does anybody else think this thing might be a capacity nightmare? Only eight people can be on the ride at one time!

That's just one big problem I see.

How about how fast it's going to drop down from the half loop into the brakes? Ouch! Talk about a headrush and having your shoulders slammed into the restraints.

-JZ

I'm pretty sure they will probably have it roll on through the station and up the lift hill, only to be reversed, similar to all the boomerangs and the Maurer Sohne Skyloops. I could be wrong, though.

I honestly prefer Vekoma Flyers to B&Ms, outside of Tatsu, so these Sting Rays look pretty freaking cool, but yeah, it seems pretty obvious that the capacity is going to suck. But on the other hand, is there anybody out there who wouldn't prefer to see these compact flyers pop up at small parks instead of Zamperla flyers?

EDIT: I guess so, on that last bit!

But on the other hand, is there anybody out there who wouldn't prefer to see these compact flyers pop up at small parks instead of Zamperla flyers?

Actually, if Steel Hawg is as smooth, and rideable as some people have reported, then I'd rather see those compact models than these new Vekoma flyers.

I'm pretty sure they will probably have it roll on through the station and up the lift hill, only to be reversed, similar to all the boomerangs and the Maurer Sohne Skyloops. I could be wrong, though.

I honestly prefer Vekoma Flyers to B&Ms, outside of Tatsu, so these Sting Rays look pretty freaking cool, but yeah, it seems pretty obvious that the capacity is going to suck. But on the other hand, is there anybody out there who wouldn't prefer to see these compact flyers pop up at small parks instead of Zamperla flyers?

EDIT: I guess so, on that last bit!

Very true! I hadn't thought of that before. Hm, still sounds iffy. I'd like to try it out.

-J 'Love that Firehawk...but not how it operates...' Z

I would imagine it would roll through the station and come back at the end as well. 1.) Vekoma's done it before, 2.) That brake run would KILL if stopped the train, and 3.) a slow descent down that half loop would be one of the most uncomfortable experience on a coaster, being held upside down for a prolonged period of time as your lowered down. Hell, I know plenty of people who hate The Crypt because of that reason, even after the renovation and program change this year.

I think this is going to be a heel of a ride. The horshoe element is one of the coolest elements on a flyer and I think lots of people prefer the Vekoma flyer to the B&M one. Then the outside loop has never been done before which is pretty awesome. If you look real close there is a brakefin in the last turn before the station so the train will start braking from the top one down.

I have been told that this ride could work with two trains of 12 passengers and that the chinese could not affort more vehicles.

This is finally a good and compact flyer affordable for more parks and better than the rough waffel iron from zamperla.

• 1 month later...

From what I understand (and this has proved quite difficult!) the coaster is done. They are still installing other rides in the area. The giant Ferris Wheel (centerpiece of the park) is supposed to open in early 09. The rest of the park is supposed to open around May 09, but I've heard it may open as late as 2010!?!?

If anyone knows more please feel free to post!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...