TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

'Cloverfield' movie thread

onewheeled999

***SPOILOER***

^^Did she not explode? That's what I thought. They held her down, she screamed and then exploded and blood was everywhere. It was great, but I saw it coming haha.

***END SPOILER***

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than being able to call everything and being pissed off b/c it was a "go back to find a girl that i left behind" movie, it was ok

you cannot pull rebar out of the LEFT side of your chest and go down 30 flights of stairs and run away from stuff AND LIVE

I liked the explosions, jets, army scenes and the "flood" ripoff

where did it come from?

SPOILER

Saying spoiler doesn't do anything when you can already see the spoiler text when you read spoiler.

END SPOILER

Yeah but you don't have to read ALL the spoiler text.

It probably wouldn't work with something short like :

****SPOILER*****

THE MOTHER DIES!

****END SPOILER*****

But if its a whole sentence or more it ok, you'd have to go out of your way to take it all in accidentally.

I like when people nitpick little stupid details in a movie and say "OH that's not believable" about battery life of a camera or military procedures, when THE MOVIE IS ABOUT A GIANT MONSTER ATTACKING NEW YORK.

Roger Ebert believes that if you like a movie, you'll tend to overlook details such as the ones Brian pointed out in his posts and just go with it. But if you dislike a movie, you tend to dwell on such details and pick them apart.

Wes's comment here is well taken, as are Brian's comments. As for me, I won't be seeing this until it's out on DVD anyway because excessive, jiggly, handheld camera work makes me sicker than a dog when I catch it on the big screen.

I just watched the film, it didn't make me feel sick on the big screen which I guess is a bonus. Thought it was ok, nothing amazing but its always nice to sit in a theater watching stuff blow up and have the heavy bass shaking the place with the sound of explosions and suchlike.

Overall I'd say its one of those films you can just sit down and enjoy without having to think too much. I think for the way its been filmed/produced from a first person point of view it was really well done, but I probably wouldn't be that bothered about watching it again any time soon.

From the pics and videos I've seen of the monster, the first thing that really comes to my mind is the Forest Spirit, Habai, from Avatar: The Last Airbender. From the last part where it's the close-up shot of the monster's upper-body, they look pretty similar. This is the best video I could find of the Forest Spirit, you should be able to see the comparison a little bit. Sorry that it's an AMV, it's the only one with him in it.

The ending sucked, and I got motion sic from the camera. And what was with the exploding girl.

At first I thought the ending sucked too. But if you look closely, the "thing" is falling into the water in the background. And at the very end of the credits, you can hear this whisper, and if you play it backwards it says, "It's still alive".

I saw this movie a while ago, and I have to say I liked it! I did start feeling nauseous towards the end, but overall it was really good.

One of the things I liked about it is that it felt like you were actually there and it was so intense! I have to admit, I jumped a couple of times.

From the pics and videos I've seen of the monster, the first thing that really comes to my mind is the Forest Spirit, Habai, from Avatar: The Last Airbender. From the last part where it's the close-up shot of the monster's upper-body, they look pretty similar. This is the best video I could find of the Forest Spirit, you should be able to see the comparison a little bit. Sorry that it's an AMV, it's the only one with him in it.

The link doesn't work, but it looks kind of like a praying mantis, but with tentacle things coming from his stomach. I know, bad description.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/bubhui/CLOVEY7.jpg

Pictures speak louder than words.

And what was with the exploding girl.

My sister made this theory up after we left the theatre. After all, that was pretty much the best part of the movie. I laughed. Now I feel like a terrible person. Anyways, here it is...

"When the girl (whose name escapes me) got bitten by the monster's offspring, some sort of chemical in the bite made all of the blood in her body rush to the same place, perhaps her head, since she was bleeding through her eyes, nose and mouth. When the majority of the blood in her body reaches her head, it has to escape to relieve pressure or something, so it left ALL AT ONCE through, like, every open hole in her head. Or it all just exploded. Either way, it was still really cool."

My sister is the weirdest person on the face of the planet.