TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

'Cloverfield' movie thread

onewheeled999

^^I don't remember seeing any Lost reference, but then again I don't watch the show, so I wouldn't know what to look for.

^^Which rendering are you talking about? ...because sfotkid's rendering isn't what the monster looks like.

Warning: If Blair Witch made you sick, there's a very good chance this movie will too. There's a lot more shaking and motion in this movie.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely loved it. It made you feel as you were right along with the crew.

Spoilers. Everyone wants to know. Highlight to see.

The Monster:

It has the body of an iguana. It has two front legs and back legs; and t-rex small pair of arms in the upper middle body. It's teeth are like a barracuda. It's eyes are BLOOD red....and the like...inflate. It's like two hot air balloons. It's tail is very long and very thick. Oh, and it's freaking huge.

The Parasites:

They are small, but large. Small compared to a human, but huge compared to a dog/cat. They are like spiders. They have large, snapping mouths and claws. If you are bitten, within 20 minutes you will begin to bleed from your eyes, nose, and caugh blood. Then you stomach/chest will EXPLODE. Yes. Blood goes everywhere.

What are you waiting for!? Go see it now!!!!!!!

For me and my friends this is one of the worst movies ever!!!. Ok ok the special effects and the monsters are cool, but that doesnt help the baddnes of the overall movie. It was so not worth my 9 dollars.

Joel

PS: I loved blair witch project but not this.

Cloverfield deserves the hype. It is an amazing movie!

The acting was great and the action was INTENSE!!! The guys that made this really set the bar high for themselves but they pulled it off.

If you go to see it. Try to get there early and grab seats as close to the back of the theater as you can, especially if you are prone to motion sickness.

But I could not recommend this movie enough. I want to go see it again.

Wow I went to see this movie last night and I thought it was amazing!

I heard so many people dissing the ending when I left I was just about to burst out and be like "Dude that was amazing how could you think it was crap!"

ATTENTION (SOMEWHAT) SPOILER ALERT*****

I thought it was kind of dumb how it flashed back to the day at Coney Island, I wish it had just shown them nuking Manhattan, though they never really showed how the camera was recovered either, and when they say "She was bitten" did she explode or throw up blood. I wasnt quite sure. My gosh though, EVERYONE was so sucked into that movie that when they were quiet in the tunnel everyone just shutup and watched, and you could hear a pin drop. It was like everyone was in a trance, and I noticed this and just had to stop myself from laughing! And I cracked up at that camera guy, at the "Woah are you aware of Garfield!"

ATTENTION SPOILER ALERT OVER*****

That was the most INTENSE movie I have ever seen, and if you dont like motion sickness, sit in the very back, I did and its much easier to withstand it. And the way they tape it, makes it feel so REAL as if your actually there. All I can say is BRAVO! 10 STARS!!!!!

ATTENTION (SOMEWHAT) SPOILER ALERT*****

I thought it was kind of dumb how it flashed back to the day at Coney Island, I wish it had just shown them nuking Manhattan, though they never really showed how the camera was recovered either, and when they say "She was bitten" did she explode or throw up blood.

***SPOILER ANSWER ALERT***

She explodes.

Awesome movie, intense, funny, dramatic, and the style of shooting really makes you feel like you're part of the movie.

SPOILER

I don't think that they used a nuclear bomb at the end, otherwise they would have been completely vaporized.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

The reason they go back to Coney Island at the very end is because that's what was on the tape before it got recorded over with all the monster stuff. They establish that at the beginning when Rob asks Hud what tape is in the camera. It's the tape of Rob and Beth going to Coney Island.

After the explosion Rob and Beth are buried by the debris from the bridge. I think the debris damages the camera causing it to turn off, leaving that last bit of tape with Rob and Beth on the ferris wheel.

If you look closely at the last scene, when the camera is looking at the water, right by the cruise ship, something falls from the sky. There is debate as to if it was the monster, or a satelite from the company Tangruato. Which, if you followed the viral marketing, is the maker of Slush. And after the credits, you here a voice, and playing it back it says, " Its not dead".

^^Lol.

SPOILER ALERT

I don't understand why people were upset/surprised with the ending. From the instant the movie started, I guessed what was going to happen. The word choice makes it obvious that the film wasn't given to them by those who shot it. "Recovered from the area formerly known as Central Park" is hardly optimistic.

END OF SPOILER

Anywho, I really liked the movie. The way it was shot really enhanced the believable level of the movie. It was very easy to become attached to the characters and worry about their decisions. The movie was somewhat sad, yet it was a very realistic (well, as realistic as a giant monster movie can be) movie that deserves to make a lot of money. I wouldn't mind seeing it again and definitely recommend it to basically everyone. It has every aspect of what makes good movies. There's action, drama, love, etc. and really appeals to all audiences. I'd give it a 9.5/10