TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 157: Kangaroo returning for the 2022 season!

I really don't think there's going to be an overflow problem with the queue for Sky Rocket. I'm sure the last thing the park wants is to have the entrance become all congested. Who knows, they may even install queue rail on the outside to control any overflow (heading around towards the Turnpike's old entrance).

In other news, the great folks at KPConnection have posted yet another update showing off the completed launch track and new supports. Check it out! 4/20 Construction Update By the looks of where the big crane is situated, I'm assuming the last thing that will be constructed will be the first hill/drop.

Can't wait to see the fully constructed product!!

^ You can find a nice Panorama of the entrance area from inside the park here.

www.acewesternpa.org/9.html

It does look very different though and shame they could not save the Co Go sign, I think that is what I will miss most when all is said and done.

The Co Go's sign should be making a reappearance on another ride somewhere in the park from what I've heard.

^ You can find a nice Panorama of the entrance area from inside the park here.

www.acewesternpa.org/9.html

It does look very different though and shame they could not save the Co Go sign, I think that is what I will miss most when all is said and done.

The Co Go's sign should be making a reappearance on another ride somewhere in the park from what I've heard.

Oh I hope so... It seemed as much as Kennywood as the Turtle IMO

Could the sign be placed at Auto Race or OKRR

I think someone said the Auto Race received a face lift this year and the CoGo's sign would be going there.

As for Sky Rocket, there's a rather big update posted over at Kennyood Connection.

Check out the full update here: http://www.kpconnection.com/cu423.shtml

Edited by EastCoastn07

I am sure people thought the Steel Phantom; at first, looked out of place, but everyone got used to it real quickly.

I know I said this area of the park won't look the same due to the turnpike leaving, but I won't have a final say on how I feel when I see it in person and ride the Sky Rocket. I am also wondering about how the sound of the launch will affect the atmosphere. I think it will make the entrance a little more exciting going into the park and I wonder if it will be amplified in the tunnel.

Just wanted to poke into this thread and say hello. I just moved to Pittsburgh back in August, so my new home park is now Kennywood. I already got my Season Pass and am ready to start riding! Maybe I can meet some of you on the midways. My wife isn't as big of a coaster nerd as I am, so I will be visiting the park by myself quite a bit. Maybe I can meet some new friends through all of it. I'm your normal 26 year old guy, and will be going to the park most Fridays. Send me a PM or add me on FB if any of you want to meet up at the park sometime. I can't wait to hear Laffin' Sal's cackle again...

I 'm so glad to see a) Kennywood get a new coaster and b) Premier Rides build a pretty significant new ride. They really haven't done anything "big" since Speed: The Ride. I've only been on two of the Backlot coasters, flight of fear, and speed the ride, but they are all really smooth and enjoyable.

I 'm so glad to see a) Kennywood get a new coaster and b) Premier Rides build a pretty significant new ride. They really haven't done anything "big" since Speed: The Ride. I've only been on two of the Backlot coasters, flight of fear, and speed the ride, but they are all really smooth and enjoyable.

In all fairness, I'd conisder three Mummy coasters to be pretty significant. In fact, I'll bet you anything that Mummy gets more riders each year than ANY of their other attractions.

And don't forget they also recently built at least two rides for Hard Rock Park. People just forget about them for...well...obvious reasons!

But I agree. It's great to see another Premiere ride that has some "visibility."

--Robb

Another update was put up over at Kennywood Connection. The turn up to the MCBR and second drop are now complete and it looks to me that they have just about all the supports up now with the exception of the first hill and barrel roll. Also the LSM motors are now installed as well. You can check out the update below.

http://kpconnection.com/cu427.shtml

427-2.jpg.849253a9ee5b2b2a23bae1cb94f829fc.jpg

Work has started on the second drop supports.

427-19.jpg.cde3f52867d5925c16c7faee93080880.jpg

Overview of the construction site from outside the park.