TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

But the capacity thought was my first thought too, there's no way in hell you can keep a line running efficiently with 2, 12 people trains

The same was said about Fahrenheit, and it seems to be doing just fine. Also, Back Lot Stunt Coasters (a Premier coaster) use 12 person trains and the line is constantly moving, even when only using 2 trains. There are 3 BLSCs, so this isn't Premier's "first rodeo," if you will.

Also, Kennywood isn't a huge park. Some of you act like they are going to be dealing with Cedar Point-type crowds.

For those so worried about capacity, you seem to forget about Phantom's Revenge's first season. They operated with one train all season long (28 riders) and it's a full minute and ten seconds longer than the new coaster. I really don't see the issue with the capacity. I just hope the park purchases another train down the line just in case one of the other trains acts up. It would be really bad if the coaster ever has to operate with only one train during its first season.

With a mid course break and a final break run, I don't see why they can't have three trains. I really hope the park has a plan to keep the line moving.

You need one more block than you have trains in every coaster. This is a safety measure to ensure there is one empty block between each train to prevent crashes. Why don't people know this???

The same was said about Fahrenheit, and it seems to be doing just fine. Also, Back Lot Stunt Coasters (a Premier coaster) use 12 person trains and the line is constantly moving, even when only using 2 trains. There are 3 BLSCs, so this isn't Premier's "first rodeo," if you will.

Also, Kennywood isn't a huge park. Some of you act like they are going to be dealing with Cedar Point-type crowds.

That might be true with two trains, but with one train its slow as molasses. I would know, this happened to me the last time I was at Kings Island and it wasn't even crowded.

And while Kennywood might not be a huge park, you're forgetting about the crowds Phantom's Revenge pulled its first year or so. I remember waiting 2-3 hours to get on it the first season maybe even more. While the one train op might have contributed to the long lines, the park definitely pulled big crowds that season.

Whoever made that recreation in No Limits should really be ashamed of themselves. Rest assured guys, the coaster isn't really going to look like that. It looks a lot different (and nicer!) in the images provided by Premier.

Can we see these images provided by Premier, or get a link to them?

No, what the park and the news released is all you get (or until more is released)...I was just fortunate to see some of the other stuff.

Honestly, the picture below is probably the most accurate, I just can't seem to find a larger image of it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20090812brk_kennywood_newride2_160_a.jpg

Sounds good. Kennywood is one of the loveliest parks I've ever set foot in so as long as it doesn't really hurt the surrounding atmosphere I'm really fine with whatever they build. This doesn't sound like something worth traveling for except that it will make the lines longer for all the stuff that is worth traveling for!

I wouldn't worry about that NL rendition, somebody at Kennywood probably downloaded it 2 days before the announcement, got a novice sense of the program and rushed a model of the ride to put out with the press release. Unfortunately I doubt they are going to put out a more accurate model, we're probably just gonna have to watch the construction progress to get a better sense of the layout.

I wouldn't worry about that NL rendition, somebody at Kennywood probably downloaded it 2 days before the announcement, got a novice sense of the program and rushed a model of the ride to put out with the press release. Unfortunately I doubt they are going to put out a more accurate model, we're probably just gonna have to watch the construction progress to get a better sense of the layout.

No I'm pretty sure this renderings came from someone at Premier Rides or maybe even someone on the outside who was contacted to make a recreation. I really don't think some at Kennywood did this lol. But like I said, there are other images out there that depict this coaster more realistically and that's why I said the rendering is really bad.

Also, I was really surprised at the lack of images and renderings the park put out there. For being such a major announcement you'd think they have a little more than 2-3 photos spread between the different news stations and a video that doesn't even show the entire layout. I know how the coaster is going to be positioned as well as what the entire layout is going to look like since I've seen other images and renderings of the ride, but it's really hard to get a feel for it just based on the stuff they've posted on the news so far.