TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

End Zone Cafe did open (and the food was quite good in my opinion!), but not the experience building or games. Even if they do get Steel Curtain open this year, the experience building still won't open due to social distancing restrictions.

Steel Curtain did start testing this past week. Looking like it could be any time now.
I haven't been to the park yet this year, but are you absolutely sure this happened? The coaster doesn't seem to have a reopening in sight.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

They have been running trains on several days the last few weeks. But, unfortunately, it's not opening soon. The coaster event in two weeks had the ERT moved to a different coaster b/c they don't expect SC to be running.

They have been running trains on several days the last few weeks. But, unfortunately, it's not opening soon. The coaster event in two weeks had the ERT moved to a different coaster b/c they don't expect SC to be running.

Any idea whats going on with it?

Kennywood is definitely hurting hard for guests Tickets are all the way down at $23. That is cheaper than *discount* night rider tickets usually are during Fall Fantasy Parades. I know not everything is open. But they've been steadily dropping prices from $32. I won't be visiting this year. But I feel for them and am bummed the Jack Rabbit's 100th anniversary cannot be properly celebrated.

How privileged that two (and a half) super awesome woodies, Phantom's Revenge (for those that praise it), some cool dark rides, and a bunch of classic rides you can't find elsewhere aren't enough to convince you to make a 30 min drive. Yeah, I was overall unimpressed with Kennywood when I was there in 2017, but to not go just because one coaster is closed when you live that close and they probably are desperate for any kind income is kinda crazy.

Meanwhile, I've driven 9 hours for second time this summer just to get a night ride on Beast and a chance at getting on Dragster. Different priorities I guess.

Enjoy what you can while you can. COVID might not be going away as soon as we all hope.

I feel that once you get past the charm, Kennywood is not that exciting of a park. I'm ready and raring to make the 15 min drive to the park and give them my money...as soon as Steel Curtain opens.

As someone who drove all the way from Michigan to visit Kennywood I was very impressed by it. It had its own cool vibe to it. A great collection of flat rides and a couple really really good coasters

No Bayern Kurve... no deal. Why is everyone up in arms about Steel Curtain, Bayern should be the real ride to cry about.

*HOOOOOOOORRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*

Edit: Nevermind it's not on the closed list. I was just going based on the post above. In that case, let's go!

I feel that once you get past the charm, Kennywood is not that exciting of a park. I'm ready and raring to make the 15 min drive to the park and give them my money...as soon as Steel Curtain opens.

As someone who drove all the way from Michigan to visit Kennywood I was very impressed by it. It had its own cool vibe to it. A great collection of flat rides and a couple really really good coasters

That's great! I'm glad you liked it! Unfortunately, I don't feel the same way, but I'm excited to eventually try out Steel Curtain.

Roughly how long have the waits been on Saturdays this year at Kennywood? I'm planning on visiting Cedar Point the Friday before (I want to avoid Cedar Point on a Saturday with FastLane unavailable).

And is Kennywood offering the skip the line pass this year?

No Bayern Kurve... no deal. Why is everyone up in arms about Steel Curtain, Bayern should be the real ride to cry about.

*HOOOOOOOORRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*

Edit: Nevermind it's not on the closed list. I was just going based on the post above. In that case, let's go!

Correct... Bayern Kurve is now open!!

Bayern Kurve on Sunday was good stuff. Had never been on one and typically wouldn't, but it's rare and I've heard so much praise about it. Glad I did. It's fairly intense and made me smile. We did more flats than normal. The Whip is always fun, too.

Phantom always delivers. Rode it a bunch. Sky Rocket was one train ops and a 45+ min wait, so I skipped it to ride the others more. Been on it before and would rather ride JR a couple more times.

Other than SR, lines were 5-15 minutes most of the day for everything else.

• 2 weeks later...