TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Sorry if I misinterpreted your writing as fact.

So let me get this straight: There is a rumor that RMC was at the park. There is a rumor that the layout shown at the town council meeting looks like an RMC. And the conclusion is that the coaster is an RMC.

Even if both statements are fact (which you say they are not); RMC could have been at the park the analyze the landscape during the RFP process for the 2018-9 project or possibly a future project. Even if they were analyzing the landscape for the 2018 coaster that does not mean they were the selected company.

Regarding the layout, companies evolve and borrow techniques from other companies to stay current all the time.

And on top of all this, we don't even know if the proposed coaster was approved with the original design. Even if RMC was intended to be the original designer, Kennywood may have had to go with a fall back plan (even secondary company) if the original layout was not approved.

Until there is more proof (any any proof) RMC's currrent stake in this project is not known.

Absolutely. I was simply pointing out why the RMC rumor exists, not stating any validity on the rumor.

For your own reference, we have this image from the meeting. Apparently this proposal was for 2018. I have no idea what the status of this is.

And we have two separate accounts of RMC workers being present at the park. One states seeing both Fred Grubb and Alan Schilke at the park last fall. The other comes from a youtube channel who posted a video of "RMC markers" on some trees and RMC construction workers at the park [This was this past week]. The park then asked him to take down the video. I'm not saying this is proof of anything, but attaching RMC to this project in some way is definitely more than wishful thinking like the Legocraft implied.

^Thanks for the clarification. I knew about the visit in the fall and to me that only means that RMC was part of the RFP for the new coaster. No matter the amount of technology available today a personal visit is always necessary. Business revolves around relationships.

I missed the part about the recent RMC markers (or proof that they were RMC markers) along workers at the park last week. I thought the reference to RMC employees in the park was still a fall 2016 event.

Edited by larrygator

^Thanks for the clarification. I knew about the visit in the fall and to me that only means that RMC was part of the RFP for the new coaster. No matter the amount of technology available today a personal visit is always necessary. Business revolves around relationships.

I missed the part about the recent RMC markers (or proof that they were RMC markers) along workers at the park last week. I thought the reference to RMC employees in the park was still a fall 2016 event.

Totally agree with the first part. And I never saw this video so I'm skeptical of its legitimacy. Although if the park actually sent a cease and desist (on account of secret info and not trespassing or something else), that could mean something is actually happening.

So, on a different topic...

I was talking to my son about Noah's Ark at Kennywood, and what a crazy (and seemingly dangerous at times) fun house type attraction it was to go through, which prompted him to look up YouTube videos on it. However, after watching the first one he found, it clearly wasn't the Noah's Ark I remembered, and I discovered that they updated it going into the 2016 season. So I had him watch a video from 9 years ago, which more closely resembled the Ark I recalled. However, I do not remember the Freight Elevator beginning, or the ending with the water that went along with that. My memory was just walking into Noah's Ark, and then walking out, no elaborate theme at the beginning or end. I went to Kennywood last in 2011. Was there some intermediate stage of the Ark where it no longer had the Elevator theme going, and you just entered the attraction directly, before the remodel after 2015? Or is my memory truly deserting me in my rapidly advancing age?

I was talking to my son about Noah's Ark at Kennywood, and what a crazy (and seemingly dangerous at times) fun house type attraction it was to go through

Sorry, I don't have answers to your questions, but for Halloween you can purchase a ticket to "Ark in the Dark" and do the entire attraction in pitch black. Unless they've had a lawsuit by now, lol. They told us there would be a little bit of light on the stairs but it was pitch black there too when we did it. Tons of fun!

I was talking to my son about Noah's Ark at Kennywood, and what a crazy (and seemingly dangerous at times) fun house type attraction it was to go through, which prompted him to look up YouTube videos on it. However, after watching the first one he found, it clearly wasn't the Noah's Ark I remembered, and I discovered that they updated it going into the 2016 season. So I had him watch a video from 9 years ago, which more closely resembled the Ark I recalled. However, I do not remember the Freight Elevator beginning, or the ending with the water that went along with that. My memory was just walking into Noah's Ark, and then walking out, no elaborate theme at the beginning or end. I went to Kennywood last in 2011. Was there some intermediate stage of the Ark where it no longer had the Elevator theme going, and you just entered the attraction directly, before the remodel after 2015? Or is my memory truly deserting me in my rapidly advancing age?

I was just at Kennywood 10 days ago. There is no elevator section and the attraction is absolutely a lawsuit waiting to happen. You just walk in and the madness begins. There are no signs out front that we saw saying caution and the attraction is not for anyone but an extremely healthy person with full mobility and no issues with disorienting experiences. The floors vibrate, rock, tilt, shake, they have those rolling barrels with spinning spirals over walkways that you have to run across, and there are no signs until the very end that someone may have a seizure or struggle. If someone was in a walking boot, for example, they wouldn't be able to get across the multiple shaking floors because those things are seriously shaking. I'm prone to motion sickness and get easily disoriented so ended up doing half the darn thing with my hands over my eyes like racing horse blinker because my brain honestly did not know what planet I was on. That being said, the very last part was the best decorated area.

I was just at Kennywood 10 days ago. There is no elevator section and the attraction is absolutely a lawsuit waiting to happen. You just walk in and the madness begins. There are no signs out front that we saw saying caution and the attraction is not for anyone but an extremely healthy person with full mobility and no issues with disorienting experiences. The floors vibrate, rock, tilt, shake, they have those rolling barrels with spinning spirals over walkways that you have to run across, and there are no signs until the very end that someone may have a seizure or struggle. If someone was in a walking boot, for example, they wouldn't be able to get across the multiple shaking floors because those things are seriously shaking. I'm prone to motion sickness and get easily disoriented so ended up doing half the darn thing with my hands over my eyes like racing horse blinker because my brain honestly did not know what planet I was on. That being said, the very last part was the best decorated area.

The elevator stunt was removed when the whale returned last year. It was added many years ago during a prior refurb project.

There is an employee at the entrance that should be advising guests as they enter. Someone incapable of using steps or navigating the layout should not be permitted to enter.

There are no signs out front that we saw saying caution and the attraction is not for anyone but an extremely healthy person with full mobility and no issues with disorienting experiences. The floors vibrate, rock, tilt, shake, they have those rolling barrels with spinning spirals over walkways that you have to run across, and there are no signs until the very end that someone may have a seizure or struggle.

DSC05003.thumb.JPG.1c1a128c1be909e29377d1f6885d0b0b.JPG

I know that nobody reads the signs, but if you are unsure what an attraction is, or know you can't handle certain experiences, you should read the signs at the entrance or ask someone; you can't expect a ride employee to explain the attraction to everyone coming through.

I know that nobody reads the signs, but if you are unsure what an attraction is, or know you can't handle certain experiences, you should read the signs at the entrance or ask someone; you can't expect a ride employee to explain the attraction to everyone coming through.

I know they get looked over, but those signs are there for a reason!

I most definitely did not see that sign. It's surely there - but it was ungodly hot outside and KW was slammed with people so it was probably easily missed.

Here's a video of Coaster Studios talking about spotting "two RMC employees carrying a binder" at Kennywood a week or two ago.

Take it with a grain of salt. He's the one actively perpetuating the "Lightning Rod's launch was turned down and the ride sucks" rumor last weekend.

I need to buy an RMC polo and then go to random parks holding a clipboard, looking at wood coasters and pretending to take notes.

Please do this.

Here's a video of Coaster Studios talking about spotting "two RMC employees carrying a binder" at Kennywood a week or two ago.

Take it with a grain of salt. He's the one actively perpetuating the "Lightning Rod's launch was turned down and the ride sucks" rumor last weekend.

It's not a rumor actually. Lightning Rod was down for about 2 weeks and many people have commented on the launch being part of the problem. RMC has probably learned their lesson that launch RMC's are pretty unreliable, LR is down all the time, worse than accelerator coasters like TTD and Kingda Ka. LR will go down for days or just not open for the day. When you plan to go to Dollywood your odds of it being down are pretty high.

Hey people,

Oftenly known in the Coaster Community as Coaster Studios's #1 hater, I felt the need to chime in. The number of things that would have to line up just right, is beyond the realm of reality.

Here's everything that would have to happen in under 10 minutes to make this plausible:

-Taylor walks through a fairly dead part of the park

-2 RMC employees just magically happen to be right there

-Those 2 RMC employees have no NDA and openly share details

-Taylor grabs a photo of them magically without their knowlege

-Taylor posts the photo

-Taylor happens to see a tree that isn't just marked with a little string, but specifically says RMC. (That's like instead of red tagging a tree to be removed for a house, tagging it: 2 story, 4 bed, 3 bath, large backyard house)

-RMC sees the photo and asks him to take it down

-He happens to check his messages and sees this

-He responds and takes it down

Coaster Bill is more likely to be pleased with La Ronde than all those things happening in a mere 10 minutes. This just seems like a super sketchy thing set up to get his channel publicity and it appears to be working.

Wasn't he the person who said the following things:

-I have an extremely reliable source that says Intimidator 232 and Intimidator 305 will be renamed Centurion and Fury 325

-Lightning Rod's launch was slowed down, later changed to (becuase he was caught being wrong), it's the same launch into trims (also false)

-I have a top secret source that says Banshee at Kings Island will be a launched wing coaster

Yeah, I didn't think any of those things were true either...

Hi everyone, I'm planning on going to kennywood between July 27th-31st. I would like to go on a weekday if possible. Hopefully on the 28th or 29th. How are the crowds on Thursdays and Fridays during the summer? Do I need to worry about getting the Vip coaster pass?

Any suggestions and tips will be awesome!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I'm planning on going to kennywood between July 27th-31st. I would like to go on a weekday if possible. Hopefully on the 28th or 29th. How are the crowds on Thursdays and Fridays during the summer? Do I need to worry about getting the Vip coaster pass?

Any suggestions and tips will be awesome!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The last few times I've been were on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and crowds weren't bad at all. I've been able to do pretty much everything in the park with hours to spare. Generally you'll have lines for Exterminator and Black Widow, so get to them first before crowds build up; Phantom and Ghostwood Estates will have minor lines, the raft ride will if it's hot; other than that, my experience is most things are nearly walk ons on weekdays.