TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kids Thrown Out Of Disney World

A group of young athletes was kicked out of Walt Disney World in the middle of the night Saturday.

Disney made the decision to kick out three teams participating in the Pop Warner Super Bowl competition -- two from Hawaii and one from Baltimore -- because of a fight between some of their athletes.

According to Disney, the policy written for group packages states everyone will be forced to leave even if one member of the party is involved in a violent act on property.

However, parents said the way they were treated just wasn't right.

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have. They could have said look you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning. Then our babies. We have one year old, two year old, three year olds, that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawaii team.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/12/9/pop_warner_teams_thrown_out_of_disney.html

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always amazed when parents try to defend the actions of their children and blame everyone but themselves. They raise them and they SHOULD be responsible for their actions at all times.

Sorry...just my two cents when I deal with unruly kids all the time at the parks, and some parents are oblivious to it.

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have. They could have said look you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning. Then our babies. We have one year old, two year old, three year olds, that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawaii team.

Once a group has crossed the line into starting a stupid jock fight on property, that group has to be removed post-haste. It's about protecting the other guests from these a$$hats, not about the convenience of the idiots messing up everyone else's vacation.

This moron also has no concept of liability. If those animals attacked other guests after the first brawl Disney would have been liable for not removing obviously dangerous persons.

I was staying at All-Star Sports during the week Pop Warner football players/cheerleaders were there. I have never seen so many security guards roaming around at a Disney resort. Throughout the week, I’ve seen numerous incidents where security guards were breaking up altercations. The parents of these players need to know the rules, and not let them run around creating problems.

I'm always amazed when parents try to defend the actions of their children and blame everyone but themselves. They raise them and they SHOULD be responsible for their actions at all times.

You are right, John. I also saw a lot in the 15 month I have been working there. So, Disney would not do that, if there is not a good reason.

--Soren

I heard about that...Glad I work at the Boardwalk where people who go to those things cant afford to stay there. I think it was at Pop Century, right? I'll have to ask my manager about it who also works at Pop Century. I am glad they are gone. Everyone just gets pissed off by them. They think they get special privelages because they are in that stupid thing. The parents are just as bad.

Sounds like the parents on the trip wasn't really watching and some kids on the team doesn't know what curfew is. It surprises me how many times when I'm out being bad , I see so many underaged kids are roaming the streets late at night. There's nothing to do then but get into trouble that late at night. But that's all a parental issue... you know their parents isn't watching them at home; what makes you think guardians will have any better luck?

But it sounds like Disney was sending a strong message about tolerating violence on their property: watch your kids and make them behave or get out now. And I don't mind that at all, 'cause unless some people are shown consequences, they don't know how to act when they go out in public. I know some kids won't be on the team next year.

Terry

^hahaha!

I believe that these kids deserved it, afterall I'm sure that they were warned that they would be kicked out if they were to be a part of any "violent acts", I dont blame the parents for being upset, but I think Disney did the right thing, especially since they are promoting a family-friendly environment.

These parents shouldn't be complaining about the way Disney handled things, they should be punishing their kids for not behaving and selfishly ruining things for everyone in the group. Oh I'm sorry ma'm, you're upset that you have to leave in the middle of the night? Maybe if you raised your kids properly, we wouldn't have this problem to begin with.

The problem is that parents who point the finger at authority when their kids get in trouble, send the wrong message to the kids causing the problems. It doesn't teach them to take responsibility for their actions, it teaches them "hey, I can act unruly and blame someone else!"

Kids actions typically reflect their parenting, seems this was the case here as well.

Thank you Disney. Keep it classy!

It is a shame if innocent people are forced to leave due to the actions of others, but, as Disney said, if their policy is to eject whole groups then I am glad they stuck to that. There is no excuse for violent behaviour, and I'm not surprised Disney take swift action to avoid further problems.

If the groups were told to leave in the morning, thats a lot of time for them to either fight more, or cause general disruption on the resort. As many have said, the parents shouldn't be moaning about the way it was handled.

I'm sure the fact that Disney is, and remains, a family friendly environment is more important than the view of a few people who think they were treated unfairly after being involved in violent incidents on Disney property. After all, I would say a massive majority of visitors would agree with the way it was handled.

A group of young athletes was kicked out of Walt Disney World in the middle of the night Saturday.

Lmao, shouldn't Journalists at least have done Primary School English?

LMAO! That's actually correct. If you take out all the prepositional phrases in the sentence, you get...

A group was kicked out.

There's your primary English lesson for today! (snicker)

New details shed more light on what went down. Sounds like they were indeed originally given a slap on the wrist, but insisted on continuing their grudge till 1am. Can't blame Disney one bit for their zero tolerance policy in this situation:

Disney cast member familiar with the situation informed MousePlanet that the All-Star Music front desk received a call at around 11:45 p.m. Friday night that there was an altercation at the arcade, and that there were 90-100 teenagers involved in a serious fight. There were reports of adults hitting kids. Three security guards and a security manager responded and broke up the fight after midnight. The Osceola County Sheriff's Office was called and deputies interviewed participants to try to determine how the incident started. Due to conflicting stories, no charges were lodged. All of those involved were sent back to their rooms.

The members of the three teams involved were all disobeying the Pop Warner "quiet hours" curfew that began at 10 p.m., as noted in a Disney information packet sent to all participating teams.

Around 1 a.m. Saturday morning, the fight started again in buildings 3 and 6, with approximately 100-110 people involved. The front desk was called by families not involved with Pop Warner, claiming that it was close to riot conditions and that they wanted to check out immediately to get away from the situation. Sheriff's deputies, along with Disney security staff, stopped the fight again. One boy from the Kahalu'u team had his nose broken and went to the hospital. There were no other reported serious injuries.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd071217mg

Oh no their babies were crying. They must have been scarred for life....