TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Splinter fx coaster being a great fit for Holiday World! And not just because HW has gone with GG for Voyage in the past. A family-themed dark ride/roller coaster just reeks HW to me. And if they could squeeze it, (geographically), into Halloween...even better!

Coming this afternoon and over the next 5 days in Shane's Amusement Attic...a very special 5-part mini series, "Memories of Opryland"

I will be presenting over the next 5 days the wonderful program that aired on Nashville's PBS station.

If you are a fan of Opryland or never got the chance to visit this unique park you MUST see this program.

-Shane

351178852_oprylandmemories2.thumb.jpg.afef5ba2c0eca011eca730869e4a34e7.jpg

1555925496_OprylandMemories1.thumb.jpg.7c170bcaf8c68e05fabae4c60fb04f35.jpg

Great stuff as always Shane. My family almost took a long side trip when visiting my cousin stationed at Fort Campbell in 1980 (we went to Monmouth Caves instead)

I remember the days when most amusement parks (including Magic Knigdom) had those fruit shaped drink containers.

Ah the good old days!

The production cost of creating, directing and staffing all those shows must have been off the charts! I wonder if the costs of running and maintaining a signature ride is about the same as one of their shows.

Anyone have any insight on this???

The production cost of creating, directing and staffing all those shows must have been off the charts! I wonder if the costs of running and maintaining a signature ride is about the same as one of their shows.

Anyone have any insight on this???

I know when Mark and Christy were at Lagoon, Rock U2 The Top and the Night Show in Music USA each had a Budget of more than 250K Each!

What an awesome program Shane. I am now so sad to be living here without having this wonderful park. I actually was down at the Opryland Hotel today. We had to walk by the old Grizzly River Rampage area to get to the hotel. The entire ride still exists.

Guy "Next time I go over there, I will take pictures." Koepp