TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KENNYWOOD MEMORIES

Part 5

I love a park that has it's own slang...do you know what it means when someone says, "Kennywood's open?" Well put on your best 1980 "mall bangs" and join me as we look at this installment of Kennywood Memories.

What is it like to be Kenny Kangaroo?

What does Naomi Jones do with all those lost articles?

What are Italian days and where is all this "necking" taking place?

All these questions and more will be answered in Kennywood Memories Part 5. What I want to know is what are these kids teaching Naomi????

click on links below to see

Kennywood Memories: Part 1

Kennywood Memories: Part 2

Kennywood Memories: Part 3

Kennywood Memories: Part 4

Kennywood Memories: Part 5

Also...if you are enjoying "Kennywood Memories" click on over to

Mark's Postcard Paradise

to enjoy a few Kennywood post cards from mine and others collections.

KENNYWOOD MEMORIES

Part 6

They say the Thunderbolt is the heart of Kennywood but the Carousel is it's soul.

This is my favorite segment of this program. Part 6 really focuses on what Kennywood is famous for...the Coasters. The Racer, Thunderbolt and even the "3...2...1...GO!" Laser Loop!

Kennywood Memories: Part 6

PS- I am sorry to say that the audio cuts out for a little bit towards the end. That is what happens with video tape and many, many years

Mark's Postcard Paradise

^ Thanks Sean for your comment, while I am not Katie Couric or Kelly Ripa, I am glad I have made your mornings more enjoyable.

Programming Note: I am going to a Ben Folds Concert tonight, so I expect that the final installment may not be so early tomorrow, it may be an evening edition.

Thanks everyone for tuning in!

Hope you had fun at the concert!

Just a running total since the week long mini series started.

Before the mini series - Big Mike 9000 behind

Right now Big Mike 14000 behind.

Ouch!

Mini series = ratings gold mine

Peace, Big Mike

Thanks for keeping track Big Mike, Boy I had no idea what "ratings gold" the mini-series would be.

KENNYWOOD MEMORIES

Part 6

I am sorry to post the last installment of Kennywood Memories so late, but as mentioned I drove in to LA last night to see Ben Fold (Best concert ever!!!!). Traffic in and around LA was crazy due to all the fires so I got home much later than expected.

Here is the conclusion of Kennywood Memories. This program was great fun to watch and after watching it and seeing all the great postcards over in Mark's postcard paradise I know Kennywood is going to be on my list of parks to visit in 09'...it has been too long!

Kennywood Memories: Part 6

Kennywood Memories: Part 7

Mark's Postcard Paradise

I absolutely love this thread, and especially your segment on Kennywood. I just love that park and I was only there for the afternoon to take it all in. The Jackrabbit is such an awesome ride and boy does that double dip get you! It almost scared the pants off me.

On another note...Ben Folds rocks I saw him in concert with the Philly orchestra, all I could say was wow just imagine any of your favorite songs by him but with the full harmony of an orchestra and brass section. Is he touring with Regina Specktor because of his new single You Don't Know Me?

Is it possible to have nostalgic feelings for a park first visited only four months ago? Having known of Kennywood for about thirty years now, I finally got there this past July, twice in one week: on a Tuesday (Italian Day!) and Saturday. It did not disappoint. It's obvious that the operators cherish the park's history. I hope the new owners will continue with this philosophy.

I have a few photos I'd like to share. Is this an appropriate thread? Or would Remembering the 2008 Roller Coaster Season! be better?

200265566_PITjuly2008066.jpg.e98ae021a0d3f82868efe238f9a5e932.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm......

Thanks Shane for the Kennywood Memories! I still had to watch it again. LOL It really was such a HUGE part of my childhood and ended up working there for 2 seasons. When I lived in PGH, everyone thought I was nuts because I went to the park weekly, all the way up until I left in 1992.

I'm actually waiting to see what is coming for '09 before deciding to plan a trip up there or not, may have to wait until 2010, since from what I hear, '09 is going to be a "slow year" for KW, and they're just bringing back an old ride from storage. (See guys, the new company is just like the old guard, nothing has changed, thank gawd!!!)

But I still can't wait to go back! Maybe I'll finally get to do a real photo trip report for a change.

Thank goodness the mini series is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled another Find the Ducky game out of the bag, and add that to the mini series ending and a quick 2000 views is recouped!!

Don't look in your rear view mirror, there is a freight train coming to get ya!!! hehe

15 215902 Shane's Amusement Attic

16 203892 The BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW 2008 - PTR's of 105 parks! We did it!

Love ya, Big Mike

^ you spoke too soon Big Mike, The Kennywood Memories mini-series IS NOT OVER YET! Yes just this morning my DVD version arrived in the mail so I am pleased to present

KENNYWOOD MEMORIES BONUS MATERIAL

Part 1

KENNYWOOD MEMORIES BONUS MATERIAL

Part 2

^ you spoke too soon Big Mike, The Kennywood Memories mini-series IS NOT OVER YET!

In that case, here are a few more reasons to visit Kennywood.

1848978626_PITjuly2008063copy.jpg.160ce7d8295b090dcb6111699474c807.jpg

Phantom's Revenge

1654018319_PITjuly2008409.jpg.01cca8cc2686e3a80cf11e28b418bbb2.jpg

tasty treats around every corner

975790068_PITjuly2008420.jpg.51211b1e733c759c04094dd916323833.jpg

Auto Race - is this the only remaining Harry Traver ride of this type?

462098913_PITjuly2008414.jpg.3af41be2e99abac216474e266aa24df0.jpg

Racer

^ you spoke too soon Big Mike, The Kennywood Memories mini-series IS NOT OVER YET!

Are those pictures you took yorself? They are awesome! I like those dusk shots with all the shinny lights! Thanks for adding those!

Are those pictures you took yorself? They are awesome! I like those dusk shots with all the shinny lights! Thanks for adding those!

Yes, taken with my little no-frills digital camera while there July 15 & 19. Met a Hersyeypark employee while in line for Phantom the last night. I think Kennycon was the next day? He said the two parks have an agreement that allows Kennywood emplyees free admission Hersheypark, and vice versa. While I've been to HP several times, and like it very much, Kennywood seems to be more interested in retaining a nostalgic charm, especially evident at night.

On this trip I hit all the western Pennsylvania parks, even stopping by Conneaut Lake Park for a look. Waldameer is another very charming park. And Idlewild!

Awww, come on!!!

That's cheating!

I move to ban all mini-series!!!

I think there is a rule that says a "MINI" series can't go on for 8 days running!!

Peace, Big Mike

I dunno man... Can't seem to ever get enough Kennywood