TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

Yee Haw! There's parks in them thar hills! Here's a couple commercials from some Hillbilly Parks...

Silver Dollar City

...and here is proof that Dogatch USA was actually more than just a Hillbilly legend. Check out the entertainment lineup the park offered: Alvin, Batman (the cheesy one) and the ever regal BOZO. There is also a quick shot on of a truly unique lost credit

Dogpatch USA

Those Chance Toboggans popped up everywhere! I wish they could've stretched out that final speed bump segment to make it less harsh. They're interesting, though claustrophobic little rides.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have those Darien Lake commercials for the Predator with the guy rowing a boat through a swamp?

Or the older ones with the Darien Lake song? "...if you've heard more laughter than you've ever heard, it mus be Darien Lake..."

Or the truly retro-classic comericials for people in the Buffalo area- the 1970's/1980's commercials for Fantasy Island- "Fun...Wow!"

EDIT: Found a funny page in reference to Fun? Wow: http://www.heynorton.org/2006/06/08/fun-wow/

SFMM PSYCLONE

If you liked the psyclone commercial on page 56 here is another version only much more mysterious...

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Also here is the other version of the "Building a Better Mountain" commercial that is posted on page 60

That iron dragon commercial is really cheesy. It's amazing to think that they thought something like that would be cutting-edge technology

Well, back then, it WAS cutting edge. But the "speed of fright" reference was WAY off, being probably one of the lamest Arrow suspended coasters ever. (beat out of lameness only by XLR8.)

I wish I had more commercials from Carowinds, that Drop Zone one is the only one I have.

I would've liked to see what commercials from back then looked like. surely they were better than todays commercials are. since when does flight deck, and son of Beast belong at carowinds?!?!?!?

Iron dragon: fly at the speed of fright

uhh, 10 mph??

600th post

^^^

That first KBF commercial 'sounds' alot to me like it was created during the "Garth Brooks era" of country music, lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I have several of Brooks' CDs. He was Big during my squaredancing days.

But that might date the commercial, what? Late 80's, into the 90's?

Just a guess.

I wish I had more commercials from Carowinds, that Drop Zone one is the only one I have.

I would've liked to see what commercials from back then looked like. surely they were better than todays commercials are. since when does flight deck, and son of Beast belong at carowinds?!?!?!?

Iron dragon: fly at the speed of fright

uhh, 10 mph??

600th post

While I think it is wrong to use other coasters that are not in the park that the commercial are for (i.e Flight Deck & Son of Beast for Carowinds) I understand why it happens when the park is part of corporation that owns more than one park. There must be a great amount of savings in only producing one commercial that uses generic shots of rides and then changing the logo at the end of the commercial.

I just saw a commercial for Wild Waves in Seattle and they were using shots of the Texas Giant. Now the Texas Giant is not even part of the group that owns Wild Waves. Should a park be able to use just any ride out there in the ads?????

I am just saying...