TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dont you ever get Scared?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For me, well, the fear is in my head. Sometimes, the hardest part is getting on the roller coaster. Once I'm on, even though I still have a bit of nervousness in me, I'm fine. My excited side kicks in once the car is at it's max speed in the drop/launch. My body also quivers a bit still, but hopefully not for long, when the car enters an inversion.

I'm still in an early state of roller coaster riding. I still have a long way to go before I hit 'Pro' roller coaster rider status.

I don't think there is any rollercoaster that could scare me -- I conquered that fear many years ago. Although I'm sure there are some out there that could intimate me, resulting in a more fervent desire to ride the thing.

My eyes are wide-open on all dark rides however.. I still suffer from the pitiful syndrome of being frightened when stupid objects pop out of the dark. I'd be the perfect actor for a teenage horror flick.

I have that problem too. I was with my cusins on the Scooby Doo dark ride at Carowinds and something poped out and I screamed. I dont know why I did but it happens to everyone!

I still somewhat get scared on coasters. I went to Cedar Point when I still wasn't that comfortable with coasters and the Dragster scared me crapless! The line is the worst part for me, just standing there watching the screaming people fly by. But when I get locked in I know that I'm safe and the worst thing that could happen to me is my stomach dropping over an unexpected drop, and even when it happens I whoop and holler! I hope I never completely get over my little fear of coasters because they make it that more fun when you're on them!

I'm not really scared of roller coasters. By that I mean coasters with a traditional chain lift hill. Launch rides make me a little nervous, I have yet to conquer Dragster (but I want to).

My first drop tower, Drop Zone at Great America made me very scared, but now I love it. I could ride it over and over again. Same goes for the Skycoasters. They are such a great rush.

Now, the one thing that will ALWAYS scare the crap out of me, is Zippers. First time I rode it, I was petrified. The constant spinning, and the extreme forces just freaked me out so bad. I almost got sick becuase I was so scared. I don't think I'll ride one again anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Drop towers get me everytime - I really don't like them but I will ride them all once! Maybe one day I will learn to love them. Apocolypse @ Drayton Manor and Scream @ Heide Park really get me.

Rollercoasters don't bother me at all really - I feel a little nervous for the first ride but that quickly disappears and turns in to fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Roller Coasters have never scared me. Even riding Dragster or Ka just made me want an even higher and faster coaster. One flat ride has put a knot in my stomach, infact it was this last year at The State Fair of Texas, A Mondial Caprialo. I conquered it, wouldn't do it a again cuz it was a tad painful when the gondola flips you over to be face down at a fairly high rate of speed only a few feet from the platform. My shoulders paid for it the next day!! OUCH!!

I very seldom will ride drop towers, they scare me and I've never enjoyed them.

The strange fear I have however it water slides. For some reason I can't handle them, they have always scared me. If the slide is enclosed I enjoy it, but a tall open water slide is simply something I won't ride.

Large drop towers still scare the crap out of me. Hurakan Condor was crazy scary the first time.

Other than that, only the large carnival flat rides make me think twice, and I'll actually skip some of them (like the one right above this post)

Dark rides don't scare you?

I always am scared on the first ride of the day. Most of the time its been months since my last visit or ride at all so i am a little scared. Then after that first drop my adrenaline is pumping and I am pretty cool for the rest of the day. The only exception was my last trip to six flags and i was too chicken out of my group of 15 or so to ride Goliath.