The Top 25 Coasters of 2007

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only been on the following:

[5] Balder

[10] Thunderbird

[26] Thundercoaster (just wanted to mention it because it was close, and my list is so short )

This is how I rank them:

[1] Thunderbird

[2] Balder

[3] Thundercoaster

If a coaster is only great under certain conditions does it deserve to be rated so highly? I say no!

I don't care what the conditions are: a certain seat or car, time of day, temparature, season, ERT at enthusiast events, while sitting next to Elissa and getting her credits, also. If a coaster can't be consistent it can't be a Top 5 coaster on my list

Yeah, but can that really be avoided? There has to be a degree of negligibility no matter what. Even on rides that generally considered by all to be great, if you know there is a specific area of the train that gives a better ride in than the other areas (say, the back half, or the right side, etc), you're probably going to be more inclined to ride in that area, right? So you are going to get a better ride which will make you think higher of it, right?

There are very few coasters that give the same quality of ride in every seat. Sure, some may vary less than others, but almost every seat is different. Furthermore, every ride is different. A coaster ride in 60 degree weather is going to be very different than a ride on the same coaster in 90 degree weather. It's going to be very different if it's wet as opposed to dry, or day as opposed to night, or a half-full train as opposed to a full train.

Keeping all that in mind, I highly doubt that everybody is going to rank their coasters based on the 'average ride'. I know I generally don't. Besides, to do that, wouldn't you have to ride every coaster in similar weather conditions with similar capacity, and ride multiple times in various parts of the train?

Again, my point is that there always has to be a degree of negligibility and error with these, because nobody is going to rank their list using identical criteria.

Here is mine. If people stopped being idiots, The Beast would be at [1].

Hmm, interesting. So what exactly makes somebody who didn't rank The Beast at #1 an idiot? What exactly did you experience on The Beast that made your rides so far superior to those of everybody else who has ridden it?

Yeah, but can that really be avoided? There has to be a degree of negligibility no matter what. Even on rides that generally considered by all to be great, if you know there is a specific area of the train that gives a better ride in than the other areas (say, the back half, or the right side, etc), you're probably going to be more inclined to ride in that area, right? So you are going to get a better ride which will make you think higher of it, right?

I agree that if a coaster gives a better ride under certain conditions and from a certain seat then I'll only try to ride in a scenario that provides optimal fun.

But when a coaster is far inferior under certain conditions I can not put it ahead of a coaster that has always provided me with a great ride.

Take Boulder Dash, some of my favorites individual rides ever were on this coaster but some of my other rides on BD were meh. So I have ranked all the coasters that have always provided me a great ride ahead of it.

Only seven, here's how I rank them (bold is where they ranked in the poll, italics fills in the rest of my ranked list with the rides that didn't place top 25):

1. [6] Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce

2. [31] Legend - Holiday World

3. [1] The Voyage - Holiday World

4. [18] Kentucky Rumbler - Beech Bend

5. [40] J2 - Clementon

6. [24] Cornball Express - Indiana Beach

7. [54] Yankee Cannonball - Canobie

8. [44] Cyclops - Mount Olympus

9. [12] Avalanche - Timber Falls

10. (tied with PKD's Grizzly, [67]) [13] Raven - Holiday World

11. [86] Lost Coaster of Superstiton Mountain - Indiana Beach

12. [9] Hades - Mount Olympus

I have nine. Most of these are of these are on my top ten list too.

1 The Voyage Holiday World

2 Boulder Dash Lake Compounce

3 Phoenix Knoebel's

4 Hades Mount Olympus

5 Avalanche Timber Falls

6 Raven Holiday World

7 Shivering Timbers Michigan's Adventure

8 Renegade Valleyfair!

9 Cornball Express Indiana Beach

I've been on only 8 good coasters this year. Next year will be better when I go to Japan!

1. Silver Star

2. Euro Mir

3. Eurosat

4. Desert Race

5. Expedition GeForce

6. Collossus

7. Black Mamba

8. Winjas

I think you misunderstood the point of this thread.

This thread is about how many of the top-25 wooden coasters you've ridden from Mitch's poll.

I've been on 7 of them, here's how I rank them:

9 Hades Mount Olympus

16 Ozark Wildcat Celebration City

17 Colossos Heide Park

12 Avalanche Timber Falls

19 Renegade Valleyfair!

24 Cornball Express Indiana Beach

15 Shivering Timbers Michigan's Adventure

My view of the top 25: (I've been on 23 of them)

2 El Toro SFGAd

5 Balder Liseberg

7 Phoenix Knoebel's

17 Colossos Heide Park

9 Hades Mount Olympus

18 Kentucky Rumbler Beech Bend

11 Aska (S) Nara Dreamland

16 Ozark Wildcat Celebration City

13 Raven Holiday World

14 Rampage Alabama Adventure

19 Renegade Valleyfair!

8 Tremors Silverwood

3 Thunderhead Dollywood

10 Thunderbird PowerPark

1 The Voyage Holiday World

12 Avalanche Timber Falls

25 Megafobia Oakwood

6 Boulder Dash Lake Compounce

24 Cornball Express Indiana Beach

22tTimber Terror Silverwood

4 Troy Toverland

21 Boardwalk Bullet Kemah Boardwalk

15 Shivering Timbers Michigan's Adventure

*Note, these are not my actual top 23, but the order I rank them in.