TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR Fenway Park Tour 12/2/07

Sue

Since we were in Boston for a party, we figured we might as well take a tour of Fenway Park since we had never been there before. We've toured a couple different baseball stadiums and Fenway was the most disappointing. At other stadiums, we were able to pose for pictures in the dugouts and even go in the locker rooms. Fenway never allows the tour groups in the dugouts and only sometimes allows access to the warning track. Due to the off-season construction, we weren't allowed near the field. It was nice to be able to say we went to Fenway, but the tour itself didn't offer much. On to the pictures:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The place looks so much better on a hot summer night with the Yankess getting their asses kicked while you're eating one of their amazing sausages with peppers and onions with hot mustard and a nice cool Coke as you are sitting behind home plate yelling things at A-Rod.

Trust me.

Very nice Photo TR. I've been to Dodger Stadium in the off season (they have a gift shop that's open, and sometimes you can walk around a bit). Also, there is an official Dodger Stadium tour for a small fee. One time, I'd like to take that tour. It looks like fun.

Eric

Has anyone else here toured any baseball stadiums? That's something we just started doing and really enjoy. Whenever we're by a stadium now, we try to take a tour. If anyone has any suggestions on good tours, please post them.

^^Camden Yards was really cool. Wish I had more than my cellphone camera for it.

Agreed! When I was 15 (back before ANY of us had cell phone cameras--or cell phones, for that matter), I got to take a special tour of the park during its first season as part of an academic achievement program for Maryland high school students. It was amazing! I still remember the turkey dinner they served us in the normally restricted Camden Club (their version of Club 33). Years later, when I was in college, I attended Orioles Fan Fest and got to take pictures from the dugout, in the locker room, in the training room, etc.

Even in the areas normally open to the public, Camden Yards is a great park. I have some nice pictures somewhere of the scoreboard, some of the outside areas and the on-field festivities during Eddie Murray Day, when they officially retired his number.

I was also in a couple of the crowd scenes when they filmed "Major League II" there in the early '90s (with a temporary blue paint job, it served as a stand-in for Municipal Stadium--you can see Baltimore's iconic Bromoseltzer tower and an ad for the Sheraton Inner Harbor in some scenes). If I ever get an HDTV, maybe I'll buy the DVD and see if I can catch myself on freeze frame!

If you're ever in the Milwaukee area, check out Miller Stadium. It is open year round. They have a TGI Friday's there along with a pro shop with tons of merchandise. I recommend picking up a bottle of their secret sauce. It's good stuff. I think its better than ketchup! (sorry Ryan!!) They also have tours there, but I'm not sure what the price is on it.

As for Camdem Park, I would love to go back. My junior high school principal use to play for Baltimore, but I don't know what years. I'll have to look that up. Anyway, he set up a surprise trip to the ballpark for us while we were on our 8th grade Washington DC trip. That alone was worth the trip.

All my baseball cards from when I was a kid are at my parents' house, but the name sounds vaguely familiar. I'll have to check when I go back home for Christmas.

In the meantime, here are a few Camden Yards shots from earlier this year.

DSC00473.JPG.e21a9756961e92f6722b77efdb532d31.JPG

The old lettering from the front of Memorial Stadium (R.I.P.) is now part of a memorial to war veterans at the entrance to Camden Yards. I actually got one of the old seats from Memorial when they tore down the stadium.

DSC00496.JPG.7ec50e38e1f89626d94aeb73774d5027.JPG

Miguel Tejada

DSC00493.JPG.5d7f9cf57e455aa28cd8e83a517bbd76.JPG

The Oriole Bird's real name is Feathersby, but there probably are only a half dozen or so people who know (or care about) that. I happened to read it once in an old newspaper article about the day they retired Brooks Robinson's number.

DSC00478.JPG.7a9f6aa8498e39504ba8623dcb7c8790.JPG

RED SOX SUCK! Just kidding....Go Yankees though! Sue, great pics like always. Sue will you be going to the Lakes offseason tour?

Yes, I plan on being at the tour. In fact, I'm going to be the one organizing it this year.