TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coasters have done for you.

Vffreak07

I personally think that coasters have helped me. Anytime I feel sad, I go to Valleyfair or Mall of America and ride a ride, and it just makes me feel so much better. I can start the day feeling like a piece of crap and then by the end of the day feel like today was the best day ever.

I've got a lot new friends because of the parks I've gone to. I've gotten to know people who actually are a good sized part of my life, and I do appreciate. I really think that if the coaster industry wasn't here, or if there wasn't any amusement parks, I wouldn't be who I am today.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when I was 10 my sisters got me on Shockwave at Sfot.

3 years later my coaster counts is a nice 374. Everyone knows me know

by being the kid who talks about coasters! They also conqured my fear of flying and heights. I used to be scare of Oil Derrick but since i've been on Top Thrill Dragster Its not scary anymore.

What has it done for me? Robbed me of a ton of money.

But seriously, yeah, it's given me a hobby, a lot of good friends, and amazing memories. And it's helped me through a lot of rough and dark times by giving me something to look forward to and work for.

Roller Coasters made me into someone who doesn't follow silly trends or belong to a certain popular type of group...I mean, you don't have your group of coaster fanatics in high school...just your typical rappers, jocks, band geeks, library/book worms, etc. It has also given me something to keep me out of trouble (not that I'm one to cause trouble) and safely get an adrenaline rush or 'woah...this feels cool' without the aide of substances...

Roller Coasters made me into someone who doesn't follow silly trends or belong to a certain popular type of group...I mean, you don't have your group of coaster fanatics in high school...just your typical rappers, jocks, band geeks, library/book worms, etc. It has also given me something to keep me out of trouble (not that I'm one to cause trouble) and safely get an adrenaline rush or 'woah...this feels cool' without the aide of substances...

Take back the band geek. Im in band. I play 4 insturments. BAND ROCKS!

Coasters have been a great hobbie. More interesting than most. I remember my first rollercoaster ride on Kraken.

Angry_Gumball wrote:

Hahahahah me too. I play the tamborine, the guitar, the drums, the bells, percussion in general, and piano. Band Geeks in our school are actually cool I guess. But good point though, school these days are way to cliquey, and I'm proud to say I don't fit into any of those (except for band geek but who doesn't like music?) I'm just normal ( )

Coasters have helped me in many ways. The first way is when im depressed, or angry going on my favorite coasters always help me not think about anything and I am free to enjoy myself. Also without coasters literally there would be like nothing to do, thank god for that!! Overall coasters just make me happy. While in the off season I cant ride them, I can still look at them and count down the days until me and my friends ride coasters just about every weekend!!

Quite the contrary, roller coasters once helped me but now my enthusiasm has waned away.

Sometimes, being an enthusiast can be a buzz kill if you are with your friends. Yesterday at IOA, I tried to convince my friends to not ride Pteranodon Flyers because it was relatively dull and has bad capacity. My argument wasn't strong enough and so I had to patiently wait.

My feelings though, in short, you should read "Two Sides of the River" by Mark Twain (from Life on the Mississippi). He basically nails the same way I feel, except with his interest of rivers and steamboating. In short, when I knew less about coasters, I was fascinated by them. But now, since I know a lot about them, my enthusiasm has died down.

:lmao:
Angry_Gumball wrote:

Hahahahah me too. I play the tamborine, the guitar, the drums, the bells, percussion in general, and piano. Band Geeks in our school are actually cool I guess. But good point though, school these days are way to cliquey, and I'm proud to say I don't fit into any of those (except for band geek but who doesn't like music?) I'm just normal ( )

At my school oyur cool if your in band. I play Alto Sax, Tennor Sax, Barry Sax, and Clairnet.

Kraken my drum major plays the exact same instruments as you. Haha I'm in Band too and I play the Alto. But I wouldn't consider myself a band geek because I HATE my teacher Coasters have given me a safe way to get an adrenaline rush instead of resorting to getting high on drugs or alcohol. It is also a reason to scream as loud as you can with no one singling you out because they're screaming their heads off as well!