TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster goals for 2008?

Disneyland, California Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Knotts Berry Farm & Cedar Point. Maybe California's Great America. It will be a big year for me since this year I went on not a one coaster! Its so hard waiting for next summer to come when your just itching & scratching to get on a coaster!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am playing to visit in 2008:

Oakwood

Lightwater Valley

Thorpe Park

Alton Towers

Blackpool

Chessington

Heide Park

Toverland

Walibi World

Plopsaland

Parc Astrix (ride Megafobia's Bigger / badder Brother)

Lisberg

De Eftling

Paultons Park

If I could afford it next year, maybe 2009 or 2010:

Cedar Point

Kings Island

CLP (if open), if not take photo's of Blue Streak

Park where "Ravine Flyer 2" is being built.

Mt O

Timber Falls

Park where "Cornball Express" lives

Chippa Lake Park - try to find a local who can give me a tour and pay my respects to Big Dipper and the "Bug / Turtle ride"

Six Flags Great America

GP and all of the Water Parks in Ohio

I am playing to visit in 2008:

If I could afford it next year, maybe 2009 or 2010:

Cedar Point

Kings Island

CLP (if open), if not take photo's of Blue Streak

Park where "Ravine Flyer 2" is being built.

Mt O

Timber Falls

Park where "Cornball Express" lives

Chippa Lake Park - try to find a local who can give me a tour and pay my respects to Big Dipper and the "Bug / Turtle ride"

Six Flags Great America

GP and all of the Water Parks in Ohio

^If you come to the US, you should add Knoebels to your list for Flying Turns. No self respecting woodie junky would miss that.

If you haven't been to Kennywood, you should see if you can find time to visit. They have a running Turtle, several historic wood coasters (although they're plagued with brakes and/or seatbelts now), a dark ride made out of a coaster, and a very nice steel coaster.

I plan on getting all the new credits in Pennsylvania (I don't have all the old ones yet, because I missed Conneaut, I'm waiting til RF2 is done to go to Waldameer, and I still don't have a good excuse to go to Idlewild), and going to Cedar Point for the first time.

Goliath is a very tame coaster that does not take your stomach... It's a great starter coaster as it is not very intense.

Uhh, have we been on the same Goliath at SFOG?

Not exactly something I'd call tame, definitely wouldn't say it doesn't take your stomach, and DEFINITELY wouldn't call it a great starter coaster. The mine train is a great starter coaster.

To each his own, though.

A gobsmacking Europe Trip

Get to Cedar Point before they start removing things (must...ride...Demon...Drop), & while I,m there I would be foolish to not take a pit stop @ Behemoth. Lake Erie is a lot smaller than the Atlantic.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions of how to travel between the two without a car please let me know! And more than just throwing stuff into the air. What train, bus, plane or boat?!

The big one in 2008 will be Japan. Though we're visiting 4 or 5 parks. It's more "Japan" we're going for...

Also will I pay Germany a visit for the smaller parks and Denmark for the new rides.

And of course Disneyland Paris with my girlfriend (one of the few amusement parks she likes).

And some parks here and there across Europe, whenever I have time and can get a friend or my father to ride with!

In Europe, the new coaster in Gardaland, Duinrell and Drievliet (credit I didn't get yet this year), Movie Park (junior credit I missed this year), WDS Crush coaster & Tower of Terror (ok, that's not a coaster but I'm looking forward to it), Tibidabo's coasters and Tripsdrill's new woodie.

In the Usa, all coasters in Holiday World, SFKK, KI, CP, Kennywood, Hershey, Knoebels, Dorney, SFGA, SFA, KD & BGE.

So end of next season I should be well over 300 credits.