TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Clementon Jack Rabbit GONE

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very mad and sad. That coaster was so great. I'm actually surprised that no one has mentod the mere fact that brought the Jack Rabbit to it's knees. The horrible accident in 1998. I was there like two days before with my camp. It was scary to hear that. Finally this year I went back to find it still there but lifeless. It was horrible to see it there. I even told my campers what happen there years ago. They were even shocked to hear what happened. RIP Jack Rabbit.

I really hope they build a new coaster like a looping coaster. I would love to see that. Well that will have to wait.

-Migs

I'm no expert in these matters (and i know im going to copp a bit of flakk =P ) however judging by the POV it didnt look like a very exciting ride, a couple of dips but a lot of slow corners for the size ride that it appears, khem, appeared to be.

Whilst it is sad to see pieces of history removed like this it's all in the name of progress!

So long as the area isn't redeveloped with crummier rides it looked like a positive move on the park's behalf.

*ducks*

Is it lack of maintance from the park or does the track n wheels take a bad hammering to make "J2" spine altering.

J2 is very aggressive and needs frequent maintenance.... Something the park can't always afford to do. The biggest "problem" with the ride (I actually think it makes it better, but people will disagree) is the second hill and far turnaround, both which have odd "bumps" because of misplaced bents. I have read various things as to why this was done, but from what I gather the overall gforces on these sections of the ride were too sustained, so to break them up and not cause further delay (the ride didn't open until August of 04, which was the end of their season) they realigned bents. For the second hill, this creates like 3 pops of lateral airtime, the third being pretty extreme. With the far turnaround, you see it coming, and it doesn't look like the train will even track through it, which I like.

The only genuine jack hammering I felt on the ride was the bottom of the first drop (which could be from under supporting.....adding layers of track to the bottom and more frequent bents would probably fix it) and a little bit in the helix. I'm sure the ride has changed completely since I rode it because of how it tears itself up, but thats just what I noticed during my 2 back seat rides on it.

Most people seem to hate it because of how aggressive it is, but it's a top 5 ride for me.

I love it for those reasons.

If I want a calm ride I go on the choo-choo train.

But I love this coaster you just need to ride it a few times.

I love the 2nd hill if i didn't have the seatbelt on I would be standing up over that hill.

The turn around I also love in the front seat, you see it coming top speed and hit it then dip into the TIGHTEST HELIX I ever been on CRAZY insane 50 seconds.

Last I rode it in this summer it was kicking butt with about 17 rides in 2 hours

I love it

• 2 weeks later...

This really saddens me to see all these roller coasters being destroyed, a real heart breaker. My first wooden roller coaster I rode was the Flyer Comet at Whalom Park. The whole park was torn down last year just to make room for some stupid condos.The flyer Comet was my favorite ride there, I rode it constantly. My aunt used to take me and my cousins there many times every season. That park was around for over a hundred years in Lunenburg, Ma. on Lake Whalom. Flyer Comet was built by Philadelphia Toboggan Company, in 1939 I believe. I cried when I found out that Flyer Comet and the park were gone, it was just as bad as losing someone I love. I will cherish the good memories in my heart forever.

railcarbuffvlm

• 3 weeks later...

1-9-2008

www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 09033/1006

CLEMENTON - A century old South Jersey landmark is getting a facelift.

Clementon Park and Splash World's new owner announced today it is planning a major renovation that includes a 1-acre water park expansion and a longer season.

Officials with Adrenaline Family Entertainment, Inc. - the Edmond, Okla.-based company that bought the park in August - said the park will reopen on Memorial Day with a Victorian-themed Main Street and Polynesian-themed water park.

"It's a revered property, one that folks in this region hold close to their heart," the park's new general manager, David Dorman, said. "Generations of residents in this area remember going there, then taking their kids there."

I am saddened to see that the Jack Rabbit is no more. Growing up in Camden County, Clementon Park was my local park and Jack Rabbit was my first coaster. Through the years I rode it, I went from fearing every hill to appreciating the drop the helix and the bunny hills. For the amount of money that will be spent on the park, renovating the rabbit for another 90 years would have been money well spent.

The site will probably have some mouse ride or another carnival ride instead of a real permanent roller coaster.

The Park can only blame it's self for J2 rough's ride, the designers knew what the layout would be and they told the Park all of the rides hot "rough" spots.

The Park could of gone for a less brutal ride to get more people in their gates. They have to put up with J2 or : Raze it or mod it so it's less rough.

• 1 month later...
That's a shame about the Jackrabbit, but what's even more a shame is they have renamed J2, Puma. What does that even Mean? They really have to learn to pick a name and stick with it. Watch, I bet next year it will be named somthing different

Look, I was right. In 2 months, it went from being Puma to 'Hellcat' as Screamscape says. This has to be some sort of record for most names to a coaster.

Here's the link: www.screamscape.com/html/smaller_parks.htm