TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

This is one one really compact coaster, and like someone above said, it is amazing how a little parking lot turned into such a large coaster. However, it looks like it is more turns than hills, like a GCI, but it should still be a great coaster nonetheless. While there will probably be plenty of airtime, it just doesn't seem to have as many hills as I'd like. Now there are probably many hills inside the structure,(so don't get upset and think I'm stupid) but from the outside, it seems to have a few too many turns. Granted, since it is a compact space, there will be a lot of turns, but Balder and Viper are also compact, yet they have plenty of airtime and turns when needed.

Edit: I just looked at the rendering again, and there are more hills than I thought, and there appears to be more airtime than I previously thought there would be.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching that video, I actually can’t wait to ride this thing!! Although, it will probably be next year now.

I bet landry's are a bit peed about the amount this thing has been delayed.

Can’t Waite to see an actually POV of it!!!

Everything is going well. They are currently testing train #2 and getting it broken in, its currently going a bit slower than the first train. Testing should continue to resume throughout the next few days.

Here are a few new pictures but be sure to check out www.coasterphotos.com website for even better pictures - he has some real nice ones that will be up later tonight.

I am re-editing my video with better footage and will post the finished version later tonight if things go well.

IMG_0736-1.JPG.3b7a68c54ba64300bdc45711d77d63fb.JPG

Ride Controls

IMG_0738.JPG.9e4d190561756d37772fb5b16eaef8bb.JPG

Perhaps the cleanest lift station you'll ever see!

IMG_0735.JPG.ad98fe6461db8e349dad225ab93b5fe9.JPG

View From Ride Controls

IMG_0718.JPG.213da269a81f07b8b637daac2c37476e.JPG

Close up of test car #2. As I understand it, each dummy contains enough water to weigh in at 175lbs.

IMG_0716.JPG.79b77e470b38381390b5e7789a20e003.JPG

A great view of the bay as the operator enjoys more successful test runs.

IMG_0714.JPG.b854efb9708dd980b3b8bbb42a52ef1b.JPG

Another view from train station.

Nice shots...I bet I have some almost exactly like that!

Had fun hanging out today...not the way I had planned on spending my Saturday but well worth it for the photos and video we got.

I've renamed my 177 photos and will be working on getting some ready for upload. Will post a few here with a link to the rest a little later.

I was lucky enough to hang out with Guru and Coasterphoto this afternoon, but not lucky enough to get there in time for the inside-the-structure photo tour. I got some shots from the station last time, but they weren't testing then.

For all of you who are still "iffy" as to whether or not this ride will be worth a trip down to Texas, just wait until one of them uploads pics (or better yet, VIDEO) of the train navigating the hidden track at the bottom of the first drop.

It might just be the sickest section of wooden coaster track I've ever seen. When I saw the still picture, I said "OMFG, no way." Then I thought I was maybe seeing TWO sections of the layout, since everything is so piled up in there...

Then I saw the video. OMFG AGAIN! For the unaware rider, they are going to think that by the time they hit the bottom of the first drop, the worst is over. But after the drop and the right turn, all hell is going to break loose under all that structure and NOBODY will see it coming.

OH, and even though train #2 was running slowly enough to hear individual clicks on a couple of the anti-rollback hills, the wicked-as-all-hell bayside turns were seriously fast. When it breaks in and achieves the speed they're expecting, those turns might just be some of the most intense coaster track on earth.

This is a really nice looking coaster, like an all wood Avalanche, and it has that quality that many coasters at corporate parks seem to lack. The owners seem to be putting a lot of care in to this, and it should show in the end. The updates on this are great, and they give a manageable scope on the construction of this unlike others(more of the parks fault) where a lot or nothin happens between updates. This coaster looks amazing, and for the coaster deprived Huston area, this is a great addition.

NICE pics! You really killed with this round, by far the best pics of the Coaster in action. Why didn't you crop out that fat bald guy though?

Thanks. Some of them came out better than I thought. It was more of a challenge than I thought it would be to get photos. Between the changing light (clouds, sun, clouds, cun) and all the structure messing up my autofocus...it was interesting

Very, very nice! It was hard to see them on the viewfinder screen on cam, especially the ones with lots of structure. The full-sized versions look GREAT!

Can't wait to see the first drop turn in full-screen video.

We should probably give that turn a name, so it's easier to reference when we talk about it.

...and once it opens, I bet we'll be talking about it!

I have updated my video with about 14 seconds of new footage/better coverage of the train. I still don't have the bit where the train goes through that wicked turn but that is soon to come as I recorded it on Jasons cam.

The video is now located at:

www.theguruguys.com/BoardwalkBullet/Boa ... t_Runs.wmv

This video is twice the size and bitrate of the old one.

-GG

Projected to open by!??????!

Nobody will estimate a date at this point. It will open silently apparently. No grand opening etc. One day it will just be open, might even be the middle of the day. If the weather is OK this week, and all the testing goes as planned, I would bet money it is open by next weekend. That is a lot of ifs however.

-GG

Looks like the crew took a day off today. Didn't see anyone down there when I drove through earlier. I think this is the first day off they've had since July!

I tried to edit some video together...I think I got it in the right order.

http://www.coasterphotos.com/Videos/movies/BB_Test_081807.wmv

Thanks to GuruGuys for getting a good portion of that video while we were in the station...allowing me to concentrate on still photos.