TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove by today not that bad traffic, but hard to find parking. The train is still in the front of the ride, very few people out working on it. I saw maybe 4 guys working on the hill where it vallied and 2 guys working on the gate near the drop.

Gravity Group designers Mike and Corey shreik frantically, "... this wasn't supposed to happen!"

Poor fellas', my heart goes out to the them.

Of course, "this wasn't supposed to happen" comment applies to the ride being open by now Damn RAIN!

I'll show a couple we took then... Pretty much the same things Jason showed earlier...

Click thumbnails for full-size images...

it is a BEAUTIFUL coaster...

The little train that couldn't...

And look closely in the middle of this photo...I suspect that anti-rollback cog rail thingie is new...

-Derek

Who wants to join together from the forum and ride together? Select 1st (blue) and 2nd (red) choice. Drawing deadline Sat., Aug 11.

1. ______________ 2. ________________

3. ______________ 4. ________________

5. ______________ 6. ________________

7. ______________ 8. ________________

9. ______________ 10. _______________

11. _____________ 12. _______________

13. _____________ 14. _______________

15. _____________ 16. _______________

17. _____________ 18. _______________

19. _____________ 20. _______________

21. _____________ 22. lorddoonga______

23. _____________ 24. lorddoonga______

And look closely in the middle of this photo...I suspect that anti-rollback cog rail thingie is new...

-Derek

Yeah...there were definitely no anti-rollbacks there on Thursday Kind of looks like it is just laying there though (like you said earlier tonight). I'm guessing they haven't finished installing it yet.

Okay...I'll post one photo...a view from the other side of the third hill where you can see the new strip of wood added for the anti-rollbacks (which I didn't notice when I first took the photo)

Boardwalk_Bullet-080407-3-TPR.jpg.1d0bcfdf99a3b15064aa7fc0baf58bde.jpg

I'll show a couple we took then... Pretty much the same things Jason showed earlier...

Click thumbnails for full-size images...

it is a BEAUTIFUL coaster...

-Derek

This one of the best photos I've seen taken for a dusk shot! Congrats. I took your photo and auto-balanced the color and sharpened its resolution... oooooooooh maaaaaaaan ... a real beauty indeed.

I don't know how reliable this is but while we were eating at salt grass we asked about the rollercoaster and the manager said that they were going to be test running it at 2am after everything closes. They are doing this to prevent bad publicity since the first test run failed and was on the internet. She also stated that they are going to start having advertisement next week. I do not know if this is radio or tv. She stated they plan on test running it 3 straight days and then open it if it goes well. I don't know how valid this is but I thought I would pass it on. When I got there tonight they were not working on it at all. I did not see a single person which I thought was weird. But the train was still sitting on the side walk so I don't know if they will be testing running early this morning like the lady said. I have my doubts. I guess we will find out later.

I don't know how reliable this is but while we were eating at salt grass we asked about the rollercoaster and the manager said that they were going to be test running it at 2am after everything closes. They are doing this to prevent bad publicity since the first test run failed and was on the internet. She also stated that they are going to start having advertisement next week. I do not know if this is radio or tv. She stated they plan on test running it 3 straight days and then open it if it goes well. I don't know how valid this is but I thought I would pass it on. When I got there tonight they were not working on it at all. I did not see a single person which I thought was weird. But the train was still sitting on the side walk so I don't know if they will be testing running early this morning like the lady said. I have my doubts. I guess we will find out later.

Makes perfect sense if you ask me. On the day of the test run, one Saltgrass waitress told me that they were hoping to test run it "last night". I see a common thread there. You might be on to something Who wants to go down there right now and meet up to watch if its true?