TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Hey Guys! Here in corpus but from SE Houston area. Things don't look good. My area is still out of power and downtown looks like it will not be open for work Monday. Looks like I will be here for a few days till power comes on in my area. Could be weeks I heard. Been told from friends it looks like a disaster zone everywhere you drive. I am too curious of the Bullet's status. Here is what one person posted on a Houston site. If I hear more I will update. Pray that the death count is low and Houston/Galveston will be up and running soon.

"I don't know the status but they looked really bad on TV. Some looked like they are under water. I bet it is going to be a long time before Kemah boardwalk is rebuilt. It looks totally messed up.

Tillman Fertita was on the news last night and he said he is definitely going to rebuild the Boardwalk. I hope he does. Once it is rebuilt we have to go out and support it.

This was such a bad day for the Houston/Galveston area. I still can't believe how bad this hurricane was, it seems so surreal."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God. This is crazy. I was praying for the bullet to be washed away not the whole boardwalk. This sucks because what if they do not have the money to rebuild the place. It also looks like they are going to have to get a new carousel. Maybe this time around they will buy rides from companies better than Chance. Also maybe they will build a rapids ride or a log flume so that the damage will be minimal. God this sucks.

Kemah is a very popular and known place in the Houston area. I would be surprise if it didn't get rebuilt it. How soon? Can't guess. I believe it might be a while. Probably restaurants first...then the rides. That's just my guess. This place brings in tons of money and guess from the greater houston area and galveston.

Kemah will be rebuilt, and quickly too. They have insurance that covers things like this and I was told they are OVER insured. The Bullet was going down for long term work regardless (this time they hope to fix the problem which is causing all the other problems and making it ride so differently from the way it was designed). They will have the restaurants up and running in no time at all.

Someone said the chaos was new, it was new to the park but was a used ride. It was a portable ride, as is many of their other rides, which were mounted in a more permanent manner. The portable rides, if they decide to get replacements and not repair the existing ones0, would be able to come in and get installed pretty quick as well.

There is NO question at all wether Kemah will be rebuilt. Once it is it will be better than ever.

-GG

P.S. My Scion XB, on the other hand, is totalled when we got 3 feet of water flooding yesterday, and will not be rebuilt!

Thanks for the info GurGuy! How are you? I am still in corpus with my sister's family waiting for power to come back on at my apartment. Friend is going to let me know. Just glad everyone is ok. Sorry to hear about your car. Luckly I think my apartment didn't flood or anything. Just bad roof damage. I am on the second floor so hopefully I don't have to worry about that since there is a floor above me. Don't know about windows yet. Take care!

1. Glad people are ok so far. That one's important.

2. Bummer on all the damage. Poor Kemah got the beat-down.

3. "Yeah, I think we'll be needing another ferris wheel..." gave me a laugh.

4. Tatum has inadvertently doubled his historical park info contributions this week. If Dixie Landings gets it for whatever reason, he'll have a hat trick.

I wish Kemah the best on the rebuild. Ouch, but keeping good thoughts.