TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And its easy to access because you dont have to pay themepark prices to ride it. We're just so happy!

Ehh, I think $20.00 for one coaster is bordering on theme park prices...

But I'm not complaining, just glad we have something to ride.

And its easy to access because you dont have to pay themepark prices to ride it. We're just so happy!

But I'm not complaining, just glad we have something to ride.

I know you're not complaining.

Can't please everyone.... You don't pay SF 15 buck to park, You can stash food in your car and drink it/eat in the car. Yeah it's high but they gotta pay for the rides somehow. I went to the little "kwikemart" and bought a soda for 1.20 Kemah /everytheme park $3.00

Good grief, do we really need day to day updates on how it's riding?

Maybe WE don't but perhaps lorddoonga was planning to go out there and ride. Given the temperamental nature of the Bullet, it's not a bad idea to find out how well it's running before driving down there.

Besides, you don't have to read this thread if you don't want to.

It was faster last night then before(i'm not a nut to "time it" i can bearly remember how many times i ride it.) But there was 2 breakdowns yesterday, Once coming in to the station the train stopped halfway, They tried to dispatch it again and no go, The brakes would open and close for a sec. Took about 5 mins to get us off.(Maint came and turned a key.) The next time the "E- stop button" lit up read and the train stopped on the lift. Again Maint came and turned a key.

You guys had me thinking it was $20 for a single ride! I thought the Vegas coasters were bad enough. I had to check for myself, and it's just $4.75 for a single ride on the Bullet, or $18.99 for unlimited rides along with 11 others.

OMG, at $20 per ride, I'd have spent $10,000 already!!!

It's really cheap for me. I spend my $20 and usually get around 40 rides every time I go there. That's just $0.50 per ride... way cheaper than a ghetto fair.

Best value so far was one day last November when I rode 88 times. That's just $0.22 per ride!

Well, it's a good coaster and worth several repeat rides, plus you get the aviator, inverter, swinging ship, etc....

The best ride other than the Bullet IMO is the kiddie tower, the Chance Bouncer ride. It gives me tiny stomach drop every time I ride it and makes me LOL.

Perhaps the Bullet ranks higher for some because it is easily available all year and you rarely have to wait in line to ride it - not many coasters offer that luxury. I stop by at lunch and buy a single ride ticket now and then, when I buy an all day pass I usually ride at least 20 times.

-GG

So whats your total ride count?

On the Bullet? I quit counting after 300. I've probably passed 400 by now but not sure. On other coasters? I have a very low coaster count overall - this is why I've never ranked the Bullet as I've not ridden enough woodies to compare it too. This will change as I will be making an East Coast trip that should get me up to about 80 total coaster credits afterwards.

On another note, the Bullet has been running a solid 65 seconds all day today, which is faster that it has ever run solidly before. This is a good thing. Perhaps we'll loose a few more second in the coming weeks when things break in.

-GG

It was faster last night then before(i'm not a nut to "time it" i can bearly remember how many times i ride it.)

We don't time it, just ask the control operator when you get off the ride, they are usually happy to tell you the computer calculated time from the console.

But there was 2 breakdowns yesterday, Once coming in to the station the train stopped halfway, They tried to .

Those sound like ride op errors (or, as I've heard them call each other, Ride Stoperators when the mess up and hit the e-stop etc.), not really breakdowns in the usual sense that something is wrong with the ride. They were training a lot of new crew when I was there last.

-GG

I was talking about Bullet. The most ive ridden is on Thunderhead my ride count is almost 200.

The funny part is that you've probably spent a lot more time at Dollywood to get those 200 rides than I've spent at Kemah for my 500.

Bullet is in a unique setting. The rest of the rides are basically kiddie rides (except for Inverter) and are separated from the coaster by two or three large restaurants and a Starbucks. Thus, you have to make an extra effort to walk over there to ride it (luckily, there is a ticket window next to the coaster, so you don't have to go to the other section at all).

What this usually means is that the crowds that gather at the rides usually stay over there. If someone in the family wants to ride the coaster, the family will be seen coming over to it, the person or two in the family who wants to ride will ride it, then they family goes back over to the clump of other rides. This keeps most folks down to one or two rides per visit, even with a wristband.

The other group of riders are adults who came to eat at one of the restaurants and decide to ride the coaster while they are there. Usually, they buy single tickets and ride once or twice and go home (it's funny to see people waiting in line with their "to go" boxes).

This "ride once or twice and leave" pattern means that there is almost NEVER a long queue. You'll see a few adults and some older teens who will buy a wristband and ride multiple times, but there aren't enough of them at any one time to fill a train. About the only time the ride isn't a walk-on is dinnertime on weekends when folks take a spin either before or after going to eat. Even then, you'll wait 2 or 3 trains max unless you want the front seat.

I've got 500 rides in three months. At this rate, I'll hit 10,000 rides in 5 years. It took me over 25 years to hit that on the Texas Cyclone...

After all those rides, the ride have to seem sort of 'not as amazing as the first time I rode it.'

I've ridden Silver Star way over 200 times and GeForce well over 100. I love them to death but after a while, they don't seem as amazing as before.

They are still AMAZING rides and easily on my top lists.

--James

GG: "On another note, the Bullet has been running a solid 65 seconds all day today, which is faster that it has ever run solidly before. This is a good thing. Perhaps we'll loose a few more second in the coming weeks when things break in."

Won't it be great! Soon we will ride under 60 secs or less.

After all those rides, the ride have to seem sort of 'not as amazing as the first time I rode it.'

I've ridden Silver Star way over 200 times and GeForce well over 100. I love them to death but after a while, they don't seem as amazing as before.

They are still AMAZING rides and easily on my top lists.

--James

One of the good things (or bad depending on how you look at it) about The Bullet and I guess many woodies is that they offer different rides depending on the weather, track conditions, etc. Every day that I ride the Bullet I have at least a few rides that perform differently in places than before. This keeps things interesting for me.

-GG

^^ I agree. While the Bullet's temperamental nature is a downside for folks who travel to ride it (it didn't run very well for the TPR shoot), it does provide us frequent riders some changing experiences to keep the ride from getting boring.

One of the things that's fun is to find the best seat on the train for that day. It changes every day, and sometimes it will change several times per day.

The front seat is usually consistently decent, but is almost never the best seat. Seat 2R is perhaps the most wildly variant. Some days, it's insane with airtime and smooth. Other days, there's no air and it's brutal. Catch a day when the coaster is running fast, and 10R is wicked. Slower days are meh. The back seat is usually pretty good, but sometimes the seat right in front is even better.

New Year's Day, seat 7R gave me a fantastic ride. I mentioned it to Guru. He rode 7R a couple of hours later and wasn't impressed at all... but Almightyfire sat next to him in 7L and was very surprised at how good it was.

Go figger.

Help me out anyone. I rode the Boardwalk Bullet today for the first time. I know it recenvetly re-opened (since Friday?). One of the ops told me that they retracked one portion of the ride. I rode it 5 times: twice all by myself on the train, twice with two other people, and once with four others. The park was really barren.

Anyway, I don't have anything to compare it to since it opened up. I know wooden coasters are rough, but has it smoothed out since the reopen?

Thanks

^^ They retracked everything from the middle of the first drop to the end of the big turn by the bay.

I notice in your post that you said you rode it five times with a mostly empty train. I also notice that you aren't complaining that your ribs, neck, or back are in pain.

So YEAH, it's smoother than before!

Seriously, even though it was rougher before, it still wasn't half as bad as some of the wusses on this site might have you believe. Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times and then posted about how much pain they were in the next day. Maybe they weren't ready for an adult coaster... The Giant (SFOT) and Rattler (SFFT) are far, far worse now than the Bullet ever was.

Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times and then posted about how much pain they were in the next day. Maybe they weren't ready for an adult coaster...

Maybe the Gravity Group should brag about that on their website.

TGG Coasters: Not For Little Girls!

...I also notice that you aren't complaining that your ribs, neck, or back are in pain.

I never said it was smooth, that's for sure. I kept trying to remember how rough the Texas Cyclone was compared to the Bullet. Cyclone, if I remember correctly, was way rougher than the Bullet. I kept thinking the Bullet would have been more smooth, but that's okay, it didn't take away from me enjoying the ride.

The only thing I hated was that I rode it by myslef, no one to share the fun, you know?

Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times...

I was supposed to be at the shoot, but something came up and I had to back out. I really wish I was able to go. It looked like fun.