TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Neat. I like a mean first drop that pins you to the lap bar and slams your bottom to the cushion.

The video is not working for me, it worked for you? I might have to try to re-upload it and check which codec I used.

-GG

Yeah worked great clarity and definition.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah worked great clarity and definition.

Ok, I just tried two different machines and three different browsers and it just says connecting for awhile then says "ready". As long as its working for others.

-GG

If you have firefox, download this plugin:

http://www.downthemall.net/

It will let you download the direct AVI to the stream. I just got finished downloading it, so I'm gonna watch it now.

Edit: I just watched it and the water tower hill still seems slow. It looks almost the same as the untracked version. ???

How much it cost you? (wrist camara).

I received it as a Christmas gift. I think I've seen it for as low as $89.99, it retails for about $130 at Circuit City etc. Its the Digital Hero 3 found at www.goprocamera.com. Seems to work well but since you can't see the viewfinder you have to guess what is being shot so it takes some practice to learn how to aim it. By the time I was able to review the video (no LCD etc to review it live) we lost sunlight and, as with most small cameras, without bright sunlight the quality suffers dramatically. Since you wear it like a watch it is not a 'loose item' and so long as you don't break other rules (ie. Keep your arms inside the train at all time, etc.) it is within the ride rules, at least at this park.

-GG

Edit: I just watched it and the water tower hill still seems slow. It looks almost the same as the untracked version. ???

None of the changes were dramatic, all within several inches of the original track positions. The work on the water tower hill was done on the first part, if you watch closely on the last part of the video you can see the people in front get a tiny but of air going up to the water tower hill. Before this wouldn't happen because the train was slamming into the rail so they properly gauged the track in this area. Otherwise, from that point on, the ride is essentially the same (speed etc). It does feel faster going up to that point, but then the back part of the ride from after station drop on in, seems a bit slower and sluggish.

-GG

P.S. Im still getting messages it is not working for others. Perhaps Ill try a different codec and replace it later.

Before this wouldn't happen because the train was slamming into the rail so they properly gauged the track in this area.

-GG

So we can now put to rest that this was poorly constructed, which in turn made it a rough ride. Not aggresive.

Before this wouldn't happen because the train was slamming into the rail so they properly gauged the track in this area.

-GG

So we can now put to rest that this was poorly constructed, which in turn made it a rough ride. Not aggressive.

The first part is still very aggressive, just not as rough. As far as the water tower turn, it seems pretty likely it was poor construction there, but that part was never rough - you just didnt get any airtime out of it. I don't know who is blaming who on the rest of the track that was worked on - all that is kept tightly behind closed doors from someone like myself who posts on public forums I just know everyone involved is working to get it running better.

-GG

I'm sorry I meant mph.

At what point during the ride? You mean max M.P.H. during the first drop? I don't think anyone has tried to clock that lately. I believe we calculated the average speed of the entire ride from end of lift hill to brakes to be about 27MPH.

-GG

I wonder has anyone clocked its speed since spots were retracked?

I've posted earlier that it is running the same speed as before, 66-70 seconds from end of lift to mag brakes.

-GG

I'm sorry I meant mph.

At what point during the ride? You mean max M.P.H. during the first drop? I don't think anyone has tried to clock that lately. I believe we calculated the average speed of the entire ride from end of lift hill to brakes to be about 27MPH.

-GG

That part into the bay turn. It seems to haul faster there like 50-ish?

Good grief, do we really need day to day updates on how it's riding?

Maybe WE don't but perhaps lorddoonga was planning to go out there and ride. Given the temperamental nature of the Bullet, it's not a bad idea to find out how well it's running before driving down there.

Besides, you don't have to read this thread if you don't want to.

I am very interested to see how the trains a running from day to day. If I do not get down to Kemah this weekend, it will be next and I would like to know how the track and trains are breaking in as the ride is probably changing everyday. So thank You Texcoaster and GuruGuy and everyone else for updates!

I do not think this coaster is finished being built yet!