TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

For the record, the re-ride policy I spoke about was slightly wrong. You can ride 3 times in a row only if your row is empty in the queues on slow days. If someone is in line you must get up and walk the queues again, you can not change seats even if there are other empty queues. This makes sense since there would be a battle of people trying to take the empty seats all the time. The ride operators may be able to use some discretion on REALLY slow days when most of the train is empty but I don't know for sure about that!

-GG

Yep. I found that out the hard way as I was "walking the plank" many many times today.

I was mad at first. I got off the back row, two guys got in and the seats in front of that were empty with nobody in line for them. I wanted to hop on in. It was only when I got home and gave it some serious thought that I realized the "problem". I'm not the only one who would want to avoid having to go all the way around. How would they determine who'd get those seats?

I'll say this: It was WORTH "walking the plank" to ride the Boardwalk Bullet over and over! All the way!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went back today around 5pm and got my unllimited pass wristband.

A lot of people out there today I didn't get to meet! I was the fut guy in the blue Bullet tee-shirt! We need to have some symbol or something to show when leaving the bay to identify everyone!

Had a great time today. It sure like this is going to be a great coaster to get ERT almost anytime. At the peak of the lines tonight you had to wait no more than 15 minutes, usually less than 10! The place was pretty packed too. I seriously doubt there will ever be more than a 30 minute line (aside from mechanical problems etc) and after talking to some people who work there they pretty much agree it would have to take one of their busiest days ever to even do that. Tomorrow will be busiest of the 3 day weekend so we'll see what happens.

For those of you who just rode today: The coaster was running pretty slow. They will hopefully oil the track in the morning. To give you some comparison, when the track is well oiled you get ejector air on EVERY hill, even the last coming into the station. When it rains and its oiled, oh my, it is insane, it barely slows down on the top of the big drops. The coaster completed the circuit 15 seconds faster in the rain Friday night!

-GG

For those of you who just rode today: The coaster was running pretty slow. They will hopefully oil the track in the morning.

The coaster completed the circuit 15 seconds faster in the rain Friday night!

-GG

Slow? Huh? Those trains were flying. Yes, the 2nd big hill by the lift hill exhibited a full click-click-click on the antirollbacks. That was the largest span of time to even try to catch your breath. The other small one was right before diving under the station.

I can't imagine it going faster and shaving 15 seconds off the circuit time. WOW!

The ride began quite fast today at its noon opening, but as the oil wore off the track, it got a bit more sluggish.

Only, however, on the tops of the big hills. The opening sequence of drop, zig-zag, and upper bay turn were as fast at the end of the day as they were last night. That section is breaking in QUICKLY. There are now several spots where the upstops are riding the lip pretty hard.

DSC05699.jpg.d8575037bf7b67412a3a923ed1c6c8f0.jpg

Third big drop. This one ends up going under the station past the photo camera.

DSC05690.jpg.c29bdee1d50b1052a048ddb56fb19ed1.jpg

The big turn and drop.

DSC05688.jpg.4e7de17be870bb301e7542b0d06695fd.jpg

Haulin azz on the upper bay turn

DSC05687.jpg.fe8555a0d1c0ee81a609848754deb10e.jpg

First drop. Notice back seat riders' ejector air!

DSC05685.jpg.dd9f0ff688c005e6bdbe118585cfdf13.jpg

Waiting in line is almost as much fun as the ride! When the train goes overhead here, EVERYTHING shakes!

DSC05684.jpg.abcd69695c00e99a6aebb9ac58e1b9e9.jpg

Zig-Zig after the first drop

DSC05682.jpg.eb2daf8eb1318831a705395c933daba5.jpg

Bottom of the first drop.

I'll say this: It was WORTH "walking the plank" to ride the Boardwalk Bullet over and over! All the way!

The reality is that if you plan to marathon this coaster its probably a good thing, especially if you do a lot of back car or right seat rides as it gives you time to recuperate. This ride may not be the roughest every but it can get pretty aggressive deepening on your seat.

My opinion is that rows 5-7 are the tamest and if you sit on the left side it is the least jerky but you experience less airtime etc. I used to think the front train was the tamest but the right side of the first 2 cars can be rough. I'll only ride the back once every 5 rides or so at this point though TexCoaster coerced me into it a bit more than I would have liked.

There are a few odd seats as posted before. Seat 5R and seat 10R seem to have some weird ejector air moments.

It was really fun watching everyone ride for the first time and listening to so many talk about how long it has been since they have ridden a coaster. Several of the people we talked to went to the part just for the Coaster so it is bringing them customers that wouldn't have normally gone - a good thing!

Who will be out there tomorrow?

For those of you who just rode today: The coaster was running pretty slow. They will hopefully oil the track in the morning.

The coaster completed the circuit 15 seconds faster in the rain Friday night!

-GG

Slow? Huh? Those trains were flying.

Hehe. No, not really

Yes, the 2nd big hill by the lift hill exhibited a full click-click-click on the antirollbacks. That was the largest span of time to even try to catch your breath. The other small one was right before diving under the station.

Yeah, when it is wet you don't have chance to catch your breath

I can't imagine it going faster and shaving 15 seconds off the circuit time. WOW!

Yeah, it really is a different ride then. The entire last section of the ride that kinda winds down a bit is intense. When the train arrived on the brake run it slide all the way up to were it starts to curve, around 5-6 seats further than normal, it was going so fast. I believed they have clocked it over 61 MPH in those circumstances! Everyone must catch it in the rain at some point.

Yeah, it really is a different ride then.

Everyone must catch it in the rain at some point.

During my last ride @ about 9.50pm it started to sprinkle. The line was too long for me to ride again 'cuz I still had about a 2 hour drive home ahead of me.

I'm sure I'll get to ride it during a "wet run" sometime in the future.

Guru, you're already saying you'll be out there tomorrow?

The Advil must not have worn off yet, lol.

I agree that having to wait 10min or so for each ride near the end was a good thing. I'm not sure we'd be walking well if we'd still been re-riding at the pace we did earlier in the day.

My thighs are SORE from slamming the lap bar.

I'm having a hard time choosing my favorite seat. While 5R was insane last night, it just didn't live up to my memories today. 10L was really good, and it was funny listening to you OW OW OW in 10R!

Seats 2R and 2L, however, were doing bitching air and WTF with the 4th row and all the upstop grind??? That car was ssssssssssmokin!!! The upstops were hitting so hard you could hear it several seats back.

10L was really good, and it was funny listening to you OW OW OW in 10R!

Due to my sore right side from tensing up during the rain rides the night before I choose to ride in the left seat most of the night. When I finally decided to ride on the right it was in 10R, but I was in a conversation with another rider and didn't hear your warning about it. When I came off the first drop and got slammed to the left air right after landing into my seat, then got ejected again, I don't think my words were "OW OW OW", but instead something a bit less appropriate for families being around came out. It was mainly because of my sore right side and the fact that when I got slammed left so hard I used my right side muscles to keep me upright - the ones that were already sore. I gave up and just started bouncing off you the rest of the ride

Seats 2R and 2L, however, were doing bitching air and WTF with the 4th row and all the upstop grind??.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the best seats are rows 2-4 now, even in 3 and 4 I was getting more ejector air. I think 5L , 6L, 7L, 8L are the tamest.

The reality is that if you plan to marathon this coaster its probably a good thing, especially if you do a lot of back car or right seat rides as it gives you time to recuperate.

I agree. Riding the back car over and over can be tough and the walk back can give you time to recuperate.

and if you sit on the left side it is the least jerky but you experience less airtime etc.
Actually I liked the right seats better. I have a nice sore spot from yesterday when I banged up against the side of the left seat on the bottom of the first drop. It was one of my first rides and caught me off gaurd.

It was one of my first rides and caught me off gaurd.

Thats the thing, after riding it so many times, when something catches me off guard I am REALLY not ready for it. When that first rain ride in 5R caught me off guard I started the next ride really tensed and holding tight. I was in 12R on that ride and when we went to the same spot I tried to hold myself upright a bit and pulled my entire right side (I can feel the soreness now when I take a deep breath). Had I not done this I wouldn't have any pain right now aside from one little spot on my left calf that is sore to touch because of the lap bar hitting it side.

Since Lone Star Coasterthon will be my first ACE event next week I am taking this in as 'endurance preparation'. I need to be prepared for the Giant...

-GG

OK, those who have been on it now:

After months of pictures and speculation, what parts of the ride exceeded your expectations, and what parts didn't quite live up to your own hype?

For me, the first drop, turn, and zig-zag totally lived up to my expectations and then some. I thought it would be much more brutal than it is. Way fun.

The upper bay turn is a bit more intense than I was expecting. Yay!

The biggest surprises, though, were the fairly strong laterals on the little curve before the lift (!) and the turn at the top of the lift. Both are really just "get me from here to there" areas, but both are done at a pretty good clip and are better than I expected.

As for not living up to my expectations, I'd probably have to say that when it's dry, the last third of the ride is kinda sluggish. When it's wet, it isn't sluggish at all.

I hope once it breaks in good, it will run as fast dry as the wet rides we got yesterday!

It was interesting to see how many kids were there with mom and dad, and it was said that it was the kid's first-ever rollercoaster. I had to think, though, that Astroworld closed two years ago and many of these kids were too small to have ridden any of the coasters there when it was open.

They picked a pretty riotous and rambunctious ride for their first one!!! I had a good time trying to decide which kids would get off screaming "I wanna go again" and which ones would never ride another coaster as long as they lived.

One particular case was "Miles", a boy perhaps 8 years old, a little small for his age. He was in tears. It didn't help that while you wait in line, the track is all around you, shaking the entire structure, screaming passengers rocketing over your head, the rumble of the train incredibly loud... he was NOT a happy boy. Guru and I tried to reassure him, but it did no good. I was a bit angry with his mom for making him ride it anyway. I like to see kids get off a coaster with the sort of enthusiasm that I have... not with trauma. It was obvious, however, that momma wasn't changing her mind. Miles would ride.

When the ride was over, Miles was a bit shaken, but probably more relieved than excited. He really wasn't entirely sure what he had just done, he just knew that it was finished. As the train slowly coasted from the brakes back into the station, we got up a chant of "Miles! Miles! Miles!" and everyone on the train applauded him. I think he was still too dazed to appreciate it. On the exit ramp, I pitched an idea to Guru and he loved it: we waited until Miles and family came down the ramp and I said "Yay Miles! Hey, buddy... what size t-shirt do you wear? Since this was your first coaster, you should get a t-shirt so you can wear it to school on Tuesday and show everybody that you rode it. You'll be the most popular kid in school!" So Guru and I pitched in and bought the kid a shirt. He was still a bit too shaken to appreciate it, but his mom thanked us several times.

By the time Tuesday comes, his adrenaline will have subsided, the fear will have left, and he'll be proud of himself.

...and he will truly be able to tell all of his friends, "Oh, the coaster? Been there, done that, got the t-shirt."

All i can say is i got my but kicked! Beats the hell out of Rattler, and giant!I rode 15 times yesterday, a few walk arounds. I Think fisherman was out there, (Wearing a bullet shirt) I was wearing a black shirt with a boombox on it. My leg got beat up My back aches and so does my neck! The drop!? I can't say anything but it did hurt!

I rode 15 times yesterday, a few walk arounds..... My back aches
I rode about ten times yesterday and three on Friday (I was the one wearing the blue Taz Astroworld shirt) and my back kinda aches today also! So does my left side were I got banged up against the side of the car. But all in all, it was really not that bad. It was more of a "smooth rough". The kind I love!

That story was great texcoaster. That was a class act on ya'lls part. Kudos! And kudos to the kid who survived his first coaster!

For anyone planning on heading out today...it has rained for the last couple hours...as in pouring rain. Looks like it is clearing up now but not sure if the coaster is open yet. Today might be a good day to get some rides in though once it does open.

I was feeling pretty beat yesterday from the rides the day before along with the ones I got yesterday. Spending the evening at home relaxing did wonders. The sides of my legs are still sore from the lapbar and seat divider but other than that I feel pretty good. Yes, it's a rough ride. But considering all the twists and turns, it's really not a surprise. However, it's a good kind of rough (if there is such a thing). If I had ridden Rattler or Texas Giant this many times (23 in 2 days), I'm pretty sure I'd be in a hospital somewhere.

Hey, so i rode it twice yesterday on my way to Galveston. I guess i caught it at a good time because it seemed fast and smooth for me, i rode once in back and once in the front, still not sure which ride i liked better...but i did like the airtime. I especially like how this coaster is not like other wooden coasters i have been on where it uses the force of the first drop to go up another large hill, no this coaster uses all that force on some wicked turns. In all I would have to put this up there in my Top 10 coasters, i mean i have not been on to many wooden coasters but The Beast for some reason still gets me (and no im not talking about the beast at kemah lol) But the Bullet is up on my list of rides and a must ride for anyone, especially those of you who just love wood over steel, im just happy its not a weak ride since its sort of our hometown park now

I Think fisherman was out there, (Wearing a bullet shirt)

Nope...we weren't out there yesterday. I was the guy in the Superman T-shirt on Friday night. I got to ride on the very first public train...1st car 2nd row. Boy...I'm feeling the soreness from Friday night...mostly on my left thigh from the one time I sat on the right side...I guess the seat divider did it.

The more I think about this ride...the higher up my list it moves. It was so much fun and it is an incredible ride to look at. It has been said already but I'll reiterate...this is an incredibly unique coaster. I have never experienced anything like it. I love how the station is buried inside the structure with track weaving all around. It is amazing.

-Derek

I Think fisherman was out there, (Wearing a bullet shirt)

Nope...we weren't out there yesterday. I was the guy in the Superman T-shirt on Friday night. I got to ride on the very first public train...1st

-Derek

Damn, i was introduced to you (quickly) at Astroworld one time, Looked just like you.