TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

My thoughts...

It was great meeting all you! The bullet...needs its own catagory under woodie. It was not a typical woodie that I have ridden (I have only ridden texas cyclone & rattler though). It was crazy fast. The polgerist on wood would be the best way I could explain it. I don't think the texas cyclone and the bullet can be compared after riding it. Two totally different rides. It was a good ride. I wasn't expecting it to be so wickedly fast. I liked the back but it was definately more jerky back there. The front was alot smoother and a different ride. Your going so fast in so many different directions its unreal that a woodie could do this. I give it props. So different it takes a while to try to firgure out what the heck you just rode. It's mind blogging. That is the best I can discribe it. I hope to go back soon! I probably won't be making as many trips as some of you since I am a struggling college student.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same here Jason...we weren't thinking about it. More concern with riding! We did get a pic of the entrance (that you already have several of). I am kicking myself for not taking photos now. Oh well...guess it's a good excuse to go back:)

A bunch are out there today waiting for it to open. Im on my way. A lot of the people today plan on takings pics and video if the lines get long as expected.

-GG

I REALLY want to go out there today but I have to put my school work first. I really hope to get down there again this weekend sometime before tuesday. Can't wait to see the video! Is kemah going to let ya'll take an on ride video? That would be AWESOME!!!

A bunch are out there today waiting for it to open. Im on my way. A lot of the people today plan on takings pics and video if the lines get long as expected.

-GG

I REALLY want to go out there today but I have to put my school work first. I really hope to get down there again this weekend sometime before tuesday. Can't wait to see the video! Is kemah going to let ya'll take an on ride video? That would be AWESOME!!!

-GG

I sent you a PM. I didnt get a chance to meet you yesterday, somehow I missed ya. Jason said he ran into you however.

-GG

We took a lot of photos and a ton of video. We'll see what we can put together.

One thing I forgot to mention...if you ride at night, be sure to stop near the end of the exit queue and look to the left under the station and watch a couple of trains go through...they have these cool yellow and red lights down there for the on-ride photo and when the trains go through the strobe light effect is totally crazy. That turn, by the way, is the craziest, most insane banked turn you'll ever ride on a coaster...and to put the on-ride photo right after it was brilliant. Some people's photos looked like they were in a wind tunnel...it is hilarious.

-Derek

Is kemah going to let ya'll take an on ride video? That would be AWESOME!!!

I haven't asked anyone...but it would require special permission since it is against the rules to take a camera of any kind on the ride. I think this ride would definitely require a camera mounted to the train to get any decent POV as well. I don't think a handheld camera would work too well.

Yeah...I think I saw you but I wasn't sure if it was you. I am kindof a shy person and didn't want to go up to you if it wasn't you! lol! I am sure you saw me. I was out there with my whole family with the stroller and all. We got there a few minutes before they let everyone get in line.

I sent you a PM. I didnt get a chance to meet you yesterday, somehow I missed ya. Jason said he ran into you however.

-GG

Honestly...the ride was so fast pace I couldn't really sperate all the elements. It's really really hard to firgure what part you are on. It's so wicked! You are twisting and turning so often and so fast it's hard to realize what just took place. The people that have ridden it alot already can probably tell you what elements feel like what. How ever I only rode it three times...I couldn't try to tell you. Awesome ride!

Im glad you people down there have gotten to ride finally! So what is that part at the bottom of the drop like when riding?

After a dozen rides I could not tell you what happened from start to finish. After the first drop, there is a hard right banked turn. This is the fastest part of the ride and your just screaming through the structure. After that a lot of stuff happens. Left. right, up and down...

One of the coolest parts is the dive under the station where the on ride pictures are being taken.

So is it any good?

Oh yeah. Its really good. This coaster is hard to describe, its like they haven't invented the words for what this coaster does. It is so different from anything else I have ridden. Almost like they drew a normal size coaster on a piece of paper, crumpled up the paper and built that. This coaster is a non stop run from start to finish. There are a couple of places to catch your breath, just for a second and then your thrown back into the structure whipping around turns and more turns. I just don't think we have seen a coaster that acts like this in any of our lifetimes. I looked at the Travers book today to see if I could compare and I have to say, The Bullet looks better than any of those coasters.

Well I went back today around 5pm and got my unllimited pass wristband. The crowds were not bad at all. The first couple of rides I walked right on. However the line did pick up in the evening a little bit. Then at one point it started to sprinkle as we were climbing the lift and I must say, that one "wet" ride was awesome! But by the time we got on the next ride the rain had stopped for good. I ended up staying until it closed at 11pm then on the way home it started to pour!

I'm still not sure what to make of it. I like the back front and middle cars. It can be a little rough in the back. And the turn at the bottom of the first drop is just insane! And I love racing past the bay and under the loading station. After riding last night and all night tonight, I am tired and will probably be a little sore tomorrow. I kept bumping my side up against the side of the seat but I managed to keep my hands up on almost every ride!

For the record, the re-ride policy I spoke about was slightly wrong. You can ride 3 times in a row only if your row is empty in the queues on slow days. If someone is in line you must get up and walk the queues again, you can not change seats even if there are other empty queues. This makes sense since there would be a battle of people trying to take the empty seats all the time. The ride operators may be able to use some discretion on REALLY slow days when most of the train is empty but I don't know for sure about that!

-GG

I DID IT!

In fact, I did it 12 times in less than 7 hours!

I'll do my ride report later. I'm just too tired to do it now.

Ah, didn't know you were out there! Texcoaster and I were out there all day, we are up to over 40 rides now. You may have seen us, we had on the Boardwalk Bullet shirts.

-GG