TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Is that 3X reride policy good for only wristbands? Single tickets must rewalk the queue?

Just need to ask. I'm trying to decide if I'll get the wristband or not. It all kinda depends on just how bad the line is. I love Pharaoh's Fury. That'll pay for part of the wristband in a couple of rides anyway.

Ummmm... if its a single ticket then its a single ticket. No scamming more rides.

Thats not what he meant, I think he meant if you bought 2 or 3 tickets, could you give them the next ticket and ride again without rewalking the entrance que.

-GG

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'll get some of the questions out of the way before my reviews (yes, THREE of them).

YES, you can re-ride without walking the plank. I believe the rule is that you can re-ride three times if nobody is in line for your seat, then you have to get out and walk around. This rule was not enforced during the half hour just before closing when they reopened it after the rainstorm. There were only about 10 of us still there at that point, anyway.

The longest I had to wait in line? Um... I NEVER had to wait in line. Every time I walked around, I walked right back up into an empty seat. Most times, I just stayed on the train. I rode in seats 1L, 1R, 2L, 3L, 5L, 5R, 11L, 11R, 12L, and 12R.

Loading and unloading went really fast, but the train was often only half full. Interestingly, the initial part of the lift is very slow. Usuallly, about 2/3 up the lift, you'll stop and wait for the other train to get into the station. Then the lift kicks it into high gear and pushes you over the top pretty quickly. When you stop on the brake run, the lead-in track to the station isn't angled very steeply, and it takes FOREVER for the train to get back to the station.

REVIEW: First ride, seat 1L. Lift was fast, the turn at the top was more swoopy than I expected and pretty fast. Laterals, even! The drop is nice, with a little hangtime just over the edge in the front car. The zig-zag track at the bottom is nuts. The upper bay turn is nuts. It's all just a blur until the big hill with the anti-rollbacks. Here you catch your breath and enjoy the view. The drop off this hill is really nice with a sweet little banked bunnyhop at the bottom, into the near-90 banked lower bay turn. This might be the smoothest part of the ride. Up and over the Saltgrass hill, down into the structure, then over a little bunnyhop. At the top of this hill, there is a pop. I don't know what causes it, but NOBODY sees it coming. The entire train is launched into the lapbar fairly violently for no apparent reason. Airtime where there shouldn't be any. Sweet! A seriously banked left turn leads to another big hill that drops down under the station and they take your picture. Neat strobe light effect under there. Coming around the back side and into the final stretch, it loses a little steam, especially on the final turn before the station. All in all, a good ride. Not a white-knuckle ride, but great fun for the whole family. Once you get past the first drop and zig-zag track and upper bay turn, you're done with the "hard stuff".

Review: 2nd ride, seat 11R. Anxious to see if that little flat section at the top of the first drop provides the ejector I predicted in my video. Verdict: HELL YEAH! Nice, NICE, NIIIIIIIICE bit of ejector air, with the train twisting another direction before you come down. The zig-zag in the back is even more nuts than in the front, and substantially rougher (but still not as rough as Giant or Rattler). The big drops are better back here, and the sensation of speed is enhanced. When you're inside the structure, you get lost and can't predict the layout. Turns seem faster.

Review: 4th ride, seat 5R. HOLY CRAP. What's up with seat 5 on the right side????? The zig-zag is not nuts, it's INSANE. The upper bay turn has airtime where none of the other seats did. The lead-in to the big turn had airtime, the bunnyhop after the big turn had air, WTF??? Maybe it's just me. Gotta get Guru on this one.

Review: rides 6-10, in the rain. OH.MY.GOD. They should've named this coaster Jeckyll and Hyde. All that crap I said about "good for the whole family"? Fuggedabowdit! This thing HAULS FREAKIN AZZ when it's wet. Yeah, yeah, ALL wood coasters are faster when they're wet, but not like this. Not EVER like this. I am not kidding when I tell you that the Bullet was toying the the bottom of my top 10 list (my ride list is now at 480), but after the "rain rides" it is sitting SOLIDLY at #4. If breaks in good and runs this fast all the time, this ride will be the surprise addition to many, many top 10 lists. At least one person (with a pretty decent track record himself) has claimed it as his #1 coaster after the wet rides.

My whole life is going to change after tonight. I'll be watching the weather forecasts, praying for rain, and then drive to Kemah during the storm so that I can be on the first trains out after the rain lets up. Yeah, it's THAT much better.

Oh, that #4 ranking is the average sentiment of dry/wet rides. If I only ride it when wet, it would be #2, with only the Voyage beating it out. As it is, Voyage, MegaZeph, and Shivering Timbers are ahead of it... but such notable rides as Coney Cyclone, TxGiant, Raven, Phoenix, and Boulder Dash are below it now.

The queue is pretty long, yes. As is the exit.

I imagine lines in the summer will be long...holiday or not. I waited 20 minutes to buy a ticket earlier this year on a non holiday, non event day just to get photos of construction from the sky tower.

But how long did you wait to get on the tower or the other rides?

Ummmm... if its a single ticket then its a single ticket. No scamming more rides. The wristband deal is a different story. It is an all day unlimited rides pass. I had one tonight. I sat back down in my seat this evening for my fourth ride since nobody was in my seats line. But then they closed the ride due to lightning so we had to exit.

Oops!

Let me clarify what I meant...

What if you had say two single tickets to ride twice. You wouldn't be able to just hand them your second ticket and get an empty seat if there was one?

You'd have to rewalk the queue in this case?

I say two tickets based on the ride having a long line. Also, I've read on here that you could mildly call this ride "rough". I rode the Texas Giant back in July and I'll never ride it again. Rough isn't even a kindergarten word to start describing the Texas Giant! I absolutely hate that ride and don't see how anybody, including coaster fanatics, can call that pleasure by any stretch of the imagination. It's #2 pine bloody murder plain and simple.

The queue is pretty long, yes. As is the exit.

I imagine lines in the summer will be long...holiday or not. I waited 20 minutes to buy a ticket earlier this year on a non holiday, non event day just to get photos of construction from the sky tower.

But how long did you wait to get on the tower or the other rides?

Probably about a 15 minute wait for the tower (which appeared to be the shortest line around).

This coaster is going to change Kemah. Just because there aren't many people now, don't expect there not to be lines as people find out about it.

O

Review: 4th ride, seat 5R. HOLY CRAP. What's up with seat 5 on the right side????? The zig-zag is not nuts, it's INSANE. The upper bay turn has airtime where none of the other seats did. The lead-in to the big turn had airtime, the bunnyhop after the big turn had air, WTF??? Maybe it's just me. Gotta get Guru on this one.

Ok, so I didn't ride this one UNTIL it was raining. So the train was going even faster than when you rode it before it started raining. I had about 12 rides under my belt by this point so thought I knew what to expect with middle seats. I recall how ecstatic you were when you rode in that seat earlier but didn't think much of it since it was your 4th ride. I put my hands up in the air for the first drop and then hit the bottom of the turn. Suddenly I was jolted into you then back down and to the right, immediately I then go another bit of pretty violent ejector air. At this point I pulled my arms down grabbed the bar for a second, WTF, I think I shouted some obscenities. Where in Gods name did THAT come from? It took me totally by surprise. I don't remember much else other than I had to grab the bar again near the end cause I was pooped! I can't wait to get back in it however, this time I'll be a bit more prepared for it!

-GG

because there aren't many people now, don't expect there not to be lines as people find out about it.

Well, my expectations are that I'll get some good ride time when everyone is at work and school on Tuesday-Thursday during the day hours. If they continue running it during day hours I don't expect the lines to be too long then.

-GG

Well, my expectations are that I'll get some good ride time when everyone is at work and school on Tuesday-Thursday during the day hours. If they continue running it during day hours I don't expect the lines to be too long then.

-GG

Well for now, yeah. But when summer rolls around again I imagine it'll have lines daily.

Well for now, yeah. But when summer rolls around again I imagine it'll have lines daily.

I sure hope so. I want Kemah to build more!!!

BTW, SKCfan, there is no need to quote texcoasters entire review in your reply, edit your post to quote quote things that pertain to your response, its just good netiquette.

-GG

Let me clarify what I meant...

What if you had say two single tickets to ride twice. You wouldn't be able to just hand them your second ticket and get an empty seat if there was one?

You'd have to rewalk the queue in this case?

I say two tickets based on the ride having a long line.

Dude, I realize that it's late, but go back and re-read that.

If there is a long line, you'll have to walk around no matter how many tickets you're holding, because there won't be an empty seat.

BTW, SKCfan, there is no need to quote texcoasters entire review in your reply, edit your post to quote quote things that pertain to your response, its just good netiquette.

-GG

Fixed. Sorry about that, it wasn't done intentionally. I just didn't stop to think that it would fill half the page.

That's something I'll keep in mind for this forum and others. Thanks!

Dude, I realize that it's late, but go back and re-read that.

If there is a long line, you'll have to walk around no matter how many tickets you're holding, because there won't be an empty seat.

To quote Beavis, "Ohhh yeah..."

I did contradict myself in one post, didn't I?

The question I really wanted to ask was if the reride policy only applied to the wristbands. I didn't mean to make no sense and ask an oxymoronic question...

Not sure how that would work with tickets. They take your ticket / check your wrist band before they let you into the station.

Thanks for trying to answer. Hopefully, I won't have to find out. I really want to ride as many times as I can. Four rides would pay for a wristband, so, no problem. If this ride is anywhere near as good as I think it will be, it will be MORE than worth the cost of the wristband.

I asked them last year, when I first found out about the coaster, if they would do a season pass.

The email I got back was that while no plans for a season pass were in the works for this year, they were discussing several options for the future.

It sounds like it might be a plan for a few years down the road, after they add more rides, but it won't happen yet. As it stands, the wristband is a pretty good deal.

Hell, I paid $19 tonight to ride a really good coaster 10 times.

I went to Vegas and paid $12 to ride Manhattan Express ONCE, and it SUCKED.

Guess which is the better bargain?

I paid $15 to park my car @ SFOT in July. How much did you pay for parking at Kemah? (I know - $0)

That alone makes it a bargain beyond value!

I paid $15 to park my car @ SFOT in July. How much did you pay for parking at Kemah? (I know - $0)

That alone makes it a bargain beyond value!

Wait! and park 10 feet from the coaster?!