TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Yeah...I was trying to check the sign on I-45 on the way to downtown this morning....but it was kindof hard since it faces traffic going south. Needless to say I did not see it in my reeview mirror to see if it says open yet. I am hoping we get out early from work today(we normaly do before holidays). I am so excited! I will definately see you guys there tonight or possibly late afternoon!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I was trying to check the sign on I-45 on the way to downtown this morning....but it was kindof hard since it faces traffic going south. Needless to say I did not see it in my reeview mirror to see if it says open yet. I am hoping we get out early from work today(we normaly do before holidays). I am so excited! I will definately see you guys there tonight or possibly late afternoon!
I'll head out there today around 12...It's the best i can do till tuesday working 2-11 all weekend...

Those signs are pointless, "Become bullet proof" i saw this one on 59 yesterday...No mention of Kemah, How are people supposed to get there?

Why is everyone so worried about how Kemah is advertising this ride?

The fewer people that know about it, the shorter the lines!

BTW...there are commercials on TV saying it is open.

As of today? Or there will be commercials on tv?

Those signs are pointless, "Become bullet proof" i saw this one on 59 yesterday...No mention of Kemah, How are people supposed to get there?

Thanks for the information! I have never really gotten to ride one of those coasters yet.

I have never ridden titan to know...is floater air time similar to the feeling you get on drop rides? The texas cyclone had ejector air time correct? I know people hate it when people try to compare this to texas cyclone (only thing that I think is close to comparision)... but do you think the bullet has more, same, or less air time than texas cyclone did?

Floater air is when you lift out of your seat and hover for a bit. It usually comes at the top of a camelback hill or long speed bump. Shivering Timbers, Superman SFNE, Titan's speed hill, Expedition GeForce all have this kind of air. Voyage has TONS of it.

Ejector air is a quick pop where the rider is launched quickly into the lapbar, then back down into the seat. Using your TxCyclone reference, think about the drop off the "post turn", that turn directly below the big turn after the first drop. Excalibur's drop had some nice ejector air in the back seat.

As for whether Bullet has more or less air than TxCyclone, I'll know later today.

Honestly, other than the back seat, I never got much air on the TxCyclone. It was more about wicked drops and the delicious contrast between the quick hills and the slow turns.

I think a better comparison coaster for Bullet is the TxGiant. YES, the Giant is much, much larger, but it seems a bit more fair to compare that twisted layout to Bullet's than it does to compare TxCyclone's layout.

TxCyclone was drop, slow flat turn, drop drop slow flat turn, etc. Giant and Bullet are both full of wild, undulating, curving and twisting track, taken at breakneck speeds. I sorta expect Bullet to be an extended version of Giant's "flying carpet" finale.

I'll know more after tonight.

I guess just as reaasurance it's open. Nothing any where says "YES! Get your butt here!"

Well I am thinking most people probably won't get there till after school lets out now that school has started. I am hoping to get there before then...I am hoping I am out of here by 2pm.
Damn if it opens arounds noon i'll be there like a nut by myself, wife at work, friends asleep.

I guess just as reaasurance it's open. Nothing any where says "YES! Get your butt here!"

You sure have been negative on this ride lately...saying how the web site didn't work "just like the coaster" and now all the signs for the ride are apparently pointless. Kemah Boardwalk is not a Six Flags park...they handle things differently.

You sure have been negative on this ride lately...saying how the web site didn't work "just like the coaster" and now all the signs for the ride are apparently pointless. Kemah Boardwalk is not a Six Flags park...they handle things differently.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to ride it just like everyone else. The post about the coaster not working had a smiley face next to it. Nothing serious. The billboards aren't directing anyone to Kemah specifally. Do you agree? I googled "You'll be sweating bullets." and got some junk on global warming. We know what it is, The general public may not know. If i didn't come here or sfh site i wouldn't know. I don't listen to FM radio(which i heard had a bullet commercial) and i watch very little tv. If you got offended SORRY!

When they did the expansion back in 2004 and added all the new rides, it was handled the same way. One day there were just new rides open and few billboards advertising them. A few days later commercials started to air on TV and the radio.

People that don't follow coaster web sites find out about most rides through the news or commercials. When Six Flags builds a new ride they advertise mainly through commercials and media coverage. I guess if people don't watch TV, listen to the radio or read the newspaper, they wouldn't know Six Flags opened a new coaster either unless they actually went to the park.

No, the billboards don't target Kemah specifically...but they are the same billboards that always have Kemah advertisements on them (at least down at this end of town).

When they did the expansion back in 2004 and added all the new rides, it was handled the same way. One day there were just new rides open and few billboards advertising them. A few days later commercials started to air on TV and the radio.

People that don't follow coaster web sites find out about most rides through the news or commercials. When Six Flags builds a new ride they advertise mainly through commercials and media coverage. I guess if people don't watch TV, listen to the radio or read the newspaper, they wouldn't know Six Flags opened a new coaster either unless they actually went to the park.

No, the billboards don't target Kemah specifically...but they are the same billboards that always have Kemah advertisements on them (at least down at this end of town).

True, When i went to Kemah in 2002 after prom, There was no Invertor, Aviator, bouncer or submarine, When i went back in 2005 i was amazed.

It is called teaser advertising.

You tease the public with a generally cryptic message leading up to an event. Then change the creative and provide more details at the time of the event.

Kemah's PR department is surely working overtime to make sure the opening is known by the news departmetns of all local media outlets (TV, Radio, Newspaper).

Signs are up as ypu all know. They are still finishing up some safety issues and if things go well they want to be open this evening. The attitude by most here is "Hopefully tonight" however some of my contacts have reassured me that right now they are expecting tonight. Things can still change but it really looks good for today. Dont call in sick though, it will be later tonight!

GG

Yeah...I am surprise there has not been a news article on it online yet.I think the advertisments are working. I have had people ask about what the signs for the bullet were about. It's making people talk about it more by mouth to mouth.

Look for full page ads in the paper too!

GG

Went by during lunch (yeah- it's only 40 minutes away from work - I can take that drive during my lunch hour)

They were running them one after another while I was there... No people yet, but it looks like it will be a blast tonight.

The real question will be - how many times do you think you can cycle through the line in an evening?

Whoo hoo! The office is closing here at work at 2! What time is everyone planning to go down there? just curious when I should head down there...

Jason and some others are going to be there shortly after 3pm. So will I. Hope to see you there! Look for the fat bald guy that appeared in a few of the first in structure pictures Jason took

-GG