TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly, the Bullet is now open, tix are $4.75. Yippee!!!! I'm going!!!

I'd certainly call first. They were still running tests earlier today.

I agree with Jason. I would be surprised if it is actually open unless you have confirmed with kemah themselves.

They were supposed to start training ride staff tonight if weather permits, I seriously doubt it is open to public riders. I'm pretty sure they still have one more inspection to go as well, but otherwise that is about it.

-GG

Any progress on that updated video link of speedy Bullet?

Sorry haven't had time for that, but I guess you saw it for yourself today. It was running 1:45 when I shot the first video. Today it was timed at 1:31! That's a huge increase. No more counting each individual click on the rollbacks. Sounds like three total clicks now!

-GG

Apparantly, the Bullet is now open, tix are $4.75. Yippee!!!! I'm going!!!

I'd certainly call first. They were still running tests earlier today.

I agree with Jason. I would be surprised if it is actually open unless you have confirmed with kemah themselves.

They were supposed to start training ride staff tonight if weather permits, I seriously doubt it is open to public riders. I'm pretty sure they still have one more inspection to go as well, but otherwise that is about it.

-GG

That would be nice. It's dry in the station house. And if it's not raining but just wet and humid, they can practice "loading/unloading" all night long.

Yeah, I enjoyed watching Bullet speed out of the "s-curve" towards the bay. It was haulin' so fast, the track at the edge of the bay was "giving" so much it looked like it was going to snap and send the train into the bay .. that freaked me out! lol

Hi, everyone. I work at the Starbucks in front of the Bullet and have been watching the construction for the last 6 months. I know most of the construction workers because they come in every day. They asked me if I would like to ride it this morning around 10am. I was soooo excited. I've been asking when they would let me ride this thing for months. So I was one of the people riding in the front car at around 10:15am this morning. I have to say that it is an awesome ride. It goes really fast and that first drop is amazing. You get a nice view of the marina and the water at the top of that first hill. It has so many turns in it and just when you think it's almost over, there is another hill or curve. I highly recommend it. It did not disappoint.

I haven't yet heard when the official ride opening is going to be, but I know that it will probably be sometime this weekend.

Went to night for dinner at Salt grass, Saw some people at the station and 10 mins they were gone. Maybe i missed some testing. There was maybe 1 family and one group of drunks from a resturant on the entire amusement area. It was only 910pm wed night! I REALLY hope bullet is open the entire week!

How awesome! I can't wait! My bf and I are going to go down there this weekend whenever it opens. Crossing my fingers....

Hi, everyone. I work at the Starbucks in front of the Bullet and have been watching the construction for the last 6 months. I know most of the construction workers because they come in every day. They asked me if I would like to ride it this morning around 10am. I was soooo excited. I've been asking when they would let me ride this thing for months. So I was one of the people riding in the front car at around 10:15am this morning. I have to say that it is an awesome ride. It goes really fast and that first drop is amazing. You get a nice view of the marina and the water at the top of that first hill. It has so many turns in it and just when you think it's almost over, there is another hill or curve. I highly recommend it. It did not disappoint.

I haven't yet heard when the official ride opening is going to be, but I know that it will probably be sometime this weekend.

It goes really fast and that first drop is amazing. You get a nice view of the marina and the water at the top of that first hill. It has so many turns in it and just when you think it's almost over, there is another hill or curve. I highly recommend it. It did not disappoint.

I'm pretty sure I saw you riding it when I was there yesterday! Ya'll looked like you were having a blast! EDIT: (You answered that already -Which car did you sit in?) Do you recall much air time?

-GG

I am really curious about the air time too. I hope it has alot. That's why I had liked the texas cyclone so much.

It goes really fast and that first drop is amazing. You get a nice view of the marina and the water at the top of that first hill. It has so many turns in it and just when you think it's almost over, there is another hill or curve. I highly recommend it. It did not disappoint.

I'm pretty sure I saw you riding it when I was there yesterday! Ya'll looked like you were having a blast! EDIT: (You answered that already -Which car did you sit in?) Do you recall much air time?

-GG

Which car did you sit in? Do you recall much air time?

I was sitting in the front car, second seat. As for air time, I remember feeling like I was out of my seat during that first big drop for a few seconds, 3-5 maybe? I think I would felt more air time had I gotten to ride it again in the back car. Unfortunately, I had to get back to work. But I mean, how many people get to test ride a rollercoaster before it even opens to the public? I was very lucky.

After all the trips I have made I finally got lucky and saw a test run! I just got back and wow was it exciting hearing, and seeing, the chin lift and coaster moving! I witnessed several test runs one of which had some employees on it. They were riding in the front car and were grinning ear to ear.
Same here! I went today! Ha if i remember you from the astroworld auctions, I think i saw you, wearing black shorts.

re: airtime

I think that how happy you will be with ride depends on what kind of airtime you like.

If you like floaters like the speed hill on Titan, you'll be disappointed. The layout doesn't lend itself to sustained air like that.

On the other hand, if you like ejector air, those quick pops into the lapbar, then you should be pretty happy with this ride.

After all the trips I have made I finally got lucky and saw a test run! I just got back and wow was it exciting hearing, and seeing, the chin lift and coaster moving! I witnessed several test runs one of which had some employees on it. They were riding in the front car and were grinning ear to ear.
Same here! I went today! Ha if i remember you from the astroworld auctions, I think i saw you, wearing black shorts.
Yep... that was me! Small world. Where were you watching at? I was at the back side by the water watching then I was standing out in front on the sidewalk by the first drop watching.

Yep... that was me! Small world. Where were you watching at? I was at the back side by the water watching then I was standing out in front on the sidewalk by the first drop watching.
I was leaving starbucks, Looks like you were crossing the street. It had been cycled 2 times before you got there.

I have never ridden titan to know...is floater air time similar to the feeling you get on drop rides? The texas cyclone had ejector air time correct? I know people hate it when people try to compare this to texas cyclone (only thing that I think is close to comparision)... but do you think the bullet has more, same, or less air time than texas cyclone did?

re: airtime

I think that how happy you will be with ride depends on what kind of airtime you like.

If you like floaters like the speed hill on Titan, you'll be disappointed. The layout doesn't lend itself to sustained air like that.

On the other hand, if you like ejector air, those quick pops into the lapbar, then you should be pretty happy with this ride.

Its good to know it will finally open soon.

About 99% chance it will be open tomorrow. It might be in the evening but it should open at some point. Look for now open signs to appear on the billboards throughout the night and tomorrow!

As for airtime, the back car gets a some floater on the first drop but nothing spectacular. The front car gets a lot of ejector airtime, around 8+ moments and they seem to last longer in the front car as well. The ride is fast, doesn't loose much speed at all. The elements go by so fast that just when you hit an element and realize it your are into the next. It will take many rides to know what is coming next, and maybe more to even realize it! This thing really is a bullet, you get a real surprising sense of speed never really an idle moment. Someone mentioned this might be due to the fact that you are surrounded by wood in close proximity the entire time. The front row on the first train is pretty tame but the second row is noticeably more jerky. The back car is the one that gets pulled around everywhere and you feel it the most but I doubt it will persuade anyone from riding it consecutive times in a row.

Can't wait to ride it all day long tomorrow!

-GG