TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

And there was a test today??????

Don't know. The blue tarp reappeared and workers were hammering away on the track again according to Texcoaster. It could be possible they ran some tests in the morning then had to continue adjusting the track but thats just a guess.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Track work appears to be complete. Apparently they are checking over the trains (especially train #2 which everyone saw was considerably slower in the later videos) to make sure everything is OK there. Other tests will continue throughout the week along with all the inspections needed to get it opened. *If* things go without any hiccups we could be riding mid next week...

-GG

Several reports indicate there were PEOPLE riding the bullet today. Apparently all the tests have worked out and although it is not open to the public, Labor Day is now looking likely! The people on the bullet were apparently management, staff, etc.

I'm heading out now to investigate!

-GG

Several reports indicate there were PEOPLE riding the bullet today. Apparently all the tests have worked out and although it is not open to the public, Labor Day is now looking likely! The people on the bullet were apparently management, staff, etc.

I'm heading out now to investigate!

-GG

Oh man! I can't wait to see what your investigation turns up...

Its true. Heard it straight from the source. This does not mean the coaster is open by any means. There is still testing that needs to be done so don't head down to Kemah expecting a ride. (yet)

It was ridden today by real people and by first hand accounts its a great ride.

The ride was described to me as fast and a lot of fun.

I have also heard from Guru who talked to someone who rode it that the first drop in the back seat offers "plaster you to the lap bar airtime."

Gotta love a construction guy who gets offered a ride and goes for the back of the train rather than somewhere near the front.

ALSO, I have news from a direct source that they do not expect the train to have any problems running without a full load. This is GREAT news for slow days, as you'll be able to ride many, many times.

Everything everyone has said previously is what I have heard as well. I doubht it will be a soft opening on labor day, the place will be packed and I expect the billboards to be changed to "Now Open" by Saturday if things go as planned... Lets all pray to the coaster gods that everyone goes right at this point!

I spoke with about 6 people who rode the coaster. As expected, everything was very positive! I asked about airtime and the guys that rode in the back said it had tons.

The video I took today shows the train going as fast as it has gone over the first and last big hills - unlike the last few videos posted where it was barely making it. The track has been greased and the wheels are broken in now, its running to spec and should be a blast! If I have time Ill post a small clip of video showing it take those two hills now.

As stated in previous posts, they still have to run it about 90 hours with the dummies so don't go out there expecting a 'suprise opening' before this weekend, at which time it wont be much of a suprise!

-GG

So let me make sure I read your post right...if everything goes as plan... it will be open this weekend (hopefully)?

*IF* everything goes *as planned* it will be opened this weekend for Labor Day That IS NO OFFICIAL word by any means, but I have spoke with the other people here that have been following its progress and we have come to the conclusion that this is a very solid possibility now based on all the information we have received/gathered. Nobody at Kemah has stated this and until you see the Now Open signs on the billboard I doubht they will say anything at all.

-GG

Did anyone notice on the boardwalkbullet.com page the "fun facts" section where they punk the "former Texas Cyclone" by comparing stats?

As we all know, stats alone don't make a good ride (cough, cough, Son of Beast, cough)... I'll wait to see how it rides before I rank one over the other.