TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is WOW! I do hope it speeds up on those last few hills. How fast does the first train go through those hils? Even if it dosnt speed up alot that part after the drop will make up for it. It looks like lateral air!When I get down there im just going to get a day pass and ride over and over!

WOW! Awesome videos, guys! It still takes a couple of those hills very slowly...hopefully those spots will speed up by opening.

Are they doing anything today?

-Derek

This was taken from the first few runs of the new train being broken in. It was considerably slower than the other train which went over the hills quite a bit faster (but still not super fast).

-GG

Looks like the crew took a day off today. Didn't see anyone down there when I drove through earlier. I think this is the first day off they've had since July!

I tried to edit some video together...I think I got it in the right order.

http://www.coasterphotos.com/Videos/movies/BB_Test_081807.wm

Everything looked right to me. I didn't know we got that much coverage, it was time well spent! I won't be editing my video anymore, what you got here pretty much covers it. Once you get the new footage tomorrow it will be even better.

-GG

A bit of bad news reached today. The problem area of the track which has been mentioned before on this thread is measuring barely out of spec. From my understanding there is an area where the back car is reaching over the G limit. All the other cars are in spec and the rest of the track is good. They have been waiting engineering results to see about the fix and knew it would either be a very easy, or hard fix. Well apparently is going to be the harder fix. They are not planning on running any more tests most of the week as they will be working to correct the problem and get the ride totally within spec.

Not many other details are known at this point - once we find out more we will pass it along but if I don't respond to questions about this it's not because I'm ignoring its just cause I don't know yet. No need to speculate.

Several of the folks at M&V have told me that this is by far the hardest coaster they have ever worked on. Gravity Group is really pushing the limits and I have no doubt this is going to result in a truly unique ride. Good things come to those who wait!

Also, Coasterphoto has some very nice pictures to post later today from a perspective which few human eyes, much less camera, have been able to see

-GG

This was a no brainer. A coaster at Keman totally makes sense. I never thought about it a first but I always felt that Galveston needed one, but this is a better place. Much nicer. The people around the coaster need to go on and sell so that more Coasters and attractions can be built. It is a shame that it went down like it did but there is no turning back, THE COASTER IS BUILT. I am sure they are holding out for more money. I hate that they are displaced but it is too late now.

I am definately disappointed in another delay but like you say...I rather see it done correctly. Hopefully the harder fix won't take a long long time and this piece of art will soon be running full of excite customers! Safety first...over G limits can be dangerous right? The human body can only hand so much.

A bit of bad news reached today. The problem area of the track which has been mentioned before on this thread is measuring barely out of spec. From my understanding there is an area where the back car is reaching over the G limit. All the other cars are in spec and the rest of the track is good. They have been waiting engineering results to see about the fix and knew it would either be a very easy, or hard fix. Well apparently is going to be the harder fix. They are not planning on running any more tests most of the week as they will be working to correct the problem and get the ride totally within spec.

Not many other details are known at this point - once we find out more we will pass it along but if I don't respond to questions about this it's not because I'm ignoring its just cause I don't know yet. No need to speculate.

Several of the folks at M&V have told me that this is by far the hardest coaster they have ever worked on. Gravity Group is really pushing the limits and I have no doubt this is going to result in a truly unique ride. Good things come to those who wait!

Also, Coasterphoto has some very nice pictures to post later today from a perspective which few human eyes, much less camera, have been able to see

-GG

how did you get those photos? Those are neat.

It's a secret

Coasterphotos can not identify the true nature of his superpowers! His alter ego is busy enough as it is!

I really like:

http://www.coasterphotos.com/maingallery/v/Kemah/2006/082007/Boardwalk_Bullet-082007-21.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

How do they get this thing to wind though so much dense structure!

Great job on the pics! Wish the train was still running though!

-GG

Wow i completly missed that post! Oh well i'm giving up hope it'll open this year.

Huh, won't it be open pretty much all year? It wouldn't shut down for winter, would it?

It will be open all year just like the rest of the park. Hours that the coaster will run during winter weekdays have not been determined but I would imagine the coaster will run in afternoons on weekdays only due to lower crowds during the day.

-GG

Speaking of work...I hope you enjoy...I had to take 2 hours of personal time off to get these photos!

Enjoy? That's putting it mildly. What a fantastic gift to those of us who remain "in waiting". A birthday you won't soon forget, eh?

BTW, Happy Birthday Jason.

Speaking of work...I hope you enjoy...I had to take 2 hours of personal time off to get these photos!

Enjoy? That's putting it mildly. What a fantastic gift to those of us who remain "in waiting". A birthday you won't soon forget, eh?

BTW, Happy Birthday Jason.

Thanks. Definitely made having to work on my birthday not nearly as bad