TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have changed the forecast to 100% chance of rain tomorrow but down to 40% on Friday. Looks like things might get delayed again

An of course Tropical Storm Dean is lined up to be in the Gulf next Monday, but who knows where that will hit at this point once it get there.

Well, at least Texcoaster and I can go ride the Boardwalk Bullet, with some serious waves this time

-GG

Nothing new today. Everyone working hard on the final touches to get it ready for final testing and inspection.

About the Beast, apparently they run it rain or shine and as long as the depression doesn't hit us (it won't) it will be running tomorrow according to the crew "Our Captain is crazy" I think was the quote. I was getting wet just standing on the boardwalk! The boat was docked and bouncing everywhere. Two people had ridden and sat in the front (the supposed dry spot) were 100% soaked!

-GG

I don't think small showers here and there would hurt anything but that isn't what is happening today. It is pouring down rain and there is flooding all over the area. I doubt they are working at all today.

No kidding, wow. I wasn't expecting it to be this bad really and now I just got my power restored after a few hours. It feels like a war going off out there with the constant thunder shaking the apartment.

Yeah, I imagine these weather systems are going to delay it quite a bit, I'd be willing to bet late next week is an optimistic target, and then we have another Hurricane that should be arriving about that time somewhere around the Texas Coast so who knows...

-GG

No, I think it opens in a few weeks.

Well the storm missed Huston, and I doubt the opening was set back, so there is nothing to worry about. While I didn't think much about this coaster before, I am starting to like it more.. It looks like a really good coaster, and it proves you don't need a huge coaster to be a really great one.

Airtime-isn't it under 100ft tall?-&Gravity

Well the storm missed Huston,

The Rain hasn't.

and I doubt the opening was set back,

It supposed to rain most of the day tommorow. They haven't begun testing, measurements, training, etc. Although there has been no announced opening, had they weather cooperated, we were looking as early as Tuesday next week. With this weather we will be lucky for late next week, at that time another storm will be about to hit likely bringing even more rain or worse...

so there is nothing to worry about.

While I would have bet money it was open by labor day weekend, I am now seeing a worst case scenario where that might not happen.

Storm Erin Deluges Houston...

It's like we got a mini-preview of a major one predicted to come later this season.... "Dean" ???

For now I just watch test video of Bullet and enjoy. At least when it doesn't rain you can see and hear the workers doing things on-site, but when it downpours, everything shuts down.

...Does anyone think that Bullet might exceed 51 mph top speed?

From the conversations I heard around the construction site when the initial test speeds came in, EVERYBODY expects it to break 51mph.

It was already doing 49mph after just 8 runs.

So It will be the Kemah Boardwalk Speed Challenge. Who will have the fastest ride, the Beast or the Bullet?

-GG

The Beast or the Bullet? Are you asking a serious question?

I should clarify, the Kemah Boardwalk has another boat ride called the Boardwalk Beast which tops out around 55 MPH so I'm speaking of which ride would be the fastest at Kemah.

-GG

I didnt realize Kemah was were that Aquarium resturant was I ate there a few years ago.

Yup, they have two Aquarium restaurants now. One in downtown Houston. The downtown location has some midway games, a ferris wheel and some kiddie rides. The Downtown location also has a small zoo and a train ride.

The Boardwalk location has grown big time in the past 2 years and from the looks of things they probably won't stop with the Boardwalk Bullet.

It would have been really cool if they could have built a coaster at the downtown location!

So when you say everyone is expecting it to beat 51 mph... about how much more are we talking about? I know no one knows for sure but what is the norm we could expect if we had to take a really good guess? Do coasters normally out beat there expected speed? If so what is the average, range etc. of the norm for this? I would guess it would range around 5mph. Just curious.

I never notice the zoo at the downtown location. This must of been added within the last couple years. It's been about that long since I have been to that location. Maybe when I have enough money to spurge I should go eat there on my lunch break since I literaly can walk there.

I didnt realize Kemah was were that Aquarium resturant was I ate there a few years ago.

Yup, they have two Aquarium restaurants now. One in downtown Houston. The downtown location has some midway games, a ferris wheel and some kiddie rides. The Downtown location also has a small zoo and a train ride.

The Boardwalk location has grown big time in the past 2 years and from the looks of things they probably won't stop with the Boardwalk Bullet.

It would have been really cool if they could have built a coaster at the downtown location!