TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Anyone been out there today?

What timing I had!!!! I drove up, as I parked Bullet was going up and made the first run!!!!

It followed with 2 more runs, the third being almost twice as fast over the first main hill!!!

I have video and pics of the third run for posting later.

They will be testing it remainder of day!!

9n vcar computer pleasse excuse typos and stuff.

WOW GREAT News!!! I am amusing that it did not valley:) Can't wait to see pics & video. Do you know by chance what time they normally stop for the day? I might go up there after work if it's still running.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kemah is located to the south of Houston along Galveston Bay.

Here is some video of a test run I saw this evening. GuruGuys should have some video from other angles later as he saw more test runs than I did and had the chance to check it out from a few different spots.

http://www.coasterphotos.com/Videos/movies/BB_Test_081307.wmv

Right-click the link and save the file.

They still have more work to do on the ride before they just do nothing but cycle it over and over, but they are definitely getting closer!

Jason, I have a question. I noticed that in the first test video you posted, the lift hill looked like it was going at elevator-cable speed, but it looked rather normal in the most recent video. Had they actually sped up the lift, or was that video editing on your part?

Jason, I have a question. I noticed that in the first test video you posted, the lift hill looked like it was going at elevator-cable speed, but it looked rather normal in the most recent video. Had they actually sped up the lift, or was that video editing on your part?

I haven't modified the videos in any way other than going from AVI to WMV and adding some text. I've compared both videos and really can't tell much difference in speed myself.

Kemah is located to the south of Houston along Galveston Bay.

Here is some video of a test run I saw this evening. GuruGuys should have some video from other angles later as he saw more test runs than I did and had the chance to check it out from a few different spots.

http://www.coasterphotos.com/Videos/movies/BB_Test_081307.wmv

Right-click the link and save the file.

They still have more work to do on the ride before they just do nothing but cycle it over and over, but they are definitely getting closer!

Hey Jason!

It was very nice meeting you out there. Thanks for all your hard work and excellent pictures.

Ill be working on editing something to put up on my video as well as a few new pictures, alas, my equipment is not near as good as Jason's so don't expect the same quality!

-GG

Ahh, the sound of a wooden coaster running, I haven't heard that in a couple weeks. This gets me a hankering for some Voyage, too bad it is trimmed to the point of the tripple down is slow. Oh well, I guess I will prescribe myself a circuit or two on Cornball Express in a couple weeks.

And I plan on buying a shirt in a couple weeks if you wouldnt' mind getting one for me.

Hey Jason!

It was very nice meeting you out there. Thanks for all your hard work and excellent pictures.

Ill be working on editing something to put up on my video as well as a few new pictures, alas, my equipment is not near as good as Jason's so don't expect the same quality!

-GG

Was nice to meet you too. Wish I could have gotten out there earlier but work has to come first. I'm glad I hung around as long as I did this evening though, I was about ready to go home when I caught Jim out of the corner of my eye and walked up to you guys. Can't wait to see your photos and video on a slighly bigger screen

spaceace12 - Just drop me a message when you are ready for a shirt and we'll work out the details. I'd be more than happy to get one to you.

Jason

Because of the way I have my site configured, clicking a video link from another site will result in that message, you will have to save the file to your PC to view it. At one time I had an issue with bandwidth because a lot of people were linking or embedding my videos in their web pages. I don't have a bandwidth issue any more and need to change that...

I don't have the video linked on my site yet.

I had to get this one out first. Thanks to all the hard work that the crew has put out who have battled over 113 degrees with the heat index these past few weeks. Think of all the smiling faces and joy you'll bring to the millions of riders throughout the years!

Congratulations to a Very Happy Crew!

IMG_0667.JPG.603b6149eb67ac5dcd9a6c6fb5f69b3b.JPG

A Very Happy Crew! After The Boardwalk Bullet completed it first three unassisted circuits!